Tactical transfers.... give it a thought ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    a few years back Grahame Souness bought Hignett from us for a good few million at those days prices , he was quoted as saying "that's 20 goals a season that Barnsley will not get" we were flying quite well at the time as we are now.... Hignett kinda melted into the background and spent most of his life on the bench. I wonder how many rich kid clubs are trying to hamstring us by buying out our assets and they see us as a threat to their progress. I mean look at the Pigs , they have bought our top scorer who is also in the top end of scorers in this division... we are well within striking distance of finishing above them so they have used the credit card yet again to buy an avenue to success... hopefully they will eventually burn out and the bailiffs will come knocking.

2. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty much what the Premier clubs do with buying up all the young talent and then loaning them out to overseas / lower league clubs, or letting them rot in the reserves.

3. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Heres hoping. Id laugh my arse off if they did a Portsmouth

4. wilky

wilky Active Member

Home Page:
    Couldn't agree more Dragon Tyke. I remember it well. Have you also considered that's it's equally effective to hire an unscrupulous press relations body to distribute speculation about your playing staff and management in a way that would inevitably unsettle our situation too? Maybe there are a few clubs that are aspiring to make the top six and they've got worried, after our excellent run in December and the first half of the season?

Tactical transfers / disruptive rumours. It makes you think.