Brexit from Facebook

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by redsetter, Nov 6, 2016.

1. redsetter

redsetter Member

Electrician
    'The ruling on Brexit makes the signing of the Lisbon treaty and the Maastriche treaty illegal as neither were ratified in Parliament - so we are not in EU ! From my research we were not in it to vote to remain in 1975. Our apparent entry was in violation of British Law. Constitutionally, it was null and void. British people were also told in 75 that they were voting to stay in the EEC (a trading agreement). Heath should have been on trial for treason.

Furthermore 'it broke our Magna Carta to surrender power to a foreign land unless defeated in war'

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

2. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

European Communities Act 1972

2 General implementation of Treaties.

(1)All such rights, powers, liabilities, obligations and restrictions from time to time created or arising by or under the Treaties, and all such remedies and procedures from time to time provided for by or under the Treaties, as in accordance with the Treaties are without further enactment to be given legal effect or used in the United Kingdom shall be recognised and available in law, and be enforced, allowed and followed accordingly; and the expression [F1 “enforceable EU right”] and similar expressions shall be read as referring to one to which this subsection applies.

(2)Subject to Schedule 2 to this Act, at any time after its passing Her Majesty may by Order in Council, and any designated Minister or department may [F2by order, rules, regulations or scheme] , make provision—

(a)for the purpose of implementing any [F3EU obligation] of the United Kingdom, or enabling any such obligation to be implemented, or of enabling any rights enjoyed or to be enjoyed by the United Kingdom under or by virtue of the Treaties to be exercised; or

(b)for the purpose of dealing with matters arising out of or related to any such obligation or rights or the coming into force, or the operation from time to time, of subsection (1) above;

and in the exercise of any statutory power or duty, including any power to give directions or to legislate by means of orders, rules, regulations or other subordinate instrument, the person entrusted with the power or duty may have regard to the [F4objects of the EU] and to any such obligation or rights as aforesaid.

Parliament gave them the power to make the treaties! Parliament, and only Parliament can take that right away. Not Theresa May. Not the Queen.

3. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    06/11/2016

I see Corbyn has finally shown his true colours.

BBC _"Jeremy Corbyn said Labour would block Article 50 if Mrs May does not guarantee access to the single market."

SO...... democracy is fine so long as the majority vote agrees with me is what he is saying. Regardless of the rights and wrong of Brexit - hard, soft, par-boiled or even half baked, forget the terms of exit, he should respect the vote and allow Article 50 to be triggered.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Get Rammell on!

5. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where is this copied from, out of interest?

6. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Darren Sheridan surely. A bit more feisty!:p

7. redsetter

redsetter Member

Electrician
  8. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Christ almighty, here we go again. I think it's allowed for the leader of the opposition to air slight objection to the manner in which we, as a nation (ie all of us, including the 48% who voted no), leave the EU. We're going to do it, cos that's what was voted for. However, May doesn't get to just do it however she wants. Parliament must be consulted and the people must know the full terms before it happens. That's kind of the reason so many were annoyed in the first place.

9. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well to quote Micky Flanagan everybody I have spoken to that voted out voted for ahht ahht , not ahht!

11. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Trouble is Vote Leave spent a considerable amount of time telling people that we could still have access to the single market because we are so important to European businesses. If their campaign had been based on 'we leave at all cost' then it might be a different debate. But then I don't think they would have won the referendum.

12. redsetter

redsetter Member

Electrician
    I was talking to the technical director of Trumpf laser CNC cutters. A German owned company. I asked him how Brexit would effect the UK division of their company. He told me that Germany had given them total assurance it not effect them in any way. The UK market is worth nearly £40,000,000 P/A to Trumpf and they are not going to allow that to dissapear. With that in mind perhaps the leave campaigners were not for off the mark.

13. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    '
    yeah I was just saying that was the opinion of 'outers' I have spoken to, like I said before I voted to stay in ( borderline admittedly). Trouble is you can't really have a 'what if' debate ( as its been said many times) because of the amount of disinformation on both sides, like you said there's the leave at all costs argument that you mention, but equally the 'the worlds going to end if we leave' stuff that some of the remainers were putting out could equally have influenced a lot of people.

14. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And vote Remain told us the sky would fall in the day after .....leaving does not take away access to the market...just alters the terms on which we trade with it.

15. fre

fred dibnah Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Remain never said sky would fall in or that there would be world war 3, the implications remain talked about where meant for after A50 had been triggered as they thought wrongly that this would be triggered immediately in the event of a leave vote.
    The pound has already lost almost 20% of its value against other currencies ( rose on the high court judgement) and will probably fall even more if terms of leave are allowed to be dictated by the Tory government alone.
    Glad to see Corbyn having the balls to campaign for a more sensible exit from the EU ensuring workers rights and jobs are at the forefront of his efforts.

16. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I believe Micky Flanagan voted remain. He certainly distanced himself from the out campaign :)

17. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    corbyn is simply going along with what he believed in in the first place,its was only after he became leader of the opposition that he suddenly changed his mind and became a remainer.

18. fre

fred dibnah Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's changed his mind again, or seemingly his deputy has kicked him up the arse.

19. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have you forgotten this CameronWW3.jpg ...sorry if it's a bit small . it's the Remain newspaper the Daily Mirror's headline .

As The Daily Mirror reports, David Cameron has pleaded for Britain to stay in the EU to help prevent the Continent being ripped apart by another conflict.
    Mr Cameron today highlighted the UK’s role in bringing peace to Europe as he hit the referendum campaign trail – he said: “Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking? “I would never be so rash to make that assumption.”
    Mr Cameron evoked the image of the lines of fallen British soldiers’ graves on the continent.
    He referred to Britain’s role in “pivotal moments in European history: Blenheim, Trafalgar, Waterloo, our country’s heroism in the Great War and, most of all, our lone stand in 1940”.
    He added: “What happens in our neighbourhood matters to Britain. That was true in 1914, 1940, 1989…. and it is true in 2016.”
    And he recalled how Winston Churchill “argued passionately for Western Europe to come together, to promote free trade and build institutions which would endure so our continent would never again see such bloodshed”.
    The Prime Minister said many threats to stability still remain – from a “newly belligerent Russia” to the so-called Islamic State and migration crisis.
    For 2,000 years, our affairs have been intertwined with the affairs of Europe. For good or ill, we have written Europe’s history just as Europe has helped to write ours.
    From Caesar’s legions to the wars of the Spanish Succession, from the Napoleonic Wars to the fall of the Berlin Wall.
    We know that to be a global power and to be a European power are not mutually exclusive.
    And the moments of which we are rightly most proud in our national story include pivotal moments in European history.
    Blenheim. Trafalgar. Waterloo. Our country’s heroism in the Great War.
    And most of all our lone stand in 1940, when Britain stood as a bulwark against a new dark age of tyranny and oppression.
    When I sit in the Cabinet Room, I never forget the decisions that were taken in that room in those darkest of times.
    When I fly to European summits in Brussels from RAF Northolt, I pass a Spitfire just outside the airfield, a vital base for brave RAF and Polish pilots during the Battle of Britain.
    I think of the Few who saved this country in its hour of mortal danger, and who made it possible for us to go on and help liberate Europe.
    Like any Brit, my heart swells with pride at the sight of that aircraft, or whenever I hear the tell-tale roar of those Merlin engines over our skies in the summer.Defiant, brave, indefatigable.
    But it wasn’t through choice that Britain was alone. Churchill never wanted that. Indeed he spent the months before the Battle of Britain trying to keep our French allies in the war, and then after France fell, he spent the next 18 months persuading the United States to come to our aid.
    And in the post-war period he argued passionately for Western Europe to come together, to promote free trade, and to build institutions which would endure so that our continent would never again see such bloodshed.
    The serried rows of white headstones in lovingly-tended Commonwealth war cemeteries stand as silent testament to the price that this country has paid to help restore peace and order in Europe.
    Can we be so sure that peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?
    I would never be so rash as to make that assumption.
    It’s barely been 20 years since war in the Balkans and genocide on our continent in Srebrenica. In the last few years, we have seen tanks rolling into Georgia and Ukraine. And of this I am completely sure.
    The European Union has helped reconcile countries which were once at each others’ throats for decades. Britain has a fundamental national interest in maintaining common purpose in Europe to avoid future conflict between European countries.
    And that requires British leadership, and for Britain to remain a member. The truth is this: what happens in our neighbourhood matters to Britain.
    That was true in 1914, in 1940 and in 1989. Or, you could add 1588, 1704 and 1815. And it is just as true in 2016.

If that's not a statement designed to suggest WW3 will be a result of the referendum , I don't what is .

20. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Given the continental history of wars, the rise in far right politics across Europe, Russian expansionism and the conflicts in the Middle East, it would not take much to escalate into a larger scale or even global conflict - especially if Trump gets in.