Lee Johnson press conference for Saturday quotes

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by twillo, Oct 27, 2016.

1. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    LJ: "I think it will be a hostile day for me on Saturday. But it's about the players going out and performing, not about me." #BARvBRC

LJ: "I know pretty much every player on the pitch personally. They've recruited well." #BARvBRC

LJ: "They have dangerous players who have done well in the Championship." #BARvBRC

LJ: "Paul Heckingbottom is a good guy and a good coach." #BARvBRC

LJ: "It was up and down while I was there. It was a good personal experience for me." #BARvBRC

LJ: "To go through the spell we went through and come out the other side to reach Wembley, it was an experience." #BARvBRC

LJ: "I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I'll see plenty of good friends on Saturday." #BARvBRC

LJ: "I was honest. Bristol City is my club; wherever I would have been, I would have come back. I think people understand that." #BARvBRC

LJ: "The owner stood by me when, potentially, he didn't have to. I left them in a better place than they were." #BARvBRC

2. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think the biggest message Barnsley fans could send on Saturday is absolute silence as he comes out.

Treat him as an absolute irrelevance. I think such an action will irritate an individual much more than abuse or singing aimed at him and wouldn't motivate the opponent to do better.

Motivate our players, not the opposition.

Lee Johnson.... Meh.

3. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest, that's how I see him anyway, he's just another one to add to the list that's part of our history, I'm more than happy with the position we are in at this moment in time.

5. mapp tyke

mapp tyke Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Glad he went, more than happy we hecky. I think the most important thing he did was help hourihane to play in a 2 in midfields. But he's still a moron, me me me. Let's get behind the lads, ignore the dwarf .

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Still like him, still think he's an excellent coach, don't care if I'm in a minority of about one on that, but hope we stuff 'em on Saturday.

Think Winnall is finding his feet in this division now. He hasn't played that well so far but he has 4 goals from 10 starts (only lasted 4 minutes in one of those) in a division he's never played in before. I reckon Hecky's persistence in playing him to get him match sharp will pay dividends as he's still our most potent striker. 3-1 Barnsley, two for Winnall.

7. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not arsed about LJ. Proper arsed about Hecky though.

Up the Reds.

8. tyk

tykesfan Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree. We'd be better off singing about Hecky and the team rather than acknowledging him.

9. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are two of us Jay. I liked the way he spoke, the way he explained his thinking. I agree with him when he says he left the club in a better place. I doubt where it was just him, and Mr Cryne deserves credit as well for halting the sacking mentality that had gripped the club and which eventually culminated in the sacking of arguably our most successful manager. That period, and the things that were learned as we rode out the storm took us to a place where a more logical structure could be allowed to develop. I know that my Minority Reports are seen by some as criticism, but they are in no way intended to undermine the current structure. They should be seen only as a comment upon what I have seen and a point from which an interesting debate might begin.

10. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I liked him. Still do.

11. barrywhitesbarmyarmy

barrywhitesbarmyarmy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not entirely sure what he ever did wrong?

He may be extremely short however he was honest, open and fully professional about his move to Bristol imo.

12. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure why anyone would harbour any resentment. He spoke well and was personable ( even if he did speak like Joe Pasquale) I think he made a lot of mistakes with us but as a young coach that's unsurprising. He certainly helped improve Conor. At the same time some of the football produced under him redefined the word soporific.

13. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The reason I don't have any negative feelings towards him is that it wasn't just him that made mistakes early on. When those mistakes were rectified (both in the boardroom & on the pitch) we flew. We wouldn't be here without him.

14. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Decent bloke, potential to be a decent manager. Can't fault him for taking that job on, a club he had history with. The only person who had any real right to be angry was Patrick, considering he'd shown Lee real loyalty, and it wasn't reciprocated. But I don't think Patrick was angry about it in the end. And why any of us would feel anger or resentment, I'll never know. Bad run, then a good run which included reaching a cup final at Wembley and then Hecky took over and has us 12th in the Championship, one of our own. Why grumble?

And anyway, the Bristol end seem more into this than we do. To Hecky, it's just another game.

15. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree, I don't think you can look at where we've come from without seeing that period as crucial

16. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Fair enough - and Hecky would say the same about Barnsley.
    LJ is where he wants to be - I'd rather he was - we did OK after he left. I dont hold any grudges, but would far rather the fans directed their chants as positive ones to Hecky and the team than chants knocking LJ - not sure how that can do anyone any good, though it might encourage our opponents

17. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This^^^^^

18. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I never disliked him and thought that he could have turned it around. He started the process of turning it around. His recruitment was good. He set a template for the future and he did help turn Conor into a proper footballer. I'm glad he left however because I think Hecky is a better manager. As whitey has said........Lee who?

19. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is a big reason why he's regarded by many as a poor manager. It didn't help that he stubbornly stuck with something that clearly wasn't working. It got to the point where he appeared to be the only person in Oakwell who still had any faith in his plan.

Personally I'm glad he's gone but I won't be booing him on Saturday.

20. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My overriding memory is just the sheer boredom of watching his teams.