Ward going off changed the game yesterday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Until he went off they were playing a system that I mentioned the other day. When Davies got the ball O'Grady went onto Bree, Atkins onto Yiadom and we had space for Kent and Watkins. There big centre backs were getting pulled wide and you see by the way Armstrong they didn't like it. It looked like to me they didn't realise Kent was playing for the first 10. Seeing back the chances we should have been ahead and it would clearly have been a different game.

They changed after Ward went off, think he got a Wrist injury but little sympathy from the traveling fans. 352, and it really affected Barnsley and we didn't get to grips with the change and that we needed to play differently. Need to move the ball a lot quicker.

That second half, Was it good or was it really bad from the boys? I thought we paniced alot in the second half. We need that calm head in the middle but how can the coaching staff not see this? People were thinking ~Hourihane would make the difference and as the 1700? will have seen yesterday that wasn't the case at all. He just added to a scatter gun panic appraoch from Barnsley. I think Davies was the only one to really keep it calm at the back. Tried to take the fire out of the game and slow it down a few times although he was getting annoyed with ground kicking for most of the game including warm up. Seemed to be cutting across the ball a lot and missing mark by 20 yards at times.

The fans. A lot of different opions at the end of the game. Some not happy that we only got a point. Personally I was really pleased to get away with a point after that second half. They are decent at home. some nice players and play to a system they understand very well.

I like Matt Palmer in the middle a lot. COG caused problems all game. He really got at Angus.

Lack of options upfront. Armstrong caused them porblems but he needs someone to help him. hold th eball up and Winnall just couldn't do it against Burtons back 3. But again that goes back to a summer of not getting a wider squad base.

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All abart opinions innit. I thought Armstrong offered little except for first 20 and was relived when he was finally subbed.

3. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    but that's ignoring the first half, if we tucked one or two away then (we had some great chances)you are looking at a totally different game so you could equally say they got away with it same thing for them second half IF they had scored but they didn't

4. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The away end. Was it really safe? Twice now in a few weeks that i've got in at a good time and by kick off not felt safe. It felt like they had sold 200 plus tickets too many in that away end. Barnsley fans just pileing onto a sections that had no space even though stewards were telling rhem not to go into a section.

Drunk fans just shouting random ****. If you can't take the booze don't drink it. I'm someone that doesn't drink much and I really can't understand why people get so hammered that they surely can't see the other end of the pitch never mind understand whats going on.

seated stand only please FA

5. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree ward going off changed the game, we could have been 2 up first half 2 chances for armstrong and should have had a pen and a sending off had the stamp on winnall been seen.... Second half too many players went missing and we were losing the midfield at half time I was dissapointed not to be 1 or 2 up full time was happy with the draw.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The stewards were telling people not to stand in the gangways and move onto the terrace that was virtually impossible with how crowded the terrace was and the fact they had sold too many tickets.

7. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Buy a seat ticket next time? I prefer to stand. It's miles better. Sitting down is for shitting.

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sold out quickly didn't they. It's clearly not safe Redstar. If someone fell they would have been crushed. If we had scored someone would have been injured imo

9. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see where you are coming from but you just have to be switched on when standing. Its harder for young uns like you as you didn't grow up with the terraces and don't know it.

Best place to stand if you want to feel safe is at back or against a barrier.

10. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Armstrongs spdecision making is sometimes very poor. He missed the chance to pass to Winnall when he had an open net tor example which would have given us a lot of impetus.

Ward's a good player and they missed him when he went off. Though they were much better in the second half without him.

Conor as always was exemplary.

It was a hard fought point. Burton are a good team and very good at home.

I felt lovely and safe on the terraces cuddled up to the bosoms of my fellow supporters. Warmer than sitting too as I'm at an age where the gold gets me.

11. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    If you want a seat buy a seat. I wasn't at Burton but I was at Brentford standing. The first 2 enclosures were fairly full but if you walked past the goal the 3rd and 4th entrances had plenty of space. You should have tried standing in the old cop at Anfield if you wanted to not feel safe. As said elsewhere in the thread stand with your back to a barrier if you are worried about the crush but just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option to stand. It's one thing I really miss most of the time.

12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right that it was his choice and also completely understandable why you miss it but he's also right in saying that it isn't safe, you even essentially say you agree with him by highlighting how unsafe the kop was and how if he wants safety he has to be one of the few who can stand just in front of a barrier.

I think the fact that the first few enclosures were packed but it was empty further along also just shows how unsafe it is. Isn't that exactly what happened at Hillsborough?

13. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Try being a bairn in 1982 when Liverpool came. 30,000 in Oakwell all stood save for the posh seats in upper west. The best team ever to visit in my life time too... :)
    You don't know you're born in a few senses...

14. sus

susietyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't at Brentford but was at Burton and I do like standing. There were three options as i could see it - lean against the wall at the back or the middle barrier or stand behind the middle barrier or at the front. I was in about 15 minutes before the match started and options were pretty much limited by that time. I snook in against the middle barrier which was okay. after the match kicked off a load off fans came in and whilst the stewards did a pretty decent job of trying to get folk off the gangways - at this point there was no where to go and they just had to stay on the stairs. I'd gone in one of the end gangways which is where you'd expect it to be quieter.

I felt safe enough where i was but fans around me were saying if we score it will be a 'mess' - i think that's probably the politest terminology I could use. It just felt too full.

I don't know how many seats were available it didn't seem many so guess they went quick

15. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its was unsafe yesterday anyone who was there could see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good to read the different opinions of people unlike last week.

I try and treat people like if I was talking to them irl.

I understand people aren't like this always though.

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Weird innit? Not one person picked up on your mandatory pop at Conor. Need to raise their game. I'll get the ball rolling..

18. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We did. We just ****ed it off.

19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Once you got away from the gangways into the middle sections there was loads of room.

My missus wasnt concerned at all and the kids on front row had plenty of room.