Groupon City breaks

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Kev b, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Kev b

Kev b Well-Known Member

Operation Manager
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi,

Has anyone ever booked a city break off of Groupon, it's my partners Birthday this weekend and have seen some good offers on Groupon - Barcalona, flights and 2 nights for £105 ?

Just wondering if its safe to book with /?

2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perfectly fine have been on a few- only thing puts me off now is the regimented dates it offers. I will say skyscanner and expedia tend to have really good offers too. What me and the mrs usually do is go on skyscanner and put preferred departure airport ie "manchester" and put to "everywhere" it tells you the price of flights anywhere available on those dates and we pick the cheapest/ most interesting. Been to Oslo, Copenhagen, Berlin, Lisbon, Stuttgart in the last couple of years that way.

3. Kev b

Kev b Well-Known Member

Operation Manager
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for the feed back, certainly will be looking into booking now

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the only drawback is that the fates are very specific, as I've been tied to school holidays they've never covered times I can go. I think they are all above board otherwise though, I'd just expect no frills airline/hotel etc.

5. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I know loads of people who have used them and got what they paid for.

The only time we've ever used it, we booked a weekend to Iceland. Got a cracking deal. Phoned them up to book it, went through all the booking process bearing in mind that you pay for it before its actually booked. They had the dates we wanted and everything. The only issue was that my missus wanted to make sure that she could have the time off work. The chap on the phone said he would hold our reservation until 5 o clock to give us the chance to check.

Called back at 3, and the flight we wanted was full. The only way they said we could get around it was to pay for an extra day and fly home on the Monday instead which was of no use to us.

Ended up having to "apply" for a refund, which we thankfully got.

I have no doubt that 99.99% of the time, it works perfectly. I think we were the unlucky 0.01% that didn't. I suppose we should have booked the days off work first.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk