Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband - Page 4
Close

  • Angry
  • Awesome
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Results 91 to 99 of 99
    1. #91
      Senior Member
      is A Football Addict
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      arabian_ian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Broughty Ferry
      Posts
      4,504


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by threadstopper View Post
      What's 1% among unionists?

      I am indeed dumb for not remembering to the finite exact percentage. I appreciate that these things matter to the nationalist.

      However, if all goes to plan I'll be feeling a bit better!

      I remember you having a feeling that the independence vote would go your way. So forgive me the effect of your most recent runes

      I voted btw. But not Tory.
      Yes I did hope we would win the referendum but we didn't. So the battle goes on.

      Hope you don't mind me asking,
      what exactly is going to happen if all goes to plan? I am very interested to hear what it is.

    2. #92
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      2,756


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      You more than hoped you'd win. You thought you would. In true Ally McLeod fashion.

      Anyway...we've had "plans" stuffed down our throat over the past few weeks. But my plan involves something that you will very much like, even if Ziggy Stardust doesn't.

      The plan has you lot being independent. Floating off into your own socialist utopia. It must now happen. Please.

      Whether you will end up with a better general standard of living will be up to you. I wish you luck, cos it will now eventually happen.

      Typically Scottish

      Hopefully not typically wrong.

      Why should the English mourn separation? Because romantically we liked a united kingdom. England will probably be better off alone long term.

      Time now to say goodbye. Not least because we'll have loads of separatists in Westminster blowing powerless hot air to anyone who'll stick it on our tellies. Till we're weary of it. England has had enough of it all already.

      And Caol Ila 12 years will still always be the best drink in the whole world

    3. #93
      Senior Member
      is A Football Addict
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      arabian_ian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Broughty Ferry
      Posts
      4,504


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by threadstopper View Post
      You more than hoped you'd win. You thought you would. In true Ally McLeod fashion.

      Anyway...we've had "plans" stuffed down our throat over the past few weeks. But my plan involves something that you will very much like, even if Ziggy Stardust doesn't.

      The plan has you lot being independent. Floating off into your own socialist utopia. It must now happen. Please.

      Whether you will end up with a better general standard of living will be up to you. I wish you luck, cos it will now eventually happen.

      Typically Scottish

      Hopefully not typically wrong.

      Why should the English mourn separation? Because romantically we liked a united kingdom. England will probably be better off alone long term.

      Time now to say goodbye. Not least because we'll have loads of separatists in Westminster blowing powerless hot air to anyone who'll stick it on our tellies. Till we're weary of it. England has had enough of it all already.

      And Caol Ila 12 years will still always be the best drink in the whole world
      Cheers I'll drink to that.

      Oh and don't forget your passport next time you visit.

    4. #94
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      2,756


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      There is no place finer than Islay - indeed anywhere up the west coast - was there again last August.

      If the sun shone once or twice then you'd be flooded by the English. Wanting to live there. Like Spain.

      So happily suffer your climate

    5. #95
      Senior Member
      is A Football Addict
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      arabian_ian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Broughty Ferry
      Posts
      4,504


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by threadstopper View Post

      If the sun shone once or twice then you'd be flooded by the English. Wanting to live there.
      Well for once there is something to be thankful for with our bad weather.




      That was a joke BTW, before you get on your high horse. So glad you enjoyed your visit to Islay. That is somewhere I have not been.

    6. #96
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      2,756


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Forums are for exchanging opinions eh?

      I know you aren't one of those who takes it personally

      Up the Scots! (you can decide where)

    7. Likes arabian_ian liked this post
    8. #97
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Brampton by the Sea
      Posts
      1,816


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by arabian_ian View Post
      See where you are coming from mate. But to me your mate sounds a bit bitter over Scots voting for a Scottish party and maybe totally ignoring the fact that the English turned their back on Labour.
      The English didn't turn their back on Labour. Overall Labour increased their vote by 1.5% and won 20+ extra seats in England (mostly in London). Its just that they lost 40-odd in Scotland and loads of Liberal seats went to the Tories.

    9. #98
      Senior Member
      is A Football Addict
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      arabian_ian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Location
      Broughty Ferry
      Posts
      4,504


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
      The English didn't turn their back on Labour. Overall Labour increased their vote by 1.5% and won 20+ extra seats in England (mostly in London). Its just that they lost 40-odd in Scotland and loads of Liberal seats went to the Tories.
      Sorry to disagree with your figures.

      But even if the 56 SNP seats went to Labour the result would have been Tory 331 Labour 298. So TBH it wasn't the Scots to blame was it?

    10. #99
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Brampton by the Sea
      Posts
      1,816


      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Re: Reasons not to vote for Ed Miliband

      Quote Originally Posted by arabian_ian View Post
      Sorry to disagree with your figures.

      But even if the 56 SNP seats went to Labour the result would have been Tory 331 Labour 298. So TBH it wasn't the Scots to blame was it?
      Figures are directly from the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

      I never said that the Scots were to blame, just that the Labour vote actually increased over the previous election. If you look at those figures, a 3.1% increase in SNP votes gained them 50 seats. It wouldn't take that much for them to swing back next time. Again, I'm not saying they will, but the SNP are effectively powerless to stop Tory actions in Scotland - no matter how unpopular.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •