The Immigration Debate Is The Most Pointless Of All

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Conan Troutman, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Examples of two conversations to sum it up:-

Person A: "Do you think immigration is the bestest thing ever and all migrants are innocent victims who should all be allowed into Europe and given free stuff forever and ever, and if they are convicted criminals their records should be wiped?"
    Person B: "Ermmmmm......"
    Person A: "You racist *******. You want all foreigners to die. You want Syrian children to drown in the Med, Adolf"

Person C: " Do you hate migrants as much as me? We shouldn't allow a single one in the country. In fact, we should kill them all while they're still in their homeland to be on the safe side. What do you think?
    Person D: "Ermmmmmmm......."
    Person C: "You looney lefty. You wish you were a migrant. You prefer them to your own race, Abdul"

Absolute waste of time.

2. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sounds like any discussion on here.

Person E - I have a viewpoint on a topic.
    Person F - I have a slightly different viewpoint - and would offer a counterpoint to your view in the spirit of light hearted debate to enhance our mutual understanding of the topic.
    Person E - **** off out of Barnsley you Tory Commie Racist Terrorist Traitor to your class.

Edit - whilst I'm at it you're completely wrong and should never return to Barnsley - you Tory Commie Racist Mysoginistic Traitor to your class.

3. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree. The referendum debate, the us election- both have shown that politics is in crisis. People are more polarised by their experiencing the world through exploiting media in my opinion, living in social media bubbles of like-minded friends. If you watch Adam Curtis's latest film Hypernormalisation on iPlayer, he talks about the way our news feeds online work to algorithms of our on-line browsing like the adverts we're given so we only see the news/ opinions news content that we want to see. Depressing times.

Having said that, there a few people who you can have a decent debate with here, albeit with noone changing their mind. Tekkytyke for one I rarely agree with, but can argue over things in a useful challenging way