well i support dr z and i still want johnson out...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by mrdetox, Jan 17, 2016.

1. mrd

mrdetox New Member

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion and facts are Johnson is lucky to be still employed before the last few results. I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner, let's see if we can beat a decent team in this crappy league.

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK I'll throw my hat into the ring. I too think LJ is a bang average 'head coach' and we'll be revisiting the subject of him being sacked before too long however I don't think he will be sacked this season so I'll support him while he's here.

I support Dr Z too. And thereev.

3. mrd

mrdetox New Member

I agree

4. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And I'll add. I think Thereev is a below average poster, unfunny and irritating. I say sack him as we will be back in the annoying mode before too long. A more experienced internet comedy sensation would do better. As for LJ, has he gone yet?

5. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it would be churlish to comment on the situation re Johnno after 3-0 away victory, but I'm fully in support of Dr Z and thereev. Season ticket holders and true reds.

6. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I support neither. Therefore I'm a pappy clapper

7. Whi

Whitey Guest

I support my legs because they support me.

8. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    ts a good job with that head of yours ! :)

9. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sacking him now makes no sense. I could see the arguments for it (not that I agreed) before our upturn in form, but now we seem to have turned the corner there's not much sense getting rid of him. We're not going to go down or up this season, and a new manager won't change that. Even if you don't think he's the right man for the job right now we lose nothing by giving him until the end of the season to prove that he's learned from his mistakes and is the man to take us forward.

Sacking him now would be beyond bizarre.

10. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm prepared to support DrZ in posting his opinions, that's not to say I agree, but they are well written and I think honestly held,
    the only issue I have had is the repetiton.. which the good Dr. has already acknowledged...let's leave it there.

As for me, I've never called for Johnson out..not because I think he's a good manager, the jury is still out for me, but at least things have picked up, but I was prepared to give him more time because he's the young manager of the youngest team in football and the pretty old fashioned idea that he seems a nice bloke and I'm an old softie who doesn't want to see anyone lose his job.
    From a more hard nosed point of view I've never felt we were as bad as many have suggested, but I think LJ's tactics certainly as far as Winnall is concerned, have wasted a half season and resulted in us being at the wrong end of the table when we have the playing staff (generally) to be much higher up, the proviso for me is that he must show he can learn from his mistakes. The board have backed him with two talented players in White and Hammill, let's see where things go from here.
    I would imagine the knives will be out again at the next defeat..but let's hope it's constructive criticism rather than some of the stuff that was verging on hysteria.
    I know we all love it, but at the end of the day it's no more than a game of football.

11. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Double post...apologise for the embarrassing repetition.