Marc Roberts or Adam Jackson and £3.5 million.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redz Director, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Red

Redz Director Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not in any way saying Jackson's a better player than Roberts yet but we have kept more Clean sheets with Jackson and Mcdonald as a pairing I think Angus controls the back 4 better verbally without Roberts.

Just my opinion and that I know some on here and in the grounds on matchday's adore Marc Roberts but I think he's more than replaceable and he gets too much recognition because he's originally from Penistone and basically seen as a local lad and one of our own and all that but he's not even a Fan so he will be in the game to get as high as he can no loyalty so with that in mind I think £3.5 Million is a great bit of business.

Now Immediately offer this money straight to Conor and his agent (who will want the most money for him and his client) to stay here for the next 2 years as club captain and we'll build a new side round him with a buyout clause in there of £5 Million to any club higher up the football pyramid to protect our Investment cannot lose guaranteed a quality player on cheap in my opinion which means if we did sell him in that 2 Years we would make what we will now if we sell him this mean a very limited risk for us and no risk for Conor as he's guaranteed to be paid the same for staying as Hecky's Lynchpin and the option to move if it suits both parties.

My worry from Conor's perspective at the moment is he will be worried about getting a bad Injury while these massive offers are on the table for him so lets break the wage structure and give him £3.5 million over the next 2 years however the contract is written up so long as Conor gets what he deserves in my opinion with is stats this season and how important he is to us and cover's himself for this £450k gamble if he stays while the summer and picks the club and offer of his choice then simple as that.

2. Poet

Poet Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Comma's, semi-colons, full stops?

3. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've kept 3 clean sheets without Robbo in the side and kept 6 with him in and he's also only missed 4 games all season