Good luck tomorrow on your quest for the playoffs

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Oxford:), Apr 15, 2016.

1. Oxf

Oxford:) New Member

Let's hope you get a result against Burton tomorrow. We are at home to Luton, should be a good atmosphere. Since Wembley I'll he following Barnsley and want us both to go up the football league.

2. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

A very generous and gracious comment - your team were a credit at Wembley and were unlucky to find Barnsley on such good form. Gave us a right scare. You'll have no problem staying up (or better) in League One. Good Luck at the Kassam tomorrow.

3. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank you for your good wishes.
    When we reached the playoff final against Ipswich in 2000 to try to get into the Premiership (again) it developed such a good relationship between our two clubs after the final, which we lost.
    It was a very similar feeling after the game with yourselves.
    Mutual goodwill abounded then and I hope it does now.
    In 2008 we played Cardiff in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley and it was entirely the opposite. We were faced with a mob of mindless thugs, hell bent on looking for any excuse for sheer vitriole and ugly confrontation, playing on the Wales-versus-England chip on the shoulder crap.
    Anyway, good luck to you in your quest for promotion. If we don't play you next season it won't be for want of trying. I'd love us to go up.... you want to go up too. Let's keep that distance between us, for the right reasons.

4. Gat

GatesheadRed Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally Agree .. I have said time and time again that the day we played Oxford was so much like the Ipswich final where it was a total ' love in'. Oxford played football as it should be played and not the usual physical abuse, time wasting and play-acting of injury we see week in and out! After the match I was with BFC and OUFC fans until we were sent home... A most remarkable day, made possible by by both sets of supporters of two 'decent' clubs. The Cardiff game was just not comparable!

Onwards and upwards to us both. ( hopefully!)

5. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cardiff - beat us to get through to their first FA Cup final since 1927, and all their fans wanted to do was start trouble. Including threatening my nearly 70-year-old mum.

Oxford - lost to us, and their supporters were impeccably-behaved.

Good luck to Oxford. In an ideal world, they'll get promoted and we'll miss each other next season.

6. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice to hear . Most Oxford fans on Twitter have been obnoxious.

7. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair the Oxford fans I've been chatting to have been brilliant, wishing us well and saying what a great game/day it was

8. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Every club has a minority of idiots.

9. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't use Twitter much, but the Facebook page for the JPT final seemed to be almost exclusively populated by complete brain donors from both sides. However, it's pretty clear it's not a representative sample.

10. Merde Tete

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hey up mate. What's your (and the general consensus down there) opinion on Chey Dunkley? In the first half especially at Wembley I thought he looked absolute class - strong, composed, good on the ball. And yet I'd say that he could have probably done better with maybe our first, and definitely our second goal.

11. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's because twitter is for tards, trolls and Joeys.

12. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

As apposed to football forums which are heaving with intellectual debate and jollity.

13. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers mate

You must be proud of the way your lads played at Wembley, easily the best side in the first half. We needed to step up a couple of gears to beat you in the second half. In the end, Adam Hammill was the difference between the sides.

Hope you get get promoted, you'll have no problem in League 1.

14. Oxf

Oxford:) New Member

Dunk's has come on from his shakey start with us. He's no way the finished article, still has a mistake in him and distribution is still part of his game that needs improving. At the moment he's keeping Jake Wright out of the team which says alot to how the management value him.
    He's a unit and at his best against a conventional center forward, where he can challenge physically and often dominate. Against a ball playing agile forward he can be exposed but he's improving in that department.

He's a 100% player which the crowd love but a consequence of that he regularly picks up yellows.

In the final, like Oxford his first half was better than the second and as for Barnsleys first goal, he was in a difficult situation, if he had not made contact I'm sure Winnall would have scored and to Dunks credit he got first to the ball unfortunately as we all know he found the corner of the Oxford net.
    Nobody at Oxford criticised him for that, particularly as it extended our 3 goals at Wembley run :)
    Would he fit into Barnsleys team ? Not if you go up for sure at this point in his career, unless he is to be used as a second string CB.
    He's 24 so would be a buy for the future. Most Oxford supporters would want him to stay, a John Stones he's not and never will be, but for divisions 1 and 2 at this point in time he's would be a valuable asset to most teams.

BTW we could be heading to the playoffs if our home form doesn't improve so both teams back at Wembley is still a possibility although I've a feeling we might just scrape up in 3rd auto place.

15. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't see anything in Dunkley that would improve on what we have already at the club. We've had similar in the past, with the likes of Jean Yves M'Voto and Darren Moore. Our centre half pairing is as good as anything in Division One but we could lose both of them in the summer if we don't go up. That's the nature of football though. The higher up vultures pick off what they fancy from us, and then we do the same to the Plymouths, Wycombes and maybe Oxfords of this world. 'Twas ever thus.

But, like everyone else on here, I fully expect us to make a decent stab at going up in May. Top two is out of reach but 4th, 5th or 6th are ours to take with a bit more effort for the rest of the season. Tomorrow night is a key game for us. Win it and we are still flying. Lose, or draw, and the balloon will be well and truly deflated.

16. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From what I saw I would hope we arnt even half thinking about signing him.

Even if for some strange reason we were, where would he play cos he's a long way from standard of our current two centre backs.

17. Merde Tete

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't ever suggesting we should sign him!