I hope we get to end of January with the minimal amount of disruption to the squad

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour), Jan 11, 2017.

1. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    January transfer window for BFC is never a pleasant experience.

The position we are currently in (4pts off the play offs) is bloody amazing and what a memorable 12/13 months we have had.

We know we have some key players out of contract this Summer (Hourihane Winnall).and to lose them now would have a massive impact on the team. Unless we are offered silly money for them there would be little point allowing them to leave for a pittance and then have to find adequate replacements. Personally the better case scenario would be to keep them both here until the Summer and take it from there. If they then leave on the Summer in a free and go on to bigger and better things for considerably higher wages then good on em.

The club still has to cut its cloth accordingly and will no doubt have a wage structure in line with the size of the club.

Should James Bree go for a big fee this window then at least we have a right back still with us who is having a tremendous reason so far but is away at the ACN (Yiadom). Ideally Bree may be signed for a top prem.come who in turn may loan him straight back to us which would suit all parties imo.

Also I do hope we can sort out personal terms with Sam Morsy sooner rather than later so that we can move on rather than not knowing and allowing it to drag on and on leaving us light in central midfield and look around for other potential signings in late January.

No doubt some clubs may be sniffing around at the likes of Watkins Roberts and Davies. I hope the club stands from nd keeps the nucleus of the squad together.

From the money made from Stones and Mawson I would like to think for the first time in a long while the club is currently in a strong financial position.

You reds.

2. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: I hope we get to end of January with the minimal amount of disruption to the squa

All makes good sense to me.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: I hope we get to end of January with the minimal amount of disruption to the squa

Good statement.

4. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Apologies for some typos in that thread. Predictive text and fat fingers are not a good combination.