Hecky has a few problems to solve now

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KFC, Jan 17, 2017.

1. KFC

KFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'll skim over the game really. We were very below par in the first half, much better second, and ought to have won really. Blackpool were very plucky, defended manfully, and caused problems on the break, resulting in Davies making some great saves. Credit to them.

Jackson, I felt was dreadful, and at fault for both goals. After impressing in his first few outings, he looks to me now to be struggling. Which is where the problems start - Robbo off injured, and Gus clearly struggling on with a knock for well over half an hour. If both are out Saturday, we need at least one centre half in, if not two.

In midfield, we're clearly short of options, and I thought Kent struggled again. We only really have Williams or Janko to come in to replace him.

Up top, really disappointed with Armstrong tonight, and though Bradshaw worked hard, I think to rely on him to supply the goals Sam did is a big ask. I think Marley needs to be playing up front with him on Saturday. Armstrong will get chances for sure, but he needs to perform as hell of a lot better than that to keep his place.

Not a doom and gloom post by any means, as the lads in the squad have done tremendously, and will no doubt keep stepping up and surprising everyone. They could really do with a few bodies to help them out though.

Shame to go out as Blackburn was a winnable tie, but hey ho, if it helps us focus on the league, so be it.

Huge fortnight coming up.

Edit - having titled the post with reference to Hecky, I should add that I've every confidence in him to identify the solutions, just hope what's left of the backroom team can help him sort them.

2. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty much my take on it. Drop Kent, (even if it means WIlliams playing wide) get Marley up front, use Arnstrong from the bench.

I think Jackson had a poor game, but I don't thinks he's a bad player necessarily.

Thought Bree had a good game after a few early mistakes. Davies did well, and Jack Sparrow showed alot of energy when he came on.

I'd take a draw now for Saturday. We need to get behind Hecky & the team.

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Not that I disagree with any of the other stuff, but I particularly agree about Bradshaw.

Similar tally to Winall last season in league one, but at this level the jury's still out for me.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

4. KFC

KFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think he'll get there in time, I just don't think we can rely on him to replace Sam's goals.

Hat trick on Saturday to prove me wrong please Tom!

5. MexboroughTyke

MexboroughTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Janko must be proper sh*t to not even get a look in with how Kent has been performing these past few months.

6. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's been injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MexboroughTyke

MexboroughTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well, that's a fair enough excuse.