Enjoyed yesterday if I'm honest.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Metatarsal, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Burton deserve some credit. Tough opponents and organised by a decent manager and I think they'll stay up, as will we. Excellent display by Davies, and although Bree and McDonald had a tough afternoon, they'll be better players for it. Dyer and O'Grady are good experienced players, and neither Bree or McDonald threw in the towel.

It was a game where I thought we missed a proper hold-up man and I personally wouldn't criticise either Winnall or Armstrong as they're not that type of player.

Thought the introduction of Scowen saw us have a bit more of the game in the last 20 minutes, but final ball/decision was pretty poor and didn't really see us create a clear chance. Our best opportunities were first half. A lot of work from Morsy and Hourihane in front of our back four yesterday.

A hard earned point, as much as we deserved I think, but we grafted well to keep what we had.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I think Sams becoming more of a Jon macken type of player at this level mate. Plenty of hard graft away from the penalty area,that will go unnoticed by some, but isn't going to get the goals he's been used to getting in the lower leagues unless he plays off someone else.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good call that to be honest.