Replica Shirt Help

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Stahlrost, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've made a terrible mistake. I've promised a friend in Austria a Barnsley FC Replica shirt for Christmas, and I assumed I would be able to get one from the club shop. After all, where else would I get one from? So I went online, only to find that they only have XXL and XXXXL left. I need a Medium.

OK, so I phoned the shop. The lady was very nice but confirmed that they are out of stock and they won't be getting any more in. They don't have any away shirts either. They may have the third strip in medium but she wasn't sure. They only have the ORA shirts but that means nothing to my mate over there as he wants a current one.

My mate is the DJ in the Schirmbar in Sölden http://www.apresskisoelden.at/en/schirmbar.html. He's called DJ Bomba and you can see him in some of the photos. I'm a regular in there and he calls me Mr Barnsley (more recently he calls me Mr Brexit), and he has been known to read out the scores from our matches when there's a game going on. I thought it would be good to get him to wear a Barnsley shirt while he's working, so I can get some photos which would be good publicity for the club. As well as a good laugh.

Anyway, I'm now in a pickle as I've promised him a shirt but can't get one. Anyone know where I might get one from, or does anybody want to sell one? Home shirt, size M, no sweat stains in the armpits. If anyone from the club is reading this, there may be reasons why you can't sell me a shirt in November when the season goes on until May next year - if so please let me know what those reasons are. And for the future, remember rule 1 of business - don't make it difficult for your customers to give you money.

Please can anyone help? Thanks.

2. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know its no help Ian, but it would seem the club has made one hell of a mess, deliberate or not, and as such they ought to be very worried when they are begging for early payment of net seasons passes. I can well imagine the local non league teams are better organised.

3. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I will view this with interest - I wanted to buy 3 blue away shirts but can't. Distinct lack of interest from the club when I queried the situation.

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Too busy "protecting the brand". Whilst not realising the damage not having worthwhile product to purchase in the "official" outlet does more damage than a few ****ing t-shirts on the market.

For the record, I don't buy replica shirts as such any more. I prefer the retro ones. Current shirt is WSB Stars Shirt. Considering a 96/97 one for Xmas.

I was going to buy my daughter a new replica of this seasons but they don't have any. As far as we have come, this is tin ****ing pot. It's the run up to silly season and I've got a Giro burning a hole in my shell suit. But the club can't sell me owt.

Barnsley market it is...

5. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep. Went in there with a fistful of tenners, sent away with a 'no'.

So we went into town and bought other stuff. They need to realise they're up against other sources for our cash.

6. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its sad that despite so much demand still being around for replica shirts that the club aren't listening to their fan base and doing something about it. Could understand if it was the new year but I guses with the millions made this year on player sales and promotion that they feel they can afford to lose thousands of pounds from a lack of stock for Christmas sales.

7. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best make your mind up quick!

8. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant isnt it.

Bet i get **** all as a thank you for giving them my money for a few months and im still waiting a confirmation of a deliveey date in november. The current stance being 'dunno'.

You know. Like a signed photo or two. Few shots wi nipper and a couple of players.

9. coo

cooper&currie Member

In a couple of weeks I will be in the position of spending some cash in the club shop. Now due to my Barnsley shirt fetish I would like a home, away & 3rd shirt as well as both of the retro ORA shirts. That is a grand total of £205 the shop is losing out on by not having the stock in.
    Its well documented that the club shop is poorly run and for ANY professional organisation to run out of its main retail selling point before Christmas is shoddy to say the least.

By the way I hope the OP gets his shirt.

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Shoddy is being kind. A lot of stuff when we have it in stock is overpriced but at least it's in stock for people to decide if they want it or not. Because of the lack of stock it's just going to make people that want something they can't get officially look for an unofficial way of getting it or a similar version.

11. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  12. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Staggering that we can get this so badly wrong. There is just no stock at all. It's embarrassing the amount of time we're spending on trying to stamp out counterfeits when there is just nothing available in our own shop.

13. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The people at the club are not daft, I'm convinced of that, and there's just got to be a reason for it, contractual or whatever. I think it would help if there was a statement on it explaining the reasoning. With Christmas approaching, I would estimate the club are on the point of losing a 5 figure sum because willing customers are unable to buy things from the club shop.

If I can't get a shirt, I may have to buy another wig. That always goes down well in the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.apresskisoelden.at/en/schirmbar.html">Schirmbar</a>...

14. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The reason is clear. They are **** scared of being left with stock...

15. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I simply don't believe that, I think that there's more to it. Surely they can make an educated guess on how much they would sell? As I've said before, they're not daft at the club. The margins on the shirts are obviously huge, so there's plenty of scope for having some excess stock which they can sell off cheaply. But I'm no retail expert, so perhaps I should keep my trap shut.

I once knew a businessman who refused to make a profit because he was scared to pay tax. I think the people running BFC are better than that.

16. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think I read somewhere that the club put their order in last year, before we went on our good run. The uptake was therefore unexpected, as at the time we were looking more like league 2 than Championship.

That's all ok, but why in this day and age, do we have to put an order in 6 months before we want it? Why can't it be changed? Why can't we order the few more that we want. It's not like the club needs 1 size XL, one Medium, and 1 age 13. We need plenty of all of them. To me, if the supplier is that inflexible with what must be a pretty big deal, then they should be dropped.

I'd also like to know why there is a complete lack of variety. We are approaching Christmas. I would ordinarily be looking to buy gifts for nieces, nephews, and other family members. I simply cannot find anything I want to but, that is available in the size.

17. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I heard that too and I would be inclined to accept that excuse except for two thing. One, we run out every year so it isn't just because we had a sudden burst of interest this year compared to all others (although that probably made the situation worse). Two, we put in a second order and STILL ran out of shirts in most sizes by the end of October proving that we don't learn from our mistakes.