Some good, some bad

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was really pleased with how the team battled yesterday especially in the first half. I thought we were really good. had great energy and really should have gone in two up. We were at it. The ref had a shocker. I can't understand how he was seeing things. Neil got away with a lot of things yesterday. In a way it's awful to see but if you're a Bristol fan you re left smileing. It's something we don't have in our team. A lot of teams have that. Parker did it a few week ago now. Joey Barton might be avadible in January, now people might not like him it's something he does better than most.

Second half we just didn't do ourselves any favours. Playing another player into trouble with poor passing. Leaving the midfield wide open without that disciplined player just to keep it tight. Spot the danger, reconise it and see it out. We've had problems with this since the opener at Portman road. Need to learn quickly because we could be looking pretty good in the league table if we did. The one game this happened and we kept it tightish was at Preston were we should have gone behind but we didn't and we have that magic from AA and it was game over after that.

I thought we stopped trying to make it hard for them to play. Winnall got around their deep midfielder in the first half. In the second that didn't happen. I put before that to me he lets things get to him and maybe that happened. Inturn he stops talking and demanding from the team and it goes downhill. I was amazed they didn't take him off yesterday and took Watkins off. Then went to a 433 for a small amout of time with armstrong wide, hammill central and winnall upfront.

At the back. Another good day for Davies and Bree. Two who are destined for bigger and better in the future. Loving seeing bree again. You can see he's getting more confident again. Strong in defence but different class on the front foot. I'm amazed how good he runs with the ball. It doesn't seem to slow him down.

Armstrong was really good all game really. He's a real danger in behind with that one thing that gives defenders nightmares, pace. unbelievable pace.

Now more negatives.

For me the centre backs. Now I thought Jackson played pretty well but whats he doing for the pen.
    McDonald, you're 6'3/4 why were you getting beat so often in the air. Getting caught under the ball. Now he's a decent player Wilbraham but he's done you again and again.

To finish off, what would have happened with Hourihane and Roberts in the team? I think if he had that first half with those two, we win it. Hourihane could have got himself sent off maybe but one of there players would certainly have gone. Roberts doesn't get done in the air like that. He stays strong and wins the ball.

Move onto next week, a big game I think for Barnsley. Burton played a 343 against Burton with O'grady and Akins wide.

2. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did Burton win? Or did Burton win?

3. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That comment more about Burtons last home game against Birmingham on tv.

They've lost 1 in 5 at home which was against Brighton. 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Beat Birmingham, Cardiff and Derby at home. Two of those on tv and they played really well.

4. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wow, you've really excelled yourself there.

Picking out a player who didn't even play, and suggesting he might have got sent off in the game. Just priceless. And then suggesting we sign a player who actually does make a habit of getting sent off. Brilliant. Do you work for the Daily Mash?

And of course you managed to find fault with Winnall who was excellent.

Tell you what, next week do us all a favour, and don't bother with your match reports. I'll do it for you.

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No mention of Andy Yiadom then, who I thought looked a class act yesterday.

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was pointing a positive about Hourihane. I like it that sometimes he can get into battles with players. Peterborough last season, Reading this to name two that he could have got sent off in. He didn't and oppo did. If it doesn't affect personal game after it's brilliant. Every good team will have one or more that does it.

I'm not sure why you keep attacking my posts like you do.

7. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Getting sent off is not an attribute.

Attacking your posts? I have ignored your utter nonsense for weeks.

I'm not sure why you constantly attack Sam Winnall
    I'm not sure why every time I read your match posts I have to read your endless pops at our own players.

Like I say, don't bother next week. We all know what is coming. We know your opinions, you air the same thing week, after week.
    It will just be Winnall's weaknesses, Bree is the best thing I've ever seen, and I saw him first, and Conor is Ok but he did this wrong.

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you going to Burton next week?

9. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lol, yes I am!

Straight from my daughter's game Vs Sheffield United in the morning, where I'll be standing in for the Manager.

10. springvale red

springvale red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Kin hell, praise for Roberts

11. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are entitled to your opinions like anyone else but when you post stuff like this you make yourself look a complete and utter tosspot.

I'm going to Burton btw. I went to Brentford too.

12. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What does that matter about yesterday's game? I'm confused.

Although I can predict who played well and who played badly in your eyes already!!

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Joey Barton; are you being serious?

14. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Proof we've all fallen for his joke? Surely nobody in their right mind, or even semi right mind, would suggest Barton as a signing!

15. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We've probably already gone for a Burton with your opinions.

"BIGGER and BETTER" my arghhs

16. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seems like people just want to attack hemsworth's post regardless of what he's actually written now. Can't see anything contentious about what he's posted and he's actually praised conor and Roberts. Something which he has previously received criticism for not doing.

Sent from my Kestrel using Tapatalk

17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Even if Joey Barton is 'avadible' I don't think he's available to a club which I've been told doesn't have anyone on more than £8k a week seen as he's allegedly on £20k a week at Rangers.

Also bare in mind that our biggest asset is our team spirit so do you really want to bring in a player who's caused trouble everywhere he's been except Burnley on twice the wage of anyone else? Is that what we really need?

18. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People just want to get at me. I could have guaranteed one of about four or five people would have been first to post and popped at me.

Its also what people do at Barton. Doesn't matter what he says or does people will just criticise them. It's just what happens. I posted about what I posted. I post what I see. Maybe I don't put things over in the best way. Maybe I didn't put about hourihane in a bad way although reading it back I'm not sure why once again fireds gone in at me.

19. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fired has started using the Royal "we" when he trawls your post to find summat to be nasty about.

Which means he thinks he can talk for all of us. Although he can't.

So don't worry Hemsie - keep posting as you see it.

20. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    To be fair Fi this is one of his more balanced reports I think. I don't post much more cos of his dross but I can't fault him too much on this occasion.

Sent via Royal Mail and typed up by my Tapatalk byatch