Quidco

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by pontyender, Nov 24, 2016.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've used this site for years and earned a lot of cashback through it. However I'm now wondering whether some things are more expensive for doing so. I linked to Esure through Quidco for my car insurance (not using Quidco Compare; this insurer wasn't on the list of results) and was quoted £260. That was higher than I usually pay, so I did comparisons through a number of sites including Go Compare. Esure came up as the cheapest insurer on all but one of them and Go Compare was the lowest quoting £220. How can it be cheaper through a comparison site than supposedly going direct to the insurer through Quidco, when the comparison site will obviously be taking a cut?

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I too use Quidco but normally for things that are a set price so I haven't noticed this issue. What I normally do is go direct to the site and add whatever it is to the basket and then open Quidco (usually because I'd forgot to do it first) and then when the site loads through Quidco the item is still in my basket. The insurance could possible be cheaper on the comparison site because they know that you can see everyone else's price too so they want to beat it. If you go directly to their site they may presume that you are almost certainly going to buy with them and put the prices up. Could you go through GoCompare and then once you have that price and clicked on the link, then open Quidco and refresh the page?

3. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The purchase has actually tracked on Quidco, despite me buying the quote I'd been given through Go Compare. I'm expecting it to be declined, although technically I went to Esure first through Quidco, so I suppose it's possible I will be paid.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've not had any experience of them being declined so fingers crossed for you!