Elliot Lee my take on him

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seen a lot of negatives about Lee from Barnsley fans and I think it's a little unfair.

He came to the club in the summer and we've not really seen the former WHU man. We've not had much from our left wing for a while now from both Hammill and Kent and okay it's not close to been ideal with Andy Yiadom behind them but why not give him a chance in the FA cup game against former club Blackpool who he played for against Barnsley just over a year ago I think. If it doesn't work out he goes on loan to Colchester. Seems a bit strange to be loaning him out before a try first.

For me he's a threat from that side with a left footed left back. He drifts naturally into the middle and if we are to play a 442 at Bloomfield road on Saturday he could find a lot of space with White on the overlap. He's gota nice shot on him with from what i've seen a little back lift. Also to add, he's very quick on the break.

2. red

red24/7 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    was far too good for under 23s when I saw him play,hope we give him a chance decent kid

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Needs to get a lot fitter before any talent he has can be demonstrated.

4. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why did this need a new thread?

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What the worst Barnsley fan ever to have lived does.

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why do you hate Andy yiadom so much? Serious question

7. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andy Yiadom's fault, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because he wasn't on the books of a Premiership club as a young un. It's that simple.

9. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't but he's just not a very attacking full back anyway never mind at left back. I can only post what i've seen from the 23 games i've seen this season.

I'm not going to wear rose tinted glasses like some on here. Someone does something bad then i'll say it. It's how it goes. Not sure if you went yesterday but if you didn't Hammill was looking a lot for him to go on the over lap. He's finding it hard one on one in the champ so it's the impossoble 2 on one Adam Hammill.

10. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I made this post about Lee but I can't help than ask why isn't it AY's fault that AY doesn't overlap? It happens on the over side time and time again with Bree so why can't he simply run fast close to the white line

11. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've loaned him to L2. So assume no premiership, championship, or L1 teams were interested in the former WHU youth player (also played for Southend, Colchester, Luton and Blackpool (4 appearances)).

Unfortunately the former Barnet Right back, who has been one of our players of the year can't do the running of 2 men. So unfortunately the former youth player at WHU won't get game time before former Anfield Starlet (and scorer of two stunning goals at Wembley as well as goals at all levels of the football pyramid), or the current starlet of Anfield.

If the Barnsley head coach deems him requiring league 2 football then I'll trust what the head coach, and formerly player in the Manchester United academy, thinks.

12. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think you make a good case for him to get a run. However, I suspect other players are ahead of him on Saturday ... Moncur, Janko and Williams.

The thing for me, and a lot of folks looking on who haven't seen much of him, is that he simply looks unfit. That may be a little bit unfair, but how an athlete who is training five days a week, is that size is worrying. He looks a good two stones over weight.

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right he isn't an out and put down the wing every two seconds player like the beloved James Bree is but then he loses the ball far less often than James Bree does too and is a lot more solid in defence which allows the winger to attack without constantly having to worry about covering the full back like Watkins and scowen have to do at the other side.

Don't you realise that a winger can be helped out by good passes and having defensive pressures taken off them just as much as they can by the full back sprinting down the wing like a madman?

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because James Bree is out of position a lot too. It's no coincidence that we concede a lot of goals down the right compared to the left

15. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Maybe, just maybe...the Gaffer doesn't want him to?

I'm fairly sure that if the management team wanted him to overlap then they would have told him to, and if he didn't listen im sure he would have been out in his arse!

Plus, why would you want a right footed left back to overlap? Surely he would be better firing inswingers from a deeper position?

16. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Why does every post end up comparing Bree to Yiadom?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

17. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    In terms of attendance at matches, I can't fault you. You're obviously a very committed fan to pay out all that money for tickets, travel etc. Your opinions DO count because you see far more of the players than I do or than most other fans.

But why oh why oh why do you have to criticise one of the stars of our season? Andy Yiadom has been outstanding, apart from a couple of games "finding his feet" early on. The other day you made some very good points about the win at Forest, and it seems you had stopped having a dig at our best players. One or two others on here commented on it. I resisted the temptation.

For many Barnsley fans, this season is just about the 2nd or 3rd best in our history, or at least in recent (50 years or so) history. I can't for the life of me fathom how you find so much to complain about. Just enjoy it, it's bloody fantastic.

18. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok - I'll take the bait.

Why do you do it?

19. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's selfless. Even the best of players need the full backs to overlap. Hazard and cesar azpilicueta. CA just made the run and 1/5 times got the pass at best but it's best for the team. James Milner. Not a full back but a midfielder playing left back and he gets on the over lap so much and does really well. lallana coutinho firmino get so many one on ones because Milner will take a player wide with him.

20. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    But, i'll repeat....what if the gaffer has instructed him not to?

Don't you think if they wanted him to overlap the left winger, then they would tell him to?

I'm speculating here, but I can't see our Head Coach(fecking hate that term, too Americanised for me) putting up with ANY player not following his instructions...