John Stones been playing away then...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by GeorgeRobledo, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Geo

GeorgeRobledo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Naughty boy!!!

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  3. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Shame for his girlfriend, shame as he used to be a nice lad but look who he's mixing with now, he's been "footballerised", notice he has a tattoo as well, you'd think he was from Lundwood not Penistone.

4. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh the poor 20 year old events organiser who genuinely thought john was single - and did none of the running whatsoever.

Yes I bet she paid no attention at all to the multi millionaire (and can only get ridiculously richer) premier league footballer.

I'm not condoning cheating on your partner but that article is nearly as biased as a political piece in the sun. It's written as though he was some predatory love rat - I bet my mortgage he didn't go out looking to score someone to cheat on his girlfriend with. More like the temptation was put there on a plate and he showed a bit of weakness.

We don't even know that it's true. Assuming that it is, you're looking at a young lad, who at the age of 22 has everything he could ever desire, and in the main deals with it with a maturity and sensitivity not really in matching with a lot of his peers.

He is a credit to his parents and his hometown in my opinion. This incident - and I repeat, if it's even true - just shows him to be human, with normal flaws. It doesn't make him a bad lad. I had a girlfriend at 22. If I was out with the lads and had it put on a plate, (that's biased too to be fair, we don't know she did - though I can't imagine she played particularly hard to get) I can't honestly say I wouldn't have strayed. As a footballer it's likely the amount of this type of temptation thrown his way is also massively higher than for an average joe.

I don't get why just because he's a footballer he's expected to have super human levels of self control off the pitch. I can't be certain but I imagine the level of cheating/adultery in football as a profession compared to most others would be massively high, and you can't just blame the footballers. The players are like pop stars these days.

Stones gets a lot of criticism as a player about perceived lack of defensive ability/naivety and so on, some of it fair and founded, some harsh given his age, but he carries on, plays, gains experience. Head high, unbelievable for a young lad. Now he's at the very top level, he'll also have to deal with this kind of personal attack *****. Like Rooney, terry and beckham before him. They don't target folks who they expect to drop down the ranks in the profession. All went on to captain their country, or already were doing... just a thought.

These types of newspaper pieces piss me off royally. What purpose do they serve? Continually attacking players, encouraging failure. It can't help the players or their families, so it can only be to sell papers.

But does it? There's not much money in hard copy papers now really, so who's buying a daily mail online subscription to find out who Jordan Henderson or Harry Kane is knocking off?

I'm not sure that anyone is that arsed about who footballer x is shagging. Football fans only worry about how he's playing on the pitch match days, and the folks interested in the celebrity side of things have got plenty of no marks from Towie and Geordie shore etc to worry about who's dipping what, where.

Ask his girlfriend what hurts more, and what is the hardest to accept. Her fella doing the dirty - when the girl quite possibly put it on a plate and he'd had also had a few - or it being plastered all over a load of national papers so the whole world knows about it.

It saddens me that it's deemed news. Way of the modern world unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. scarf

scarf Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's not really doing a Chedwyn is he?
    The most shocking bit in that article is that proud defender of all things British the Daily Mail's spelling of 'behavior'

6. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    given that any newspaper who gets a sniff...

of a footballer err playing away is all over it ( sad but some people lap it up) I'm surprised that he got away with it for so long or that he thought he could to start with, similarly given his profile and the power of the internet it beggars belief that she didn't know about his girlfriend.
    Suspect its a revenge thing either he finished it or she gave up on enticing him away and went for the publicity and shove the knife in at the same time.

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hardly much a story is it

"wealthy young man away from home cheats on girlfriend"

Why don't newspapers report some actual news?

8. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Hardly much a story is it

It's none of our business, none story.

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Love the tattoo comment are you super Tyke in disguise

10. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a young lad who will attract the attention of many young women. How many of us can honestly say that as a young, immature man, we wouldn't have done the same. I'm pretty sure I would have.

I'm not saying it's right, just that it happens, a lot.

11. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd run bath for her.

12. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Hardly much a story is it

Quite.

13. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Obviously cheating on your long term girlfriend is wrong but I imagine it takes a lot of will power not to do anything when stunning women are throwing themselves at you.

What is he? 21, 22? At the same age I can't say I wouldn't have been tempted

14. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And hotel "suit". Is that like a porter's uniform or something? :D

15. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Geniunely can't believe what I've just read. The story is about a guy who's cheated on his long term girlfriend yet 3 times you've put about the other girl 'putting it on a plate' whilst excusing him. Whether she was or wasn't isn't the point, are we going down the 'poor man, he can't help himself, it's only natural route'? Really? If she came on to him he should have said he had a girlfriend, or if he didn't and cheated on his girlfriend then he deserves what's coming, but no, it's all that minxy girl's fault for coming on to him. Poor old John. Let's say you're right, and she did 'put it on a plate', if she genuinely did think he was single then why shouldn't she? Even if she knew he wasn't then she was just trying her luck, it didn't mean that he had to cheat and had no choice in the matter. The article also says that once she saw the picture of him with his girlfriend she asked her straight away if they were together and when she heard they were she stopped seeing him straight away. I don't see why she went to the papers, that bit seems ridiculous but people have done worse when they've found out they were cheated on (as if she really didn't know, he was cheating on her too).

I agree with your bits where you say that the papers are bad for writing it and that this isn't someone his girlfriend would want plastered about but that's about it.

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When it's cheats like Ched Evans, Ashley Cole etc they get bashed on here over the years. When it's someone with a link to our club normal morals don't come into play and excuses for **** behaviour are made. His girlfriend looks a normal everyday looking lass and the woman he cheated with covers most typical WAG stereotypes with her look.

17. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Genuinely - I can't believe that's what you just read either......I read something completely different.

18. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not sure you can put this in the same bracket as Ched Evans.
    Assuming its true - and its a big assumption if its in the Mail - its disappointing
    But unfortunately many people cheat on their partners I know people who have done it for various reasons - its never right but there sometimes are mitigating circumstances. As all we have at this stage is a Daily Mail slant I will reserve judgement.

If it is true - how have the mail got the texts? either illegal phone hacking or Ms Perry has been venting that she cant have him. Maybe he did have a fling saw his error - and confessed all to his gf and made up so this is her revenge. I dont believe she for one minute believed he was single - its not hard to check with someone that famous

19. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well done for spotting the typo of two letters next to each other on a keyboard.

His whole post is praising a two timing cheater and basically calling the girl (who thought he was single and ended it as soon as she knew the truth) a slapper for 'putting herself on a plate' and saying of course he shouldn't be expected to resist it as that would take 'superhuman powers'.

The girl's a bit of a bitch for going to the papers and I'd understand if he berated her for that but not for getting with him in the first place when she thought they were both just single people having some fun. (Or, let's say she did know, which we have no reason to suspect other than she supposedly 'looks like a wag', then it's still his fault for getting with her. Had he turned her down she'd have had nothing to sell.)

20. springvale red

springvale red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is it really anyone's business ? We have the word of some women and The Daily Star. Worse things going on in the world than this if true