Would you take Gary Hooper on loan for the rest of the season as part of the deal?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by thomasevans, Jan 12, 2017.

1. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just a thought. I think that I would. Proven goalscorer. Did well against us midweek in the U23s. Not dissimilar to Sam. All in all, I think we are probably trying to recruit replacements before the key players have left. So we sign Bradshaw knowing that Sam wants away. We sign Moncur to cover the possibility Hourihane could go, although it looks as though he will stay until the summer. I am disappointed with the prospect of the Wednesday deal. I also think it is a poor deal for Sam. I can see him playing a bit-part role, coming on as sub if Wednesday can't score. If he doesn't score in the time he gets, the pressure and the crowd will get on his back. if Wednesday do not get promoted, they will strengthen in the summer and Sam will be down the order. If they do go up to the Premiership, they will need experienced Premiership players and Sam will be down the order again. Could this deal just be until the summer? If it is longer, sure as eggs is eggs, Sam will be out on a season-long loan at the likes of Bradford City, or Rotherham come the start of 2017. He could have made a much better choice from his point of view. I think we will have to get used to this happening as part of the ethos of the club and part of the philosophy we sell to players when we recruit them. We get good lower league players with potential; we develop them and add to their value; we sell them on, or allow them to leave for higher teams. That is the philosophy which attracts good young players and I suppose we had better get used to it. On the positive side, it allows us to recruit players like Mawson over the likes of Birmingham City. I would think that we attracted him with the prospect of developing him, making him captain and letting him know we would listen to offers if a higher club came in for him.

2. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Re: Would you take Gary Hooper on loan for the rest of the season as part of the deal

No thanks.

3. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Would you take Gary Hooper on loan for the rest of the season as part of the deal

Hooper must be on 20k plus a week, there is no way we could afford to pay that amount!

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Hence why we've just lost our best goal scorer for 30 plus years to em

Re Hooper. No ta.

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Me personally yes as my garden needs doing. To play football for us no.