It's difficult to articulate

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Jay, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just how dominant that performance was. It's a long, long time since I've seen us destroy the opposition in such a manner.

Johnson out though obviously, he hasn't a clue what he's doing.

Is there any need for that? Well, yes, there ******* well is, after the utter **** we've had to read on here because we drew in the semi-final of a cup competition. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves and I hope you're feeling a bit sheepish today. I don't care how pompous that sounds because you're ruining this place, which used to be such a brilliant forum on which to waste some time. I've lost count of the number of people who've told me they don't post on here any more because of the incessant, negative, ill thought out garbage that a few feel the need to post on a daily basis. We've got a decent young manager, still learning the role, who is slowly putting together a team of which we can all be proud. It's just one defeat in 8 games now, so either show the man some support or shut the **** up because we've heard enough of your crap now and you're boring us rigid. We don't want to read it any more.

2. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

Hear Hear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mat

matthewWAB New Member

I agree the criticism was crazy after the cup draw. I wasn't there but just couldn't understand it. There's no denying we've turned a corner. Well done to all concerned for making that happen.

If we continue to improve we might even get a top ten finish.

This league is so poor and with our budget we should be in the top four, no excuses.

Hopefully Johnson is the man to make that happen next season.

4. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Although I agree with your point about the incessant calls for LJ's head, the Johnson out brigade do have a valid perspective.

It's mid Jan and we are 17th in League 1.

Yes we've won 4 of the last 5, however 3 of those against teams in or around the relegation places. Encouraging signs yes, but to poo poo their viewpoint is wrong, albeit I realise its their methods you have issue with.

My problem with the club is the transfer policy which is biting us again this season combined with the general malaise and lack of direction at the club. Your posts over recent days following this signing of Brownhill would suggest you share many of those concerns.

5. tiz

tizer New Member

I still think he's *****.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. Mr Y

Mr Y Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm glad he's coming out of the bad spell, very nice guy by all accounts.

You have to back a manager 100% and credit has to go to Patrick and Ben for this. He's a young manager learning this side of football. He could be and i hope he is our manager for years to come.

Well done to Lee and is backroom staff.

7. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Won't make any difference Jay. Expect more threads today, referring to happy clappers, swallows and summers, Mr J Ay etc.

There was even a post last night saying "it'd be a catastrophe" if we got promoted through the playoffs. That actually happened.

8. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Just who the **** are you referring to with your condescending ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want to read something you don't like don't come on here. Simples

The font of all things Bfc related who spits his dummy out cause he doesn't like what he reads!!!!!

Man up you wimp!!!!

9. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

Here comes another one slagging off folk for having an opinion.

Isn't that what a forum is all about?

10. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He's referring to you and your very small band of numpties. We all agree that the team deserved all they got when we were losing, but for goodness sake it's not funny or clever to constantly bang on. You've realised what a tit you were as you've changed recently like the weather. I'm quite sure your probably a decent fella who's not a simpleton

Why feel the need to behave like one on here??

11. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How am I slagging folk off? No slagging of any folk in my comment at all there. Was simply an observation and a reference to a comment that someone made last night. Not sure why you're getting so wound up, sorry..

12. spi

spidermatt Member

Teacher
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Possibly no more condescending then assuming folk need constantly telling that Johnson needs the sack?

That said, opinions are the lifeblood of any forum aren't they? Articulate disagreement can (and should) lead to passionate debate and thoughtful argument.

Or summat.

13. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well said Jay. They know who they are and there is ZERO chance of them laying off the drip drip drip criticism.

There used to be a lot of brilliant, witty posters on here who disappeared for one reason or other. I have no problem hearing for and against arguments on ANY subject but not if it means that those with something interesting to say just decide not to bother.

14. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problem with the forum is not that people express their views, it is a forum and that is what it is for. It is that some posters repeat their view over and over and over again in almost every thread. It makes it very hard to find anything interesting or worthwhile to read. The lack of stimulation means that the effort of reading is not rewarded.

It is sad that many of the interesting posters have left the forum. I guess that they will not be tempted to return unless, somehow, changes can be made to this place, so that it once more becomes a place to meet interesting people with an interest in Barnsley FC. I wish that I knew the answer, and I do not want to sound elitist, because I am not, but something needs to be done to reduce the amount of rubbish posted by the few with a limited agenda.

15. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well I get the total moaning stuff being annoying but yes that does sound really pompous, certainly unnecessarily aggressive especially after you have said many times stuff like you are backing him but you don't know why and its probably because we have sacked too many managers and that various performances have been **** and as bad as you have seen.

Yes the constant moaning for moaning sake does get annoying, but WHAT THE FK HAPPENED TO BEING ABLE TO COMMENT ON A MATCH BY MATCH BASIS.
    If it comes to that some of the other lot are as bad for spoining it coming on as if its being perfect ignoring everything that's been wrong for fking months attacking anybody and everybody who dares say something in a performance wasn't quite right it beggars belief.
    Anyway by and large I have enjoyed my time on here but I think that original post is probably the one that 'broke the camels back'for me because I think I'm done on here now.

16. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jay introduces hammer to nail in his usual erudite manner. And to Dr Zazlos, be under no illusion, everyone reading Jay's post immediately thinks of you and your halfwit friend, who have absolutely ruined what used to be what one of the better fans forums on the internet.

17. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

"There used to be a lot of brilliant, witty posters on here who disappeared for one reason or other. I have no problem hearing for and against arguments on ANY subject but not if it means that those with something interesting to say just decide not to bother"

There still are some brilliant witty posters on here and they don't spit their dummies out and disappear cause they don't like what they read!

Saying something interesting is very subjective and if your mates don't want to post on here then so be it

18. spi

spidermatt Member

Teacher
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Blimey, this thread has touched a nerve.

19. Dub

Dubai Tyke New Member

I liked your first sentence but the rest was OTT and uncalled for, and was just intended to stir up another argument. The better the team does then the less negative remarks about Lee will appear. Simple. No need to rant again, it gets tedious.

20. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People routinely forget it's a forum with rules, set up, funded and run by people who don't want the kind of trolling that floods the place. Those people are perfectly entitled to decide who is and isn't part of the forum. And the people who don't like that, are perfectly entitled to set up and pay for and administer, their own forum, to discuss whatever they like as many times and in whatever way they want.