Barnsley Player

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by andytyke, Nov 3, 2016.

1. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just tried to login on laptop and it says my subscripion has ended and needs to be renewed.

I pay monthly so shouldnt need to renew and it works perfect on my phone

Anyone else had / having this issue

2. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same, club said on twitter it's a national problem with the EFL and that its out of their hands

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would never have known about this if it wasn't on this thread. I logged into Player just not to check and all looked normal until I tried to watch a video (which I had annoyingly been saving until today as I have spare time to watch it).

It would be good if the club put something up on Player so that people know what is happening and don't try and renew or get confused.

4. YTB

YTBFC Guest

It's a nationwide issue with the service provider. They are trying to fix the issue.

In the meantime, both of our press conference videos will be uploaded to YouTube.

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

How can we upload something to Player, if Player is down??

We have made it known all morning that the Player service is down, we've done this through twitter and facebook and have uploaded both press conference videos to YouTube. I'm not sure we could have done anything beyond that, sorry.

6. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought it was just down from our (subscribers) end? As I say, I hadn't seen anything (I've just got in from work and not bothered with facebook/twitter yet) so I didn't know the whole thing was down. The 'put something on Player' suggestion was just as my dad for example doesn't have a twitter or facebook account and will probably have a bit of a panic when it says his subscription has expired. I wasn't getting on at the club but I'm guessing you've read it that way.

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just flicked back over to Player, something was added 38mins ago and 2 other videos earlier this morning. How did you upload those (unless the time stamps are wrong?)

8. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Player isn't down and you can obviously upload videos to it has I have watched them via player on my iPhone. My only issue is with watching on the laptop

9. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not working for me either.

Just clicked on an interview to watch and I get the message that I need to be a subscriber, which I am.

10. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Sorry. Player is down for many viewers on certain devices. It's not down for us in terms of uploading content. Even we are able to login, but can't play videos.

So anything we upload is not available for every subscriber. Hence using YouTube too in the interim.

But you suggested uploading something to Player that explained the issues with Player. Which didn't make sense. Unless you meant upload an article to the website? We did that, this afternoon.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/ar...yer-hd-service-currently-offline-3397364.aspx

Thanks for people's patience.

11. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm breaking out in a cold sweat of withdrawal, shakes n'all. Dog won't come near me, need a fix fast...
    That Whitey wants sacking...:nails:

12. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It does if you think outside the box ;) I'm not sure what other people see when they log in but personally (using a laptop/desktop) I can log in and see all content but not play it. I was thinking of something along the lines of a video (that's not really a video as people can't click it, just one screen that lasts for however long - the length doesn't really matter as it can't be clicked so only the first bit will show) which just displays a screen that explains the issues.

I've zoomed out (so I can fit it in one image) and print screened what I see when I log in.

Player.jpg

If you uploaded a new video (which isn't really a video) it would come up as the big main image at the top which people could read even though they can't click. :)

13. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    **** me. This thread sums up the term "First World problems".

14. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all relative, mate. I'm going feral 'ere... ;)

15. YTB

YTBFC Guest

We have made fans aware on facebook and twitter and on the official website. But thanks for the tip.

16. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No problem. As I say, people like my dad who doesn't like buying things online at the best of times will not know what the chuff to do and might have a bit of a panic as he'll think it relates to his subscription and maybe his bank card being dodgy or something. He doesn't do facebook, twitter or this board etc. Hopefully he'd think on to check the Official Site but rather than relying on people thinking to look in alternative places, putting something on the actual page would be helpful and will be seen by 100% of the people who have the problem.

17. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    :D

18. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I think most people will check the site, twitter, facebook or even (as we've experienced a few times) call the Club to ask about the problem.

Perhaps you could get in touch with your dad to explain the issue?

19. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [video=youtube;tESH1Yxxdj0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tESH1Yxxdj0[/video]

20. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've tried, no-one's picking up the phone at home (which means he's probably not at home checking Player ;) )

Not sure why I've had to find out about the problem via another medium and then have to phone my dad to tell him about it when I've just given you a perfectly good way to let 100% of people who use the service know about it but never mind.