Just saying

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by BMW, Nov 26, 2016.

1. BMW

BMW Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Roberts has been fantastic for us,Yidiom looks a Championship player,Hammell can win you a game with the blink of an eye,Bree is one of the best young talents in the country,Winnall has and always will score goals,Scowen will run through a brick wall for the cause and Hourahaine with out doubt one of the best midfielders in the Championship.All in my opinion of course.

2. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well said.

This is a tough league, and the margins are fine.

Get behind 'em.

3. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The other 4 must be gash then.

4. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Earlier this season when we were riding high in the table, scoring a bagful of goals and playing some wonderful, free flowing football, I said I was going to enjoy the ride whilst it lasted. There's no doubt that these last couple of months have shown just how difficult this Division can be. However, the vast majority of fans are still behind Hecky and the players & fully appreciate we're not competing on a level playing field.
    We do have players who can compete at this level, Friday night's result doesn't suddenly alter that. I'm still enjoying watching these lads represent our club (even if there's been a downturn in results) and have every confidence they'll turn things round.
    Twelve months ago this weekend, we drew at home to Sheffield United and slumped to the bottom of Division 1. Our rise since has been simply astonishing. I've certainly no intention of getting on the backs of the players & staff who have been been instrumental in that turnaround in fortunes simply because we're now in a bit of a sticky patch.

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ^^this^^

6. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Thanks for flagging this up, totally agree. In fact, all our squad are good players. It's one of the best squads we've had for a few years now, certainly better than the one which went down (with the exception of COG who's the best striker we've had since Neil Shipperley of course).

I believe the recent problems have been down to tactics, not player abilities. Apart from Friday night which was a complete afterbirth of a match.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Haven't got a problem with any of that, don't know if Bree is one of the best young talents in the country but he's a very good prospect, don't know if Hourihane is one of the best in the Championship but he's a very good player, and I'm not sure if I'd describe Roberts as fantastic but he's played very well for the most part and looks like a Championship defender to me.

In my opinion we look like a midtable championship side who had a bad result on Friday. I think we'll win a few of the upcoming games and cement our position in this league. Haven't a problem with our squad at all, I think we have some good players.

8. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I've seen every game this season, and there has been far more good than bad in my opinion.

Yes, we have our shortcomings, but considering the disparity in this league, we're doing ok and I look forward to each coming game regardless of the outcome of the previous one.

We've all seen some utter tripe at times watching the reds. This doesn't compare with it.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

9. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't argue with any of that. Friday was just one of those days when everything went Forest's way in front of goal and they got the benefit of some generous refereeing decisions.