Nico Rosberg announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by W1zz, Dec 2, 2016.

1. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2016 world champion Nico Rosberg has announced his retirement from Formula One <a href="https://t.co/6sw6aMvCQT">https://t.co/6sw6aMvCQT</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/F1?src=hash">#F1</a> <a href="https://t.co/NGWpeCIuAm">pic.twitter.com/NGWpeCIuAm</a></p>&mdash; BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/804675899169931264">December 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    wow. bolt out the blue that. sounds like no one in F1 saw it coming either

3. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still had a year left on his deal. Maybe the battle with Lewis took its affect on him. Would love to max or Pascal to take the seat.

4. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Alonso for me. More experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder if the Mercedes isn't going to be as dominant next year with the changes? I'd like to see Alonso in the Mercedes.

6. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It sounds like the Mrs has has a word in his ear...

7. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Would be my shout too, but i can't see Merc putting Fernando and Lewis together again...

I'd like to see what Grosjean can do with a good car... :)

8. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

With Hamilton?? After the ruck at McClaren?? :D

9. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Last time he came up along Lewis he legged it. Lewis will eat him for breakfast. Max only one that can compete on track. Pascal the long game. Won't rock the Hamilton boat and could be there in 10 years time.

10. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah I did consider the past between Alonso and Lewis, I'd be tempted by Wehrlein but I'm not quite sure he's ready which is why Alonso for a year wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

I'm not sure Grosjean will ever get his chance in a decent car which could be a shame because I think there could be something there with him.

11. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe they could tempt Jenson Button. One of the real reasons he's leaving is because he can't get in a competitive car now. He's certainly still got race wins in him.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good shout and imagine two English guys winning races in a German car :D I don't think him retiring his a shock. I think he knows he only won it this year because Lewis had a dodgy car in too many races. He won't like playing second fiddle in a team from his homeland when Lewis has earned the position as top dog and he's probably pissed he's not go an home grand prix next season as well.

13. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Button would be a safe pair of solid hands until Alonso is available or Werlhein is ready. I would love Jenson back in a decent car, the same team he won the title with when it was Brawn. He'd do as good a job as Nico.

14. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    refreshing to see a thread about F1 devoid of juvenile, insulting and.....

barely concealed racist comments aimed at both drivers like you have to suffer on the BBC HYS forums. Not only does the name calling proliferate but the sheer lack of knowledge about F1, for example, a frequent accusation that Hamilton (who according to some is a cr*p driver" ) - yeah right!!!- won the 2008 WDC "as it was fixed" because Trulli let him pass on the final LH corner leading to the homes straight on the last lap at Interlagos. My response always is he got caught out on the wrong tyres and telling the muppets to try going on a simulator (even on a Playstation) and taking that corner on slick tyres in heavy rain whilst trying to fend off other cars (including Hamilton's) who had made the 'right call' and put intermediates on.

Think Werlhein may get the call but don't think Alonso and Hamilton would have the same issues as before. Alonso has mellowed and Hamilton, whilst he still has the 'fire burning inside him' is not the raw rookie he was when he started out . Apparently the two get on pretty well and alonso has already shown he is quite philosophical about things these days.

It won't happen but I would like Verstappen to pitch up at Merc although I could see a few races with neither of them finishing if it did :)

Anyway. Classy sensible thread on here.

15. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Re: refreshing to see a thread about F1 devoid of juvenile, insulting and.....

Id love to see verstappen have a go alongside Lewis. But I can't see Red Bull letting him go even if he wants to. Big car redesign for next season so by no means certain that the Merc will be the best car, it could be the Red Bull anyway

Button would be a safe choice for a year but I doubt that will happen. Be interested to see who does get it

16. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: refreshing to see a thread about F1 devoid of juvenile, insulting and.....

I wonder if MB think Werlhein needs another year before stepping up if they could tempt JB in on a 1 year contract . He is mature, fast and smooth and in the right car could pick up a lot of good points assuming MB is still up or near the top of the grid. I dont think he would be to averse to playing second fiddle to LH who is now mature enough on track to not try and mix agressively it with JB who is a good racer but clear headed (unlike NR who tended to panic a bit when pressured and made bad judgement calls). MV potential world beater but I think the Brazil drive they raved about was in part due to tha fact he called in for fresh inters near the end of the race when everyone else was on very worn ones so, given the grip that he already had with an Adrian Newey Red Bull car he should have made it look easy. The 'catch' that saved the spin at 200mph though was phenomenal especially as he lost so little time that Rosberg did not pass him. Let's hpe that he and LH liven up F1 and make it the spectacle it once was.