FIFA just get even more stupid

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dragon Tyke, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not that I don't think the whole thing is stupid but did you read the article? It specifically states:

'It is understood that the wearing of poppies by supporters in the stands is not a charge that the IFA is facing
    , but investigations are being carried out into the holding of a minute's silence, the laying of a wreath and a poppy display by fans.'

It sounds like it was the poppy mosiac they had an issue with as symbols are not allowed to be displayed. I wonder whether the poppy mosiac was designed and led by a fan or it was the club that arranged it. Either way, I thought it looked brilliant.

3. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    make of this what you want......

but its well accepted that the game of Football was born and bred in the UK so they would be out of work if we had not botherd. So again I vote for telling them to **** OFF................................................ in spades

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Re: make of this what you want......

And yet they are happy to condone Russia's bombing of children in Syria, Qatar's £3billion backing of ISIS and both Russia and Qatar's open state homophobia by awarding them both World Cups.

5. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Since when was commemorating and remembering the death of millions of young men from ALL nations... German, British , French, Italian, Indian, New Zealand, America, Canada, etc . in two World wars and subsequent conflicts a political statement?

FIFA -What a set of wan*ers!!

6. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    but not only that.....

members of many religions on both sides "of the wire" died and are being respected and remembered, how that can be twisted into either a religious or political statement is beyond me. In 1992 I was on a tour of duty in the Falklands, I put some flowers at the memorial to our fallen at Port Stanley..... I also put flowers in the Argentine cemetery too.... its called respect, yes they were our foes but they too had family and friends and not many understood the reasons why they were their. To remember brave souls is neither political or religious, its about time that FIFA got their heads from up their arses and realised this.

7. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Vote out of FIFA! Fook em. Have a home nations tournament every 2 years instead of Euros n World Cup! I'd be up for that.

8. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    or even perhaps

a commonwealth Cup and tell FIFA, UEFA to **** off

9. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was all arranged by the club/country. I remember them saying beforehand something like 'we will be having a display in the stands'.

I can kind of understand FIFA in that they really have to be impartial. They can't allow one nation to display something but another gets banned. If they allow the poppy do they then allow a swastika to commemorate the fallen nazi's? (an argument I hesrd on radio Sheffield).

Their policy in general makes a lot of sense, has does the fact that they are charging Wales for breaking the rules. The problem is more that the poppy isn't political or religious or anything like that. They need to come up with a list of accepted dates and occurrences that are allowed.

Surely it wouldn't be such a big task to contact all member nations and ask if they have any none political remembrance days that they would like to be allowed. They could then discuss them all individually and say yes or no with reasons.

Also to be quite honest the respective fa's aren't innocent in all this? They know the date, they know when the fixtures are and they know the policy. Why the hell have they left it till a week or two before the event to do anything about it.

11. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Re: there are 52 member states of the commonwealth

We'd still struggle to get out of a group consisting of Malaysia, Samoa and Uganda.