oh dear sheff u fans think we should scrap the playoff system! haha

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Redstone, May 20, 2016.

1. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
  2. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What they don't realise is the playoffs gave an extra promotion place.

Prior to them, only the top 2 teams were promoted (3 from Div 4).

So finishing third meant you stayed down.

3. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Not quite right. Three going up was introduced prior to the playoffs

4. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    poor sods must be awful for them us and the other half of sheff off to wembley!!!

5. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's me age! Starting to forget things:).

Cheers for that.

6. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those incestuous cnuts are still bleating about some supposed fix-up between us and Wigan. 'Sneaked into the playoffs', apparently. I could have sworn we were there for the last 3 games of the season; more shame them for not having enough about them to dislodge us. Too busy impregnating their own kids to pay any attention to the league table, I guess. Dirty inbred *******s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I know the feeling. I can remember stuff from the 70s and 80s but can't remember what I did yesterday ! Now where did I put mi glasses ? ;):eek:

8. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    They do have a few sensible fans even if the majority are thick as pigsh*t
    Hard to believe this is on a blunts forum but it explains it perfectly

"I don't think you get it. I can understand why.

The league only promotes two teams (three in League Two). It then offers the chance of promotion to one of the four teams finishing in the next four places in a new competition called... the play offs. Where you finish is irrelevant, you only get to enter if you are one of those four.

Once you can get your head around that it becomes clearer. Continually linking it to finishing 3rd, 4th etc is just ********. It is a separate competition like entry places for the Europa League. It took me some time, because if you are old enough you remember the old system and think like that. You shouldn't. Think top two = promotion, 3,4,5 and 6 = entry to a knock out cup competition where winners get promoted. Simples. [​IMG] Finishing 3rd, 4th , 5th, 6th = not good enough to finish in the auto promotion places.

#13 BladeFisher, <a href="http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/scrap-the-play-offs-please.46814/#post-1011440" title="Permalink" class="datePermalink"> <abbr title="May 20, 2016 at 1:06 AM" class="DateTime" data-time="1463702801" data-diff="26137" data-datestring="May 20, 2016" data-timestring="1:06 AM">Today at 1:06 AM"</abbr>

PS Its easy to see why the blunts want them scrapping They have been in the playoffs 8 times and failed every single attempt :D:D:D.

9. Harry Hough

Harry Hough Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A quote from their thread:

"Make it that lower team HAS to beat the higher team. No extra time or penalties, lower side has to go and beat the higher side away from home or at Wembley"

Just like we did with Wallsall ;-)

10. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loads of Wednesday fans seem pleased for us, but I haven't seen a single Blunt so far!

11. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://twitter.com/football_league/status/733576599321219072

Saw one wishing us good luck on Twitter earlier.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/football_league">@football_league</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/bfc_official">@bfc_official</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeague1">@SkyBetLeague1</a> That's all us fans want good luck to them but would rather be going to oakwell then the den</p>&mdash; S5 BLADE (@S5BLADE) <a href="https://twitter.com/S5BLADE/status/733577549268193280">May 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="733576599321219072" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget>
    <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

12. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    can you imagine games set up like that would be awful to watch. Only change i would make is semi final 1 game the higher placed team at home.

13. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I kind of agree with the sentiment.

After extra time in the second leg the higher finishing team should get 0.5 goals awarded rather than going to pens.

I don't think anyone would have any real problems with that......

Except Sheff Utd fans if they finished 6th and drew in the plays offs.

14. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They really are pathetic, imagine if the play-offs were scrapped and they finished sixth, they'd be moaning that the play-offs never existed

15. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Weren't they going to boast their own play off chances whilst ending ours....by beating us in a game that still wouldn't have put them above us!? Which they didn't anyway!

16. Whi

Whitey Guest

17. dingdangblue

dingdangblue Member

Yes , I thought exactly the same , they had the opportunity to beat you in the run in and they couldn't - ultimately that extra point for you could mean you get promoted! Well done by the way - I thought last night would be tricky for you but you pissed it! Very classy performance and Millwall (or unlikely Bradford) have got a hell of a game to stop you - unbelievable how you've changed as a team from the start of the season.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

Rochdale remain the only team to kick our arse this season. Granted, we spanked yours afterwards, but still. :D

19. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Amazes me how they can claim something dodgy happened at Wigan when they let Scunny turn em over with ease. The fact we've just smashed Walsall in 2 games also point to the fact that we are ****ing untouchable.

20. Red

Redsnut Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One of my favourite entertainers the Rochdale cowboy whatever happened to him.