I might get banned for this, but..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Whi

Whitey Guest

Some of you posting in reaction to today's postponement of a ******* game of football are acting like first class knobheads. As soon as I clocked out of work (an hour ago) I checked my phone for news regards the game being on/off. I was going to come over tonight, against my previous judgment. I just fancied it. Upon learning of the postponement, I knew full well there'd be folk on here having a whinge and a moan. Not surprised by who the moaners are either. The same folk who do nowt but moan, about anything BFC related and never post anything remotely positive.

Last night, here in Bradford, temperatures dropped to -6. I'm guessing it was something similar in Barnsley. It's an actual recorded fact now that last night throughout the whole country we saw the coldest night of the year. That's the coldest night out of 362 nights so far. A referee has inspected the playing surface and decided that at 7.45pm tonight, again in freezing conditions, it won't be suitable to play on and it was deemed unsafe for the players.

The conditions on the roads and surrounding areas aren't ideal either. Not every BFC (and very few Oldham) supporter(s) live within walking distance of Oakwell. These are things to take into consideration.

So a game of football has been postponed. The game will be played at a later date. It's my opinion that this is the correct call. Selfishly, it will allow the club to prepare for another game in just five days time at the same venue. It will give us opportunity to get more players fit, and/or, new players into the club. I see little to moan at.

But knobheads know better. Apparently, it's called off because it costs the club 12 grand to use the undersoil heating and they've not bothered switching it on. Aye. Because the full to capacity corporate visitors to Oakwell tonight were coming here free of charge. Experiences tells us that gates are higher during the festive period. Oldham Athletic are in dire form. But yep, Ben's a lovely person and full of **** and BFC are a joke etc etc and ******** etc.

"they're taking the piss out of the lifeblood..."

**** off.

Travelling down to Charlton for an afternoon kick off only to find out the game has been postponed an hour before kick off because it's a bit wet under foot.... that's taking the piss. Calling off a game of football after a deluge of snow and three days of the coldest weather this year, because a referee deemed it the safe thing to do, that's a shame that is. Not a joke.

I have sympathy for such as Calgary Tyke and her family, and no doubt others who've made plans weeks ahead to make it over specially for this match. But **** happens. It's a ******, but that's life. We move on. It's a game of football. There'll be another in five days time. And possibly another chance to ******* moan and whinge like a first class knobhead.

You Reds.

2. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ban him!

3. Whi

Whitey Guest

I might ban myself. It's about as much fun as a funeral on here lately. Dyson, Jay, Extremely Northern, bossman, Ark, not seen any of em posting recently and they usually brighten the place up. Right now it's full of wet wipes and bed wetters. Give or take a few. :)

4. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whitey the brown nose reindeer ..... :)

5. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like it, Winall should be back, when we play em next! Plus we may get some signings in through jan.

Fed up to miss the match but this may be for the greater good, long term

6. Whi

Whitey Guest

I hope that's humour. I'm defending nobody. Nobody needs it. A referee has made a decision, and a game of football will be played at a later date. World still turns. The reaction from some on here is ******* embarrassing.

7. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're not wrong.

8. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get your point but why wasn't any snow cleared prior to this morning

Why not start work yesterday

Surely if the pitch was ok to play the surrounding area would then be s problem which BFC didn't start improving until
    10:30 this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Whi

Whitey Guest

Dunno, mate. Unlike some, I'm not desperately searching around for an answer to what for me isn't a big issue. It's a game of football. It's been postponed, it'll be played at a later date.

If others want to cry conspiracy, or act like knobheads, crack on.

10. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a genuine question I don't think I'm acting like a knobhead

I just think more could be done

Yes it's only a game of football but I honestly believe this is what BFC wanted no matter what bm says

To start clearing snow at 10:30 is a piss take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. sam

sambora Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope you do get banned - just another example of someone who can't see the wood for the trees ( probably due to the snow not being cleared ) the club can do no wrong - wrong the club cannot do anything right they are a shambles from the the top ( owner) down to the bottom (Reece brown) but feel free to keep calling us nobheads - I won't hear you for all the noise from your happy clapping

12. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe it didn't need to be? How long does it take to move some snow on a car park etc with a couple of tractors?

13. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Whitey, I've had more than my say on this. It's not the postponement that wrankles with me. Its the been lied to as a paying customer and the ******** coming from the club.

14. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was the temperatute in Bradford on Satdi night Andy?

They managed to get a game on yesterday. As did about 40 other league clubs.

15. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What about the Sky pictures of the pitch?

16. Whi

Whitey Guest

I wasn't lumping you in with them.

But seriously, if you reckon a frozen pitch at the coldest time of the year isn't grounds for calling a game off, then I see no point discussing it with you. The surrounding areas are irrelevant. It's been called off due to a frozen pitch. Last night (just had it confirmed) the temperature in Barnsley was below -5. Which renders the heating useless. It's close to freezing right now. It will be below freezing again by kick off. It's not rocket science.

17. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Yesterday afternoon. It would have been a different story if they were all played in the evening.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

We didn't have it as bad as South Yorkshire. Don't get me wrong, up here where we live (some miles from Valley Parade) we had plenty of snow. The temperature last night was -6 here. But that was after the event, mate. And, they played the game in the afternoon, not at 7.45pm when it's below freezing.

They're in good form and at full strength too...

19. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I enjoyed that post and couldn't agree more.

I'm glad the club have sorted it out nice & early in the day too. Can't imagine any away fans had set off & barring a few back for the Christmas period who'll miss out there's little harm done.

20. Whi

Whitey Guest

If you think I'm a happy clapper who always defends the club then I can only assume you don't read my posts. I'm defending no-one. No-one requires defending.

But you crack on, even a little dig at one of our players there in a totally irrelevant thread.