so, who is the poster named 'observer'??

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Artisan-baker-red, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    and how can he/she have been accurate 4 days ago?? (re:Williams)

what else does he/she know???

ill pin him/she down, you lot tickle and well get more info out of them...

2. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I have a feeling that he is George's dad. Just a hunch based on by observations excuse the pun

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's Bev Roser....Ben Mansfords pa....just an anagram.

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hummm... Well he has mentioned meeting Jak McCourts parents a few times so perhaps he is somehow linked to the club. Either via family or friends.

Also worrying that if he does know owt he said that 5 of last years starting line up won't be at Oakwell start of season. Willo has gone. So who else to follow?!!

5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Observer.jpg

We can see you. Any chance of an explanation re: Williams pretty please?

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree. He signed up for the forum when George signed and almost every post he's made has been about George. He's been pretty negative about the clubs treatment of George when he was dropped and criticised both white and Bree in their place as replacements for george

7. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    If all that's true then a) fantastic memory and/or research SuperTyke and b) If you are George's dad, Observer, I and many others wished George was still here. Don't often come across players that can just keep stepping up divisions when thrown in at the deep end. Massive mistake.

8. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It was this, combined with the fact that when we signed George, George's dad revealed himself on the Worcester forum.

If I have guessed right. I'd just be careful if I was you Observer about what you post regarding the situation. I wouldn't want yourself or George to get into hot water with the club.

George has a massive future, he seems like a smart lad and will find a club no problem because he's incredibly talented.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9. Ayl

Aylott Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brownhill, Fletcher, Isgrove, Williams and now it would seem Scowen if he's had his shirt number taken off him.

10. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    George Williams dad used to post regular on the Worcester FC forum as 'Sumowatcher'. I'd say Observer is most definitely Georges dad.

Good luck George and we'll miss you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Obs

Observer Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hello Archey, I am rumbled because yes I'm George Williams' dad. He has had an incredible time at Barnsley and genuinely wanted to stay and try his luck in the Championship. The club statement is accurate in that he was offered a contract which was subsequently withdrawn. The contract offered was the absolute minimum the club needed to offer to trigger compensation, not a penny more. George didn't feel wanted and it was made clear he would have limited chances next season. He did ask for an additional £150 per week; he was offered £1,050. It is my belief (not fact) that Hecky spoke to the Board and it was agreed to cancel the contract offer to help George in his effort to find a new club. If my belief is correct then to be fair to the club this increases his chances of finding a new club without the threat of compensation hanging over any deal.

His time at Barnsley has been like a roller coaster ride from making his league debut at Preston, not being wanted initially by LJ, sent out on loan to Barrow which proved helpful, then getting a chance to start in January due to injuries. To LJ's credit he did pull George to one side after three starts and said that he had got George completely wrong. The rest is history and I know he is very proud to have been part of such an excellent team that made Barnsley history!

Just to be clear nothing has gone on behind the scenes and his agent wasn't greedy; simply the club couldn't guarantee regular games next season and at 23 George needs to be playing regularly; his preference is and has always been to start for Barnsley. He has no other club lined up but we hope that he will be able to get a regular start in L1 given his performances since January.

The last five months have been amazing and as parents we are very proud and loved watching him and the team home and away; great club!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  12. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well he goes with the best wishes of every fan at this club, I think you'll agree with the reaction of us fans how much we thought of him, I truly hope he finds a club soon and risers to the very top,

13. springvale red

springvale red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good luck in all you do in future George, and thank you George's dad for clearing everything up

14. Obs

Observer Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank you for such kind words. He always felt a genuine connection with the fans and the outpouring on social media this afternoon has been remarkable and quite humbling

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So that means not only have we lost a player but we've also lost a poster!

16. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really sorry to see George leave he was a revelation on his return to the side. Will have great memories of him in our red shirt. Speaks volumes about a player when fans are sad to see him leave. Good luck George and I hope you manage to secure a successful future.

17. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's fairly obvious to you and George that he's been an extremely popular player with the posters on the BBS and the Barnsley fans as a whole.
    May I take this opportunity through you to wish George all the best wherever his career takes him in the future and confidently predict he'll always receive a warm welcome from Barnsley supporters.

18. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like most on here I am really disappointed that he won't be with us next season which in itself is a reflection of just how good he was for us in the second half of last season. I really hope he finds a club and goes on to have a very successful career.

19. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just goes to illustrate how difficult the professional career can be both for clubs and players .
    I can remember a journalist asking Glenn Hoddle how difficult it was to tell Gazza he wasn't in the 98 world cup squad..his answer was , nowhere near as bad as telling 17 yrs old lads their careers at Swindon were over....puts the real human element back into it . It's a shame George hasn't stayed...he's proved himself to be a cracking young player and those chances may well have come.
    Best wishes to George...I'm sure he'll do well ....and you have every right to be bloody proud of him.

20. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very best wishes to George, he'll never be forgotten by Barnsley fans and is assured of a warm welcome whenever he tips up at Oakwell in the future.