Fan Engagement Forum PT1

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Gally, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    The following Agenda points were covered

New Safety Officer

Linton: The club has a new safety officer called John Rutherford. Been at Wednesday for 10-15 years, very experienced, has close connections with SYP.
    Already made a massive, massive impression in the club while he's been here with regards how we interact with SYP, the arrangement with the stewarding, etc. Having someone who works for the football club is already proving beneficial.

The reason I want to bring that to your intention is that some of the parts of the agenda will be addressed with John coming on board

Vandalism to the Ponte End

Linton had printed some additional photos that have had not been shared on social media of the damage to seats etc. around the top left of the point as you look at it. These were passed round.
    Linton asked for the thoughts from around the table.
    Linton: This is costing the club quite a bit of money and time to get all the seats replaced and has an impact on other work that was supposed to be going on in the stadium.

Linton was asked where it was happening. Explained it was in the top corner of the Ponte

"These people are not football fans, see who they are and eradicate them."

"Smack bang other side of the steps from them" "Stewards don't do anything. If there were some sort of emergency in there would be no chance."

"Is this element is this corner the ones going to away games causing issues."

Yes was the consensus

Flares also reported going off in that area. The clubs have been reported again for this.

Club cannot understand why our own fans are smashing the seats up.

Linton: What you've mentioned about the stewarding. We've discussed this and several meetings with John, our safety officer. We will be acting now and asking people in this area if they have tickets in this area. We are going to ask that question if these fans are in the appropriate seats. If not, they will be asked to sit where they should be. That as a starting point to communicate."

Table: "I think you; ll need a police officer" "You've got a mob mentality."

"When we got to away matches its one big band. They don’t care what they do and who the upset. We are supposed to be going together and supporting BFC."

"I don't even know if they are even over age."

Beth: Matchday tickets aren't sold in that area. There are a certain number of season ticket holders in that area."

"There's a mentality that it has never been challenged so its ok."

First SLO complaint of the season was with regards their behaviour
    At the end of Rotherham match - 2 fighting on the steps on the stairs. Stewards watched, looked at them and did nothing

"We will now monitor what goes on and make sure this doesn't go on. It's not acceptable to do it away from home but to do it Oakwell."

Club are looking at covert CCTV, video footage and prosecutions.

Linton: Can I assume everyone around this table do not agree with the behaviour of these fans.
    Everyone agrees

Club find it unacceptable and intend to act.

"The problem you have got is that you can't deal with the at away match basis. "

Banning orders and ticketing were discussed.

It was asked if this was the same crew that had banning orders last season.

Linton: "New safety officer is not going to walk away from this; we are going to look into this."

Linton: "We've seen some of the best football for many seasons. We win 4-0, fantastic feeling, and we hear about this."

Linton: "I can assure everybody we are going to look at this over next few games and just bear with us on that. We don't want genuine fans being threatened and feeling uncomfortable."

It was mentioned some people are bringing spirits in.

Linton: "On some of these photos we can see that, but we are going to deal with it."

"They don't just want to ban. They want prosecuting"

Turnstyles Northampton Game

The issue is with the flow of entry at the turnstiles. Several reasons for this when the club had a debrief. The club gets the real time flow of people through each of the turnstiles. They had over 2,000 pay cash from 7.25. There was a situation where those who don't normally sit in the east stand came round the corner, saw the queue, and joined it even though other turnstiles were open.
    Criticism of stewards. Linton asked for help from SLOs. Linton agreed better communication was required. Club try to put details out and said there are some things they can do better.

Car Park

Linton: "The club are looking into the issues with the lighting. The flow with the carpark. Have a meeting with John and club looking to bring some stewarding to help the flow. Simple things. If we can get some individuals to help get the message out that if you are going to turn left. Park on the left side of the car park. We need to communicate that and we are going to try and do that."

Why are there only 2 gates open? Need to keep grove street free and if there is an emergency nobody can get through. There is a requirement to provide casualty evacuation.

Car Park staff ask people ask they come in.

Linton: Club are looking into it and trying to do something that will help

Club Merchandise

Linton: "In my previous role I would take full responsibility for the last couple of years. You may remember this is the second season that the club has taken control. We have got a delivery coming in just over a weeks' time. When we sat down with Puma we were talking, and believe it or not I'm going in two weeks to pick our kit for next season. We order our final orders Oct/Nov time. If you imagine in Nov when we looked at doing orders we were the bottom of the league it wasn't looking like we were a force. However, we did order sufficient amount of shirts in keeping with previous years."

"2 deliveries were brought in early, but we couldn’t bring in another delivery drop which is the one we are getting on
    I hope you would believe that we are doing well off the pitch. Home/Away shirts and training kit doing fantastic.
    16 weeks turnaround to get shirts and we have to order a large minimum quantity to allow for this turnaround.
    We monitor daily sales. We brought a retro range. They are legitimate; Puma has the licence for that shirt brought into 2016. And the quality is fantastic. We sold over 250 on the first day.
    Strategy wise next year the order will be bigger than before."

Fan:"Last years kids shirts not available at the beginning of season was mentioned. People that buy an up to date shirt, spend the money and want to wear it all season, not the half season. Don't want to be buying full price at Christmas for half a season.

Me: "Did you have problem with supply last season?"
    Yes with child 7-8 sizes.

Linton:" some issue last year, we ordered ladies shirts, 100s of ladies shirts. I don’t want to be derogatory to the ladies of Barnsley but you bought XL boys to save 8 quid. That did effect sizes of that range"

Linton: "I take full responsibility. We will be doing other retail offerings. If there isn't something in stock at that time we'll provide something else."

Disabled Facilities

Linton: Club are looking at this with John Rutherford. Linton mentioned the level playing fields report. There are things we can look at. Trying to accommodate everyone in this area is providing difficult. Not the case that we can splash 100sK. We have to look at it and to see if we can try and tweak things in certain areas. We are doing everything we can to accommodate everyone at Oakwell

Disabled fan on the forum mentioned he sits on the front row but sometimes go to next row up which he can just about reach. Problem is on front row when there a goal you knocked about. Anyone bit more mobile should sit a few rows back.

Beth made the point that ambulant disabled can site anywhere (if they can) and that the club would prefer that so wheelchair users and carers can use the front row. The fan did not realise this.

Linton: Family and friends is the thing that we lost marks on for disabled users (because of capacity issues). Health and Safety dictate 58 people in that corner user. This means that if a wheelchair user wants to bring a carer and family, it would take up space for other wheelchair users so can't always do it.

Linton: "We are looking at it. If people set emails, we do read them; we will engage and where we can do, we'll try and do what we can…. We do listen."

Disabled away fans parking was discussed by Alan Bloore and impact away coaches have on this. Linton said he would look into it. Did have an issue with Travellers for Rotherham game. Beth had an email from a Rotherham supporter thanking them for excellent disabled supporters.

2. Heb

Hebeb96 Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks very much for this Gally, really appreciate you making the effort to type all that up. Good to hear the trouble in the ponty is being dealt with appropriately.

3. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks very much Gally.
    Very informative.

4. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks

5. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great read.....took some reading where there were 3 words merged into 1 :) but very informative

Cheers

6. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Yeah seems to have lost some spaces in the cut and paste. Will try and go back and correct when I get some spare time.

7. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Actually have cut and paste it via notepad++ and it seems to have retained the spaces

8. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Safety Officer....massive appointment !!

9. dod

dodworthred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    can we open more of the stands now?

10. monkey tennis

monkey tennis Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spirits ? , I think the bigger problem with these young nobbers is that most of 'em are coked up of their tits and thinking they are ten men thus transforming them from the meek little cnuts that they are. When i take my young un into the bogs there's always empty little coke bags knocking around in the shitters, sithi.

11. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its not even coke. Its now 'illegal' highs. About 2/3s less per gram than some decent charles.

12. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers for that much appreciated

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is Beth the blonde haired woman, slim, probably in her mid-40's at a guess? If so she's brilliant, whenever I've had an issue over the years she's sorted it quickly.

I've not got a clue why anyone would smash our own seats up, must be the result of inbreeding or something like that.

14. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Linton:" some issue last year, we ordered ladies shirts, 100s of ladies shirts. I don’t want to be derogatory to the ladies of Barnsley but you bought XL boys to save 8 quid. That did effect sizes of that range"

Sorry but got to take issue with this

Firstly, you have to ask yourselves, why are womens shirts priced £8 more than a same sized kids shirt, and secondly if people cottoned onto that fact, that is a point you need to take up with PUMA and not the women of Barnsley?? Why are women being ripped off? I'm stunned that a Commercial Manager would think that CUSTOMERS would prefer to pay £8 more for essentially the same shirt.

And then..
    This is what is available for a female fan of any size to buy http://www.barnsleyfcdirect.co.uk/ladies-leisure/ladies-leisure NOTHING

So let's say we go for a Mens shirt 2 options (assuming you're ok with a Men's medium) - Training shirt Veloce in Red or Training Shirt Veloce in Red with collar. If you don't like/ want that design that is it. Stuffed. No replica shirts, nothing.There is absolutely nothing else.

BTW Thanks Gally, good update, as usual.

15. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sounds like a bit of a diplomat does are Linton

16. Gally

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Not sure about her age, I'm sure she's much younger looking than that! (Hi Beth!) but she is very good at getting stuff sorted.

17. sus

susietyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks Gally, interesting to hear what's going on. I didn't know that there was such a problem in that top corner of the ponty.

I still take issue on the gate response on the Northampton game and it would be good if they acknowledged it was a **** up. I don't accept the explanation about people joining one queue - I walked round to where i normally go in and all available gates had queues. There just weren't enough gates open for cash sales.

And I'm sat in my XL boys shirt still waiting for a response to my email about the Northampton game!! :)

18. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got to agree with you Fired. I picked up a ladies shirt (I was quite excited that one existed!) and saw that it was basically identical to a junior's shirt. In fact I thought it looked smaller that the largest Junior size. The second issue, and the reason that I personally didn't buy one, is that there is no changing room. I'm aware that there isn't room for one and so I'm not complaining about the fact or suggesting they should get one, just pointing out that it affected my decision to the point where I didn't buy one. (Either the Ladies' or Junior's.) I'd love some nice training tops but as you say, there's nothing available and of course nowhere to try them on anyway.

Did Linton mention how many ladies' tops didn't sell in the end or did they all sell out and so women also bought Junior sizes too?

19. Frans

Frans Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "Firstly, you have to ask yourselves, why are womens shirts priced £8 more than a same sized kids shirt"

There's no VAT on kids clothes

20. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm probably wrong but isn't it the law that a shirt advertised as a child's is exempt from tax while a shirt advertised as an adult's is taxable and that's why they cost more? I'm sure there is something which specifically references football shirts as an example and it's why they actually advertise them as children's and then adults.