opinion from Leeds fans (on the game)

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by andytyke, Jan 22, 2017.

1. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lots of other forums do this so thought I may give it a go starting with the Leeds game.

Worst performance since Forest.

disappointing and frustrating as ****

Absolutely gut wrenching
    Gutted

Not good enough , nobody on bench who could change it
    think their minds weren't at it , too many players were poor

Unfortunately I think automatic went with that.
    Just one of those nights. Nothing broke for us all night. Passing was sloppy
    Poor all round and will be happy to have pontus back. Ayling was poor and coyle in trouble all night

They have earned that. Forget about it and move on

Wasn't good to watch, they did what we did to Derby. As a team they wanted it more than us ...an old cliche but true in this case. No need to hit the panic button, at least they aren't one of our main threats in the play off places. Hopefully Monk can get them fired up for Forest. THose around us have tougher games coming up and we can keep up there

Best team won like said before we were complacent and didn't click - Bartley and Ayling had off days we as a team and they will bounce back

Hope everyone gets back safe. Stand your ground. Don't take any ****
    We Are Leeds. Remember that
    (fecking lol)

We just didn't get the ball down or show composure under pressure from them.....started knocking it long...not our game....

Good wake up call. Cant expect a game like Derby each week. And teams will inevitably work us out from time to time.
    From the start clear our midfield was ****ed. And that invited on pressure. This was probably the game to rest Viera and get O'Kane on from the start. But also hard to swap round a team that played so well the game before.
    Still well placed. Just a blip on the way to the promised land.

Beaten by a worldie free kick. Dust ourselves down and start another unbeaten run Wednesday night.. they is a long long way to go.. We're bang on track MOT

2nd best all over the pitch, down to earth again

Got what we deserved. Big reality check. We've recovered well from bad results earlier in the season to go on good runs, need to do the same again. Still think we need a couple of additions. Disappointing though.

Well that was a kick in the ********. We just didn't turn up tonight, it was odd. We looked jaded.

They played us at our own game - pressing. How long did you think we could go before somebody sussed that out?

And **** off mike dean you ****
    (^^^^^wtf lol^^^)

they played like we do, not good to watch us getting chased like that, they were better, games finished now, we move on

Fair play to them, they did well, got some good footballers, good passers of the ball.

I swear Barnsley take performance enhancing drugs against us. I'm sick of them. *******s.
    ( :D :D :D :D )

These things happens. It was their cup final, and I´m gonna place a big bet on them losing their next match regardless of who they play. We´ll bounce back from this, we have shown that character before.

A lot of teams seem to have their cup final against us.
    (ffs)

It was a Barnsley performance reserved for us, you can't imagine them going at it like that against anyone else in this league.

Ref was ******* **** too..a pen that never was and fussing over every little bit of contact.
    Ah well.
    Forest look out

Barnsley did to us what we did to Derby ( they clearly watched the vid) they harassed us and never let us settle.
    They wanted it more and we were over confident and came unstuck .

Their first goal, we fell asleep. Coyle for their second, huge question marks. They were first to every first and second ball. I don't mind if we were outclassed, Newcastle at home, yeah fairs fair I'll accept it, but tonight nah, gutted.

Well didn't see that coming, Barnsley out battled us despite playing 120m in midweek. Very disappointing, important we bounce back on Wednesday now

Well played Barnsley - lost one of their top players and one or two more may leave, but they are a spirited lot and just more up for it tonight.

I always wondered how we'd perform with a team that put pressure on us and we were definitely found wanting and didn't have a plan B

Barnsley's pressing made it difficult for players like Hernandez and Doukara, who like to get the ball into feet and play intricate moves to create chances.

They were busting a gut all match. I think a lot of us were convinced this was a Barnsley team devoid of confidence after losing key players, players being linked to big money moves, and playing 120 minutes in mid week and losing.

Second best tonight, no complaints, on to Wednesday.

Thought we had got past being out battled in our local "cup finals" [​IMG]
    That game was crying out for Pontus to get us going.
    Thank **** he's back on Wednesday.

First time in some time that we got bumped and bashed out of the midfield contest. Neither Bridcutt nor Vieira looked quick enough to the ball or the man tonight and subsequently, the protection that the defence got on Friday last, they didn't have tonight. That exposed the defence and it suddenly started to show that there were indeed 3 right backs playing and not a balanced back four.

Stay positive. OK we lost to Barnsley but our team is young, we were away
    (older than our team)

So many soft, silly fk's. The one just before HT that Doukara conceded they scored from give them hell of a lift
    Barnsley won't replicate that performance again this season either

Inbreds deserved the win. Played some good football and didn't give us a moments rest on the ball. Looked like us last week. They've got some decent players which they'll be lucky to keep hold of.

Does anyone know if Barnsley did to us what we did to Derby last week?

Oakwell is one of those places where we have a history of not doing well. The 5-2 and 4-1 defeats in two successive seasons.

Barnsley played a different game to Derby tonight and it paid off for them. Back down to earth. However, all to play for, and we're still 4th and five points clear of 7th, to be in that position going into February is very good indeed.

we were second best tonight and didn't deserve any points.

When you have to play tough Yorkshire derbies you need to win the midfield battles.
    It was a game for Phillips and O'Kane to battle and win the ball to,allow us to compete. We carried passengers in Doukara and Roofe and Hernandez. Not their type of game. I'm surprised Monk allowed it to persist.

Barnsley's last two goals were superb

- Barnsley are actually a pretty good team

Barnsley is an absolute **** tip of a place that needs nuking asap
    (lol)

How many wake up calls do we need? In the last few years we"ve had hundreds.
    Barnsley had players who were prepared to take people on and our lads looked off the pace.

Apparently I've just witnessed Barnsley FC win the World Cup. I can honestly say that I've never seen a team and fans celebrate as wildly as I saw Barnsley celebrate tonight and it puts some perspective on the obvious gap in stature of our clubs.
    I'll let them have it because, as any honest person will attest, they deserved it tonight. But the manner in which they celebrated each goal and the result got me asking why they were so manic? It's obvious though. A team that has nothing to play for the entire season is asked to perform on one starlit night. A night where their wantaway players (half their squad) get to showcase their ability on big stage and in front of the cameras so they can secure a move away from their tin-pot club and shithole town.
    I know this probably reads as me being bitter but, honestly, I'm not. They were the better team and we got out-fought. But I looked at the delirious faces of a bunch of inbred mongoloids tonight and felt genuine sympathy.

(my reply on to this....
    What do you expect.
    We have just beaten the champions of Europe, the biggest rivals of Man Utd and Chelsea. Winning the world cup is
    nothing to beating stuck in the 70s Leeds ffs [​IMG])

They are four points from the play off positions, had that been us four months ago and winning to move four points from 6th, Waccoe would be in meltdown tonight about how we played. Actually I think we could go back and look!! They dominated us tonight with their hunger, we need to get back to competing for everything before letting our better players create chances to win.
    Edit. We're 10 points from automatic not four yet still many think we will bridge that. And no I don't think Barnsley will make the top six but you can understand the bias their own fans may have!

2. Eas

East Grinstead Tyke Active Member

PR person
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for doing this. Interesting reading. I tried to have a look at a couple of Leeds forums but they were members only so I gave up.

3. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All I'm hearing on Twitter is that although they agree the handball for the penalty wasn't in the box (TV replays). It should have been a red card. So effectively, Mike Dean cost them the game.

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Whilst most of the comments above are fairly complementary, I do wish some people would think about what they're typing.

There's the chap who says that they lost because they have a younger side to us? I suppose that's just a mere assumption. We can gloss over that.

There was a chap who said that they had a weak bench. I read some of the comments pre match and many made comment on how strong their bench looked. It's a funny old game.

Don't get me started on the 'honestly not bitter' chap at the end. Clearly doesn't understand how football works. Did he expect us to boo at the final whistle? Bless him.

Overall a fair assessment by the Leeds fans. After watching them take Derby apart, I reserved judgement on their performance a little as Derby looked as bad, and devoid of all idea as they did when we played them back in August. It was a very similar sort of game. I knew that we wouldn't be as bad as that, as we haven't been in a single game all season. The way we began that 2nd half, we probably would have been out of sight had Mike Dean not tried to make things interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really enjoyed reading these comments.
    Thanks andytyke.
    Keep it up if you will, fascinating reading.

6. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some gracious comments , the leeds fans i work with are saying ref cost them

7. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty fair comments on the whole.

Our pressing was fantastic and made them revert back to the long ball game. It was like the ghost of Howard Wilkinson had infected them. When I looked up for the 456th boot from the goalie up the pitch I fully expected Brian Deans to be up there.

8. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Barnsley needs nuking? Lets just take one area of Leeds near the ground, Hunslet, f-me a right sht hole. If we put together all the dumps in Leeds they would Total an area and population bigger then the whole of Barnsley.

9. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I like the one about how we celebrated each goal. Because the Leeds fans didn't go mental when the first goal went in.

10. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How do they work that out. Mike Dean was the Leeds motm

11. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But its true, he normally is even more bias than he was yesterday and they know it and was expecting him being even more one sided. They wanted two penalties and a sending off, so you can see why he didn't meet their expectations