Another Interesting Court Case (Brexit)...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Scoff, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Isn't the incitement of racial hatred against the law too? Brexit or no brexit, they want locking up.. :)

3. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doesn't the racial element add extra to any sentence?

There is also a certain Mr Farage who appeared to be threatening civil unrest over the weekend. I'm fairly sure that isn't legal.

If I was a senior judge and feeling a little unhappy with my treatment in certain papers over the weekend, I'd be pouring over ever published word and instructing lawyers over slander too :)

4. cec

cec/mac/tommy/lol&macca Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you really were a senior judge you would never be briefed to adjudicate the motion that Mr. Farage 'appeared' to threaten civil unrest. For any laymen watching the interview would testify that Mr. Farage did NOT threaten civil unrest. But perhaps Mr. Farage was mindful of the establishment's disbelief that the people voted for a break from Europe, he calculated that they would not stand idly by whilst anyone sought to deny them. Which as a man of 80 and of sound mind, I fully agree. And should such an effort proceed, I would certainly join any lawful means of opposing it.

5. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was unclear, I was talking about the senior judges reading the printed stuff in the Daily Mail/Sun/Express since Thursday about their judgement last week. Some of it questioned their impartiality, suggested they had an ulterior motive and was potential slanderous.

The comment about Mr Farage was over his comments over the weekend, where he appears to be organizing a protect march in London and suggested there could be mayhem. Like his mate Trump dropping hints about assassination attempts on Hilary. Probably nothing directly illegal, but its close.

As for protesting, I certainly will be protesting the loss of *my* rights to free travel and work in Europe if it is found that the leaders of the leave campaign are found guilty of these offences.

6. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agree on the first point - shocking misuse of press powers in those headlines.

As to "...protesting the loss of your rights..." If you and everyone else take that stance every time EU legislation or domestic laws change that adversely affect your rights as you call them then anarchy would rule.

As regards the initial premise over promises, it would appear that remainers only seem to acknowledge that Brexit camp made false claims (which admittedly they did) and Remain were squeaky clean. If the CPS are to investigate the £350 NHS pw 'claim' then they should also investigate the £4800 pa that Osborne claimed each household would lose which was also proven to be misrepresentation.

As to remainers on here and elsewhere, stop claiming you are intellectually and morally superior to Brexiters, stop resorting to personal abuse and insults and get over the fact that Brexit was the decision and trying to overturn it by any means possible. Furthermore how many of you truly believe:

a) The Euro will survive and not fail, taking the whole corrupt EU structure with it ? and ..
    b) Not invoking Article 50 would allow us to 'change the EU from within' and curb Junckers', Merkel's and Tusk's 'Federal State agenda'?

Finally, several of the remainers on here have criticised and accused me of being obsessed with the EU making excessive posts and it "is a football forum". It is funny though, how when many EU posts appear fromthe same regular pro-remain posters, they dont appear to attract the same criticism (typical Left wing tactic trying to stifle opposition and criticism)

7. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've seen and heard enough to feel exactly that. In a way, the whole Brexit thing has made me feel sad about certain sections of out county and large parts of my town of birth, but conversely, it has made me feel better about myself.

The reason for that is simple - we had a vote and one one side were the BNP, Britain First the NF, UKIP and loads of other far right racist and fascist organisations and I chose to go and stand with the 'do-gooders' on the other side.

8. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    give over we've not noticed.

9. Tek

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    If you really, genuinely believe that everyone who voted to leave is racist and the Brexit debate was that simplistic then I feel really sorry for you. You seem to be obsessed with racism. FYI, I do not subscribe, support, nor think like any of those aforementioned organisations nor do many of the people I know who made an informed decision to leave.

10. Tek

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    :p

11. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have never said that and I do not believe it.

However, they made a choice to stand with a bunch of vicious fascists and racists.

I cannot see why anyone would do that.

12. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me, it does not matter which side of the argument lied, and how outrageous the lies told were. The fact is that the decision of the British people was based upon false information, and because many votes were based upon that false information, any decision that the people took is liable to be the wrong decision.

Having said that, the British people have made their choice, and the politicians cannot afford to ignore the choice that the British people have made. So they have no choice but to proceed with negotiations to leave the EU. However, where I differ is that these negotiations should not necessarily lead to our exit from the EU in spite of what the EU says about the triggering of article 50. You see, I can see the possibility of a hard Brexit, a Brexit where it has been impossible to agree anything and as a result there is no agreement with the EU about trade, and there is no agreement with the rest of the world either. So we have stopped paying into the EU and we have no freedom of movement but we have trade barriers with Europe, and the whole of the world as well. Clearly this would be an absolute disaster. Clearly, since the outcome of us preceding with Brexit would be an economic disaster, and in spite of the previously stated view of the British people, it would be a mistake to proceed. What does the government do then? Does it proceed on the basis of a deeply flawed referendum result and take us out, or does it try to find a way out of the mess?

In spite of all the noise being generated by all these legal challenges, it is right that the view of the people prevails. However, once the fog of misinformation has cleared, and it becomes more certain what the true effects of our exit will be, it is also right that the issue be considered afresh. No right-minded individual would proceed and enact a decision if new information came to hand which showed that decision to be wrong. It would be right that the issue be put to the people a second time so that their original vote can be confirmed once the outcome of all negotiation is known, and this time, all claims from both sides should be submitted for audit by an independent body before they can become public knowledge.

13. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    This utter shambles just shows what happens when politicians on all sides lie through their teeth. And people moan at me for not voting.

14. manxtyke

manxtyke Well-Known Member

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No we didn't , we made a choice on what we thought was the best coarse of action and were not swayed or coerced into thinking we must vote a certain way just because.
    Btw a few on here who gob off for the remoners didn't even vote so have no voice

15. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    According to the submission to the DPP, certain statements made by the Leave campaign (£350m per week, Turkey joining EU, no immigration controls) were factually incorrect (and they were told at the time) and used to influence voters incorrectly (potentially illegally), while the Remain misinformation were predictions from "experts" (not statements of fact), such as the £ falling in value and the economy suffering. Both of which have happened already. Remember that the cost of buying certain foods, petrol and services have all increased over the last six months or are expected to shortly - some by over 20% in the tech sector. It might not make £4k per year, but it does add up and the budget is now forecast to have a £25b shortfall within a few years (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...5bn-2019-20-forecast-budget-ifs-a7403866.html )

a). I don't think the Euro will fail.
    b). I've said it before and will say it again. I'd rather live in a federal European state than a single country on the outside. When travelling round Europe, I identify much more with the Dutch, Germans and Scandinavians than the Brits abroad.

Being completely honest, I'd rather live in a global federal state, but that won't happen until after my time is up. Isolationism led us to fear, mistrust and the 2 millennia of wars across the continent. Its time that we as a species grew up and realised we have far more in common than we have differences.

16. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Horrible thought for me that , all I can say is I certainly couldn't trust you in any shape or form in any walk of life always undermining your the type of person that needs to move to mainland Europe and stop bringing down my country
    Al sithi

17. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    care to elaborate how choosing to integrate and respect others that were born in different place is bringing down "your" country?

18. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He doesn't want to integrate with us and neither do some people whom come to our country, thats the problem . There's nothing wrong with people who want to integrate and respect the country they choose to reside in. And if you read what he put I would suggest the problem arises when he doesn't like where he is at the minute which makes it a problem for him I'm sure he was born in our country if he needs that to change then move on

19. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the record, its not your country, its *OUR* country. You are entitled to your views and I am entitled to mine, and both are equally valid. I know we haven't actually got freedom of speech guaranteed in the British constitution, but we effectively do unless we break any of the applicable legislation.

And that attitude is precisely the reason why I'm seriously considering it as soon as junior has finished her education (June 2018). Remember this country (and it does have some good bits to it like most countries), is the result of millions of years of geophysical coincidence, mixed in with a big chunk of climate change and a few hundred years of invasion, followed by politics, wars and luck. We are only an island due to the interglacial period we live in - when temperatures drop again and the ice expands then we be be joined again to Europe where the North Sea is now.

The Great in Great Britain is nothing to do with our superiority (historic or otherwise), but an historic name given to it by Ptolemy (Ireland was Little Britain!), and later by the Romans to distinguish it from Brittany in France. With the history of invasions before 1066 - Viking, Roman and Norman, chances are you are European by descent anyway.

20. manxtyke

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ha ha ha like I said Auf weidero zaine , petite pous rodders and bom diadorra