Russian fans ........ my two penn'orth

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Andy Mac, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Without doubt the nastiest set of supporters I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. Russians are getting a reputation of being poor holiday companions too; they really are obnoxious as a group (sweeping generalisation I know)

Euro 2004 in Portugal - we had a lovely family fortnight at our favourite Algarve resort. The occasional sprinkling of Greek fans - pleasant enough, a few Spaniards - good fun but not well loved by the locals and a few large groups of Brits. One group in particular looked "stereotypical" - all tattooed, most skinheads, and straight on the beer after a full English. However, any worries about them were allayed on day one when they complied with every request to pipe down, watch their language etc ...... they almost become a well trusted set of child minders as they spent most of the days playing footie with the many kids. It was good fun, it was relaxed and the Portuguese we had grown to love over the years really made an effort with the match coverage and attempts to make every game a carnival. On the night of Englands match against France, we walked up to the complex with my kids faces painted with flags, kits on etc and generally had a fantastic night (despite the result). Good times - the 3 yo daughter savouring the atmosphere, the 5 year old lad joining in the banter, having a laugh with the locals and generally getting into footie big time. Perfect.

Then the Russians turned up. There were a few mumblings of discontent about their attitude, language and behaviour but we hadn't taken too much notice. Then on our way to the water park, we came across a group in the exit to the complex waiting for the coach to Faro where their group games were. Things looked good - kids straight into banter mode - Amber looking at the flags and colours and listening to the whistles and chants; Tom wishing them luck and hoping for a high-5 or too. The fist on my window was the first sign things weren't as festive as we thought. Then the attempts to grope the wife (big style) and the "fck off little English boy" taunts to the now distraught Tom made me feel we needed to get out of there.We managed to get the wifes window up and fortunately Ambers. The hard part was trying to protect Tom whilst at the same time trying to save the car keys and mind the attempts to flip the car on its side. Innocent festive joy turned to outright fear in seconds. They were *******s, and I don't believe it was an isolated incident.

And 8 years later it seems nothing has changed.

Just thought I'd share that.

2. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think Russians are the biggest set of ignorant arrogant miserable faced barstewards waking this planet. They have no manners on holiday, they never smile (unless there looking at there butch hairy tashed faced farl birds) they don't que up like we English do, they don't hold doors open no **** all.

And then they attack 4 defenceless stewards!

All round tosspot's.

Just thought I'd share my opinions

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you never met zee germans?

saying that dont think ive ever met any russians on holiday

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the nouveau riche for you.

5. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    goa is now full of russians during the holiday season,,,the goans hate them...they really are pig ignorant lousy t wats.....and they've all got cameras with great big **** off lenses like they have at football matches...............

6. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's all start a campaign when we go on our hols 'dunk a Russian till there blue in face' sounds belting fun and 1 way of getting shut of the miserable gets!

7. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have they had cracking fake tits

8. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have had similar experience of Russians on holiday. We went to Tunisia a couple of years ago and we were full board at the hotel. The dining room you just waited for a waiter to seat you at a table and then went to use the buffet. Once day we were having lunch in an almost deserted dining room, sat next to the window. Plenty other tables near the window as well. We were halfway through lunch when 2 Russian woman in their late 20's/early 30's came with plates of food to our table and said that we were sat at their table. Well given how long we'd been sat there I knew we hadn't taken a table in use and I politely said that the waiter had showed us to that table. At which one of them sat down at the table and started to eat, and said, "you have to move, this is our table", I again keeping calm said "No, we are sat here, the waiter showed us here and there are plenty of other tables for you to sit at". I spoke with the head waiter about it and he said they don't do that, there were no reserved tables but I think they try to get the same people every day so they can get a nice tip at the end of the week. She was refusing to move saying that at the beginning of the week a waiter had showed them to that table and said it was their table for the week. Eventually they moved saying that WE were rude because we didn't move!
    After they'd gone an older bloke came up to us and said "these Russians, new money!" We got talking to him and his wife, they were Danish and had a number of encounters on holiday with Russians. Good thing came from it though as we became good friends with the Danish couple.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  9. WorsbroughRed

WorsbroughRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sound like a set of cnuts. I can't stand em after what i've seen them doing in this tournament.

It's not our fault their country is *****.

10. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do know it was the polish who attacked the Russian fans, don't you?

11. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Avoid Egypt then!

Its their "magaluf" - a cheap package holiday place they all like to visit for 3 weeks a year.

We had a few in cuba last year too - and just the same.

Rude, nasty, no manners, and think they own the place. We were sat in the Japanese restaurant where everyone sits around the chef and they were at it mouthing off at people and taklking about em in russian.

One on our complex in cuba was acting the idiot - running around and dancing like an electrocuted muppet (he was 55+ going on 12 i think) and then decided to run onto the stage. He ran up and down the stage a couple of times doing this stupid dance and then it was like a scene out of Phoenix Nights when Gerry dove of the stage - "somebody catch me". There was this big scream fro him and then he jumped off the stage (about 5 foot up). Anyway we lost sight of him cos it was lower down but we just heard everyone around the stage gasp and look on in shock.

He'd gone splat big time but managed to scrape himself up and make it to his family that were sat next to us - trying not to look hurt. Within minutes he was on all fours, covered in sweat and in agony. Put his back right out. They ended up wheeling him away in the ambulance and we didn't see him the rest of the 2 weeks - just his family taking food to his room.

Not pleasant people - but how i laughed at that event! Served him right for been a tit.

12. kanecat

kanecat Banned Idiot

Home Page:
    Re: Avoid Egypt then!

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but they all seem to wear gaudy clothing and ridiculous amounts of jewellery. Some of the men looked like 1980's Cockneys with tacky thick gold chains and bracelets, very cringeworthy. They also seem to like baking themselves to a crisp in the sun.

13. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watch the footage, they weren't innocent victims - they went looking for a fight. They really are obnoxious as a race. Stayed at an all-inclusive in Sharm-el-Sheik, they were pissed from morning till night but worse than that they treat everyone with utter contempt. Banging their beer glasses on the counter and demanding "Beer" then growling at the barmen and waiters, no need for it. No-one who has met them in numbers has a good word for them. The Egyptians can't stand the f*ckers either.

14. WorsbroughRed

WorsbroughRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all pretty much the same anyway

15. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Waiting for Merde to see this thread to add the other side of the discussion :)

16. Luke

Luke Ambassador to Korea

Teacher
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Add Vietnam to the list.

I was there in February and there's a load of them that ship in for a few weeks. Big chains, mullets and speedos. Rude, ignorant and generally scowling at everyone and everything.

I went to a water park and they ignored the lines - despite them being small as it was off-season - and just went right ahead. Ignored requests to only use the inflatables in certain pools, and ignored multi-lingual signs asking that people tidy up after themselves after eating.

Also, I saw them banging on the table to get drinks and abusing waiters that didn't serve them immediately.

That said, the Germans I met were lovely.

17. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Avoid Egypt then!

Oh god - ive got a photo of one that was at those certificate giving events from the days events round the pool etc.. and he was out for the night dressed in a black muscle vest, fluorescent pink shorts, black socks up to the knee and black shoes! Never seen owt like it.

Got a pic on my phone - i'll have to upload it for a laugh!

18. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope he generally agrees about em!

19. barry

barry Well-Known Member

finance
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    me and the other half booked for bodrum turkey last year and we booked with that company that went bust, cut a long story short our only option was to stay in another part of turkey in a german/russian hotel only, werent impressed but we went there as had no choice, however the germans in the hotel were spot on once they realised we were the only english in hotel always said hello and spoke to us in english, the russian where a ****ing nightmare, pushing in in the que, banging tables for drinks, going to bar demanding 10 drinks (were only allowed 2 drinks at a time as it was all inclusive) going for evening meal was a nightmare as well, pushing in the ques and they were just filling there plates up to top to get the best food then leaving it, also round pool leaving pint glasses all over, smashing them, throwing glass in pool - list goes on . there was ****ing horrible

20. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Bumping a 4 year old thread.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk