Same old problems

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's becoming frustrating now. Same old problems causing us to drop points.

Lack of squad variety. Something I mentioned on here at the start of September and it's still a big problem as we quickly approach December.

What are you talking about. We are 7th or whatever. Well that's long gone. I'm one to look at things and it was clear to anyone in my head that the squad didn't add up and it would cause pain in the comming months. Now it's no win in 12 weeks at Oakwell and a dip in atendence today from ST holders in the East stand.

Whoever signed this squad off as adaptable for the coming 4 month wants to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Aiden the only natural left footed left back.
    Payne the only physical option upfront
    3 centre midfield and central defenders. Today was crying out for a defender to step up with the ball and try and pick passes allowing one of the midfielders to gamble and get in and around the strikers. or pick a pass in to the advanced midfielder which allows the wingers to get onto the full backs blind side.

Armstrong with a good partner would rip this league up. Some for someone he trusts to play target man role and hold the ball up with a degree of confidence. He caused problems today with little. That were he chased wide, won the ball and curled it just over the bar. Really nice.

Wigan today came for a point and will be happy with a point. They were only likely to score when we made a mistake. Hourihane chesting it down for them to run at the back 4 or there guy getting behind Roberts. Just lack of communication or concentration could have cost Barnsley today.

Friday night. Heckingbottoms got some thinking to do.

Kent and Bree are good together but he wants a hard working winger and that means Watkins or Janko will have to play. Both like to play on the right.
    Morsy back in for Scowen?
    Who upfront with Armstrong?

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "it was clear to anyone in my head"

I KNEW you had voices in your head. That explains a great deal

3. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same old stuff spouted.

Same digs at Hourhane and Winnall.

Have you not noticed any of Bree's mistakes in the last few weeks? And Kent's below par performances? No, you just go out to find fault with Hourihane, Winnall and Roberts.

You've obviously missed Yiadom's week in week out good performances since moving to left back?

I'm sorry but for as long as you continue to go to watch games with the sole objective of finding fault with people on your hit list, your opinions will never hold any credibility with me. #predeterminedagenda

4. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anybody would think Armstrong had scored an hatrick for England bairns.

5. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely bang on

6. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree was pap

7. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree can't hold a candle to either Wisdom or Williams who have both outshined him at right back in the last 12 months

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh goodness. Fired's here. How long would it take for her to have pop shots at me. Interesting you didn't irl at Burton.

Same old dig at Hourihane and Winnall. It's more facts really. I'm seeing a lot of digs maybe at Winnall but that's not one. What did you make of that free header miss today again FIRED?

Bree mistakes, please enlighten me? Seen all the games since he's come back into the squad. Don't see many mistakes. Okay he could have been a little bit clever when he was one on one with the full back in the first half. He hit a cross a little bit loopy and it went over the bar.

Yaidom? doing okay isn't he without the ball. Nice cross today for Winnall's chance. The big problem with him. He doesn't overlap the midfielder and both Hammill and Kent have the problem of been two on one. Kent was fustrating today but he was up against a really good defender in Reece Burke. Bradfords player of the season and maybe in the l1 team of the year.

9. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    same old Hemsworth Tyke

just that

10. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutley bang on

11. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree's ball distribution in the first half was very poor. All around me in the ESL were commenting on it. Also got caught out of position a couple of times as well. Don't get me wrong I like Bree, but to mention other players shortcommings in a match and then either overlook or deny Bree's shortcomings in this game is somewhat hypocritical isn't it.

12. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Soz Hemsie.

The only thing you get right in your post is that we need more muscle upfront as an option.

You really are stuck in a self dug trench, and still digging if you think that you can find Kent as a positive today.

And to pathetically highlight Conor and Roberts for one situation each, when Bree (and no doubt many others) ballsed it up probably equally as badly, is quite sad.

Your love-in with Armstrong would be shared by all if he stopped whacking it over the bar every time he gets a chance.

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you want to mention distribution though you could mention every player. I'm quite critical of Bree and didn't notice it myself. When the game goes on Barnsley player i'll be sure to watch and maybe i'll not it then.

With Bree I was pleased how he'd come through the first half in general. He had a bit of pain and then got knocked when he was on the floor or just getting up. I never felt they were going to cause him problems. Warnock Jacobs and Garbutt (be a good signing for Barnsley he would when he goes back to Everton) all played in that side and all good talented players.

14. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

We haven't got problems.

Rotherham have got problems.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

15. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutley bang on

16. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Armstrong missed a free header today, are we not mentioning that one :)

We can have all the variety in th eleague, makes **** al diffence w=if manager not prepared to make an early sub.

17. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    About the same time as it takes you to take pop shots at OUR players,

Stick to football manager kid, it will work out a lot better for you in the long run.

18. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh Goodness me, I think you've just proved everything I've said.

You pick up on me commenting. I have said nothing to you in 2 weeks. Are you not going to take up issues with people who have commented on your every post in that time, or are you just going to try your arm with people like me and Jam Drop?

Right, let me take this from the top. Winnall missed a header. All strikers miss chances. Not just Winnall, but Messi, Kane, even Ashley Fletcher.

Bree mistakes, This is where you prove my point. Burton away. Yes I really did go. I saw you coming out of McDonalds. Bree takes a stupid quick free kick in the second half when we have a chance to get the ball into the box. Bad pass, we lose possession, and the whole team is caught off guard. Today, Bree, same again, caught in possession, team on back foot, bad passes, weak headers. Not a crime, mistakes, like any other player makes. Just like Sam Winnall sometimes does, just like Connor Hourihane sometimes does. Not something to use against him week-in week-out, because that might destroy his confidence, but let's not pretend he doesn't make mistakes. Ditto Ryan Kent. He wasn't poor today because he was up against a great defender. He was poor because he ran into traffic, and made bad decisions for 70 minutes. He needs a rest. Maybe we could put Janko in there who you have decided is the bees knees based on one match and two subs appearances? (Loss at home to Reading, cameo at Wolves and today?)

Yiadom. What are you on about, good without the ball? He has been outstanding with and without the ball since he went to left back. Best player by a country mile at Burton. My MOM today.

As I say, your posts would have alot more credibility if they didn't have a pre determined agenda to prove that you're right about certain players. Can't you just go to a game, and enjoy the contributions that players make?

19. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This exactly.

Unless you spot a player on a computer generated game, and decide that your team should sign them.

20. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Fuc,.;k off