Help - wage structure

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by occook, Jan 19, 2017.

1. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone on here know how it works? I know people are saying we can't offer Conor £15/£20k a week as Hammill etc would want a pay rise.

Can we not offer Conor £10k/week + a loyalty bonus of say £1.5m? Which would make his earnings over a 3 year period similar to £20k/week without breaking any wage structure.

Appreciate that it isn't the same as signing Conor for £1.5m because it doesn't account for any return we would get for him if we sold him now. But if he goes for free in the summer regardless then surely a £1.5m investment is fairly safe in regards saleable asset in the future?

probably talking crap mind, it was just a thought.

2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not a clue, but I think it's fair to say that we'll generally be towards the bottom end of The Championship in what we pay (and are able to pay as things stand)

The difficulty is going to come in the next phase of our 'plan' - ie retaining the likes of MacDonald - we are going to have to increase our wage bill to compete if we want to push on, but also adjust our contracts - start installing triggers for additional years etc. But we don't operate in a vacuum, and I imagine agents and the like will have 'input'

3. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Cryne likes him that much he may slip him a bob or two ont QT, otherwise why cause unrest among the players.

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yup, totally agree with that. Imagine we will be looking to tie promising players down to contracts with extensions which can be triggered by the club. Think they're fairly common now. 2+2 for example. Standard 2 year and then club can extend for 2 more.

As so many have mentioned it's such a delicate matter to get right. We don't have a big turnover so getting the biggest out turn cost wrong by even a few percent can cause catastrophic problems for a club our size.

I love how our club is run. Every bit of success we have is a smack in the face of clubs running up millions of pounds of debts, of breaking all the rules in a desperate attempt to get their piggy little noses (Wednesday) into the greed of the premier league. Where any semblance remaining of the heart and soul of their club will be well and truly destroyed.

5. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And risk going to jail? Doubt it.

6. Red

Redz Director Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your spot on occock with that last paragraph the greed in football is poison to the game and don't get me started on agents they are ruining football.

7. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the club is to be self sufficient it cant keep accepting handouts from PC. Fact is he's done little different to many other wealthy backers in the past, the only difference is we've been surviving rather than winning. Last couple of years have shown it can be done, but whether it can continue to do so remains to be seen.

8. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What is it with people calling me a ****! It's not wrong like, but Hemsie called me a **** the other week too :)