Henri lansbury

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by redrum, Nov 26, 2016.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good player but what a **** both his goals in the first half he found the need to celebrate infront of the ponty and insight the crowd. Thought you could get booked doing that sort of thing.

2. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He scored at the ponty end though, he's not going to do an Adebayor and run all the way down the pitch to celebrate with the forest fans. I've seen loads of opposition players celebrate in front of the ponty end.

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If people start getting booked for scoring a goal at the end opposition fans are in and celebrating your goal, disciplinary records at clubs will go through the roof.

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not saying run to other end of field but he was nearly on front row of the ponty end

5. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did nothing of note in the game other than the goals we gifted him (second was a great header in fairness, but someone my size shouldn't be able to outmuscle the defender).

And he didn't try and goad our fans. Just celebrated. No issue with that.

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't see a problem with the way he celebrated his goals, he wasn't goading us or trying to provoke a reaction.

7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe just me I thought the point of where he scored and where he ended up celebrating (off the field of play between the stand) was taking the piss. He is a good player at this level though and we gifted them the 1st 3 goals last night early xmas prezzie from Barnsley. And the ref gave them the 5th cos that was never a pen in a month of Sundays.

8. Lep

Lepton-red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't Winnnall do the same? Could have ran towards the east but peeled away to the away section.

9. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    He didn't goad the fans but some of the Forest players did.

There's no need for it really.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

10. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi redrum, normal service resumed..... Can't say that I saw anything wrong at all.

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice I was getting worried we are agreeing too often. Well done on the organising of the flag though mate looked really well. Was it you in the red jacket taking the pictures?

12. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    If you mean the bloke in the red jacket on the track around the pitch, that was me. I tried to look like one of the players, but the frostbite in my hair gave it away.

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pat on back for you both and for your direction of the flag and picture taking!

14. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Cheers mate, everything went well until about 8pm, then things went rather downhill...

15. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Fantastic player. Centre mid but ghosted into some brilliant forward positions. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to opposition players. Knockaert, Shelvey, Jansson, McCleary, Parker etc, we've come up against some talent so far. Those five plus Henri will earn more in a week than our squad will.

Perspective.

16. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Bloody hell, you mean some other teams have good players?

I thought we only lost games because we played poorly, and all our players are ****, and we really should be murdering the likes of Newcastle. At least that's what I've read on here. I genuinely didn't realise that other teams had better players than we do.

17. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Exactly 365 days ago we were bottom of L1 and Coventry were top.

Debate and discussion is healthy. But some of the stuff on here this weekend has been quite sad to read. Not everything in football revolves around money but trust me, most things do. For us to be 17th in the second tier means we are punching above our weight. Keith Hill got hammer for saying it, but it's true now more than it was when he said it. You either look at our squad and call them **** because we aren't up the other end or you use contextual basis and realise they're working a miracle. Aided by good staff.

Folk hated us being perennial strugglers last time in the division. But the money gap has only widened. I said it in July but if we stay up this season it will be a miraculous achievement. Not because I think we are ****. Because I don't. But because we are up against all odds financially.

18. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Couldn't agree more. For a "small" town club, in an area surrounded by so-called "massive" clubs, we do OK. The financial system at the summit of football in this country is designed to reward failure as well as success, so unless something changes we'll have to accept our place in the hierarchy.

I can understand fans of any club not being happy when their club loses matches, especially heavily as on Friday. But a tiny minority on here slag off our better players, over and over again, ad nauseum. I suppose I should just ignore it, but recently I just can't. It's complete buffoonery of the highest quality.

19. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I was gutted to see us lose 5-2 at home. I would be if it was Forest, Altrincham or Benfica beating us. Losing is ****. Seeing your team hit for 5 at home stings that bit more. But why the need to come online and ridicule everything? I don't get it. Not after Friday. If nobody had cared, if players were lazy or disinterested then fair enough. But a couple of mistakes, one player being silly and the other side having a lad playing out of his skin didn't warrant the weak minded reaction of some on here.

You support Barnsley. It's very rarely an easy, joyous ride. Hence 2016 being so special.

20. YTB

YTBFC Guest

And while I'm here, thanks Ian for last week. You're a true Red. Only hope I helped as much as I tried to.