Question to the posters on here

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Honest question to people on here.

Why do people care about players lives on here. After the thread which someone said Hourihane was better than Barton people were putting about Joey Barton's life.

I was thinking about players Barnsley could sign in January as the club looks to improve in the second half of the season. the second half of the season was often tougher under Davey, Robins and Hill. I thought about someone like Ravel Morrison. Not playing over in Italy but a player with a massive amount of ability. A lot of former Manchester United players and even former Manager talk about the most talented youngster they have ever seen. Ravel. He seems to be struggle over in Italy with a few things and they don't like it that he didn't learn the language quick enough or even at all.

For me I go to watch them play Football. I don't care about anything else. I really don't. I want to see people play football to the best ability and see Barnsley win no matter what. Do whatever but win.

We've got players that haven't always done the right thing. I think often it's what gives them the edge to win.

Do Watford fans care about troy Deeney been in Prison or Boxing fans care about Anthony Joshua been on remand in Reading Prison and a often troubled childhood and street fighting.

Interesting to see what people think. Strange one to me what others think.

2. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Alot of people are bothered about people's backgrounds because this team isn't by any means the most talented, but the camaraderie, the team spirit and the willingness to play for each other is key to the team's success and a character like Barton, who comes into a squad and fight's with his team mates is not the sort of person we want. As for Ravel Morrison, he's pure scum, been in court numerous times from witness intimidation to beating his own mother, he's homophobic and has so little respect for women he's nearly as bad as a certain Mr Trump. He's also on an absolute shed load of wages and has never really done anything with his talent other than sit there and underperform. We don't know what Watford fans think of Deeney, it may be because he's tried to reform himself or they're just blinded by the facts like alot of us would be just because he plays well for there club (see Ched Evans and Sheffield United and Luke McCormick and Plymouth). Don't know about AJ but that's got nothing to do with footballers.

3. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think these footballers are as bad as made out. I was reading yesterday? that Bartons wanted by Debry and Former club Burnley. If he was so bad why would a former club want him back? surely they can see he's bad.

I'm not sure how much he's on Ravel but been a troubled person doesn't mean he shouldn't play football. The club that turns him around will be the club that will surge up the table in whatever league and go onto make a shed load of money.

Not everyone gets a long in a dressing room. They are a group of poeple often from different backgrounds. Listening to a interview with James Milner today and he said theres scraps and fight in most if not all dressing rooms on a regular basis anyway.

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have morals. That's why

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So why do you watch Adam Hammill play?

*I don't hate Adam Hammill but he's been charged in a courtroom with paramedics assault and apparently this user name Supertykes got morals.

6. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Joey Barton will be wanted back by Burnley because Sean Dyche learned how to control him and he was popular with the fans and they didn't want him to leave in the Summer, still doesn't mean he's a nice guy because he's behaved himself at one club. As for Morrison, if he was convicted of anything he was charged with he shouldn't be allowed to play football again because if any of it is true he's a disgrace, if not he's still a nuisance and alot of us fans and probably the club don't want him or someone like him here. As for your last point of course not everyone will be best buddies, but when they get on the pitch they play for each other and not fall out like some of our past players have (except for Hammill's little thrombie but he seems over that). In general I don't have a problem with players like Barton playing football at all, I'd just prefer them not to be anywhere near us, unless they have ability to change and mature which at 30+ and his long past of acting like a muppet, Barton isn't one of them. Plus you generally find that most of these players are well outside of our wage budgets anyway.

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Why don't we just trust the clubs hierarchy to "improve" the squad in January?

The current regime is working better than most of us expected, so why change it?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have done this before remember? Nobody has ever condoned what Adam hammill did and it is a huge blight on his character BUT as far as I'm aware it was an isolated incident that occurred moments after regaining consciousness and which he has apologised for a long time ago and in the years since then has done absolutely nothing like that ever again.

9. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because I wanted to think of players I hope they sign. I was wanting them to sign Janko and Morsey for the last 18 month plus and they did in the summer. Saying that I don't think the summer was that good for signings. Short in a lot of area's and not the different options in others.

10. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why have you slated David preece many many times for uttering a swear word?

11. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Good enough for us to have 21 points on the board though.

We have a thin squad admittedly, but that's always going to be the case for a lower budget club like us.

We have to get players in that can do a job, but won't throw the teddy out if they don't regularly start.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

12. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think I have

13. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What does "improve" actually mean though? I posted on here a few weeks ago about our current league position being pretty much where we have been, on average, through our 129 year history. I've not enjoyed watching a Barnsley side as much as this for 16 years. What impact do you think Barton would have in terms of where we'd end up in the league table? My concern with him is not his previous convictions and sentences he's served (reasonable point you make with Hammill, Deeney etc) but he's proven to be disruptive at several of his clubs. A risk we don't need to take.

14. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My point with Barton, he's a winner. He demands a lot of other but from what people say he's good in and around the team. I think he takes a lot of the attention allowing team mates to just go and play. I've put a lot on here that I think we need to shut it up in the centre. Ipswich, and Reading at home to name two. Hot knife and butter come to mind. That what happened against Reading really annoys me Metatarsal. Watched back the highlights the other day and Hourihane dropping back and back off Swift makes me still think fecking hell man, stop going backwards.

That gets you the tough points and that will mean you have more.

Risk. How many teams he been with in the champ, 3 promotions in this league. More than most. He was liked by the Newcastle fans and they are a tough bunch to please at times.

15. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Argument defeated. Gazza. Genuine metal health issues. And even Barton would admit he's non-league in comparison. You have spent years slagging off England's last great footballer, who you never even saw play. If you so want to bum Joey, go support his next club, if he gets one. And that's not being mean, I'm open minded. Be happy... :)

16. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mate, for someone who thinks they know a lot about football. You don't much about football.. Stick with cricket, not many care about cricket...

17. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're missing the point again. Football is a team sport so its important about the make up of the characters in that environment.

To use AJ as an example shows how far off the mark you are. Boxing is an individual sport, with added violence so obviously having a criminal record doesn't make a difference to the skill or standard of that person.

Its not necessarily that people don't want Barton because of some ethical reason its because he would upset the changing room, not only because he's a moron but it goes against everything this team is trying to create. He's not the kind of player we are looking at, plus he's on about 20k a week. Its not going to happen so why these kinds of players keep getting dragged up is beyond me.

This thread and the others about Barton are complete waste of ******* time.

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Have you simply forgotten the years and years you spent slagging off Paul Gascoigne for his personal life?

19. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's got a very selective memory

20. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there were at least 30 other players in those 3 promoted teams that were just as responsible for contributing to, and achieving promotion too.

Our current squad, whatever you think of them collectively or individually, are learning to play against better players than they've faced in their careers to date. And they're doing it well most of the time.

Barton (the person not the player) would set us back I think.