Can you actually believe

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That we've let Payne go out on loan, as poor as he is, and not brought in a striker? It defies any logic.

2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably an expected deal has fallen through ...otherwise , as you say it defies logic .

3. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Then why not wait till the inbound deal is completed before shaking hands on the loan?

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been told on here that the lad from Swansea is said replacement. For both Payne AND Winnall.

5. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A target man AND he's going to score 20 goals a season, and he's not even played centre forward. Awesome, bring him on.

6. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And for small change too...

7. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, that's some ******* Excel.

8. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, hasn't kicked a ball and he's written off as ***** already.

Welcome to Barnsley Mr Hedges...

Ever thought that wherever Yeovil town chose to use him, our coaches, way superior ones, may have seen attributes that lend to him being an effective centre forward? You know, height, pace, power, technical ability perhaps?

Does it occur to nobody that for a low budget club, having a player that can play on either wing as well as up front is of huge use?

No, the club is ****, the alleged spreadsheet is ****, we should have bought another three and kept all those allowed to leave...

Well, sod that. Sod all you lot who think it. This club has earnt a lot of respect and credit in the bank from me after the last year. They deserve support not this ridiculous bile.

Welcome Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What he said.

10. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ****ing hell, who has said he's *****? And bile? Wow.

Don't get so uppity. I'm sure he will be fine.

11. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a bizarre post. Zero for comprehension for you, eh? The criticism, if you want to try again, is that we haven't signed a striker, to replace the strikers who've left the club. Hedges isn't a striker. I can make no comment on whether I rate him or not, as I haven't seen him play. So I haven't made any comment on his abilities, despite your bizarre rant.

Like any other Barnsley fan, I hope he's successful, and I wish him well. I wanted us to sign a striker too.

12. BarnsleyBomber

BarnsleyBomber Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  13. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really?

14. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Zero for comprehension? Bit rich. Why don't you try again in your judgement?

Why is he not a striker - because Yeovil used him wide in a three? Or because their fans don't think he'd make a good centre forward? Maybe because at the ancient age of 21 he's not been used there all that much?

He's been in some places described as a winger - but in other places also as a forward who can play all across - including the centre. How about judging what his position is - or isn't - after at least finding out how Hecky wants to use him? He might well be used wide, he might well be used centrally. Or both. Not a bad thing. Marley is the same - though on tonight's showing seemingly much better out wide, that has to be said.

Torquay's fans said Angus Macdonald was no better than a non league defender.

Yeovil say Hedges is a wide player. Our club have brought him in to strengthen up front - be it wide or centrally.

I'll trust Hecky and co for now.

It might not be you that is the most guilty TM, pointing out we've perhaps not signed an out and out striker is fair - the bile bit isn't particularly aimed solely at this thread and certainly not you as an individual - but there's plenty on here that seem hell bent on bashing the club at every juncture.

We've lost two forwards in the window, one who essentially forced his way out, and another, with all respect, who is on his brief showings not good enough to be effective at this level, at least not yet, so he's been sent out to play and hopefully improve.

There's a shed load of whinging and whining about who we have and haven't signed and who we have and haven't kept, fair enough on other threads too, and very little trust or respect given to the club or individuals making decisions for it; after over a year of unprecedented success.

I just think the club deserves a little trust and support and I'm hugely frustrated at the writing off of the season and the signings made.

The reality is that we've been beaten tonight by a team ten or so places below us, who had a thirteen million pound signing sat on their bench.

Wigan Athletic, threatened with relegation, have signed about six players today after comfortably offering much more salary to Sam Morsy earlier in the month. Christ knows how much they're paying Gabriel Obertan.

The team one place above us - who took our leading scorer and trebled or whatever his pay - have just paid over £10million for another forward.

We can't - and shouldn't be conned into - trying to compete in those financial circles. It will inevitably lead to meltdown for some or all of those clubs. We have to do what we do, which might involve evolving a tall and strong winger into a centre forward.

15. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes that's exactly what people's issue is. It is that the new signing is absolutely ****. That he is the worst player anybody has ever seen and that everybody hopes he fails. That's exactly what people are saying.

Oh no, wait, no it isn't. People are saying it is weird to reduce our strike force so significantly without bringing in significant NUMBERS to replace those leaving. No more, no less.

16. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    See the above response. ***** was the wrong word, I'm probably being too emotive after reading all of the other threads - but he's been written off as not being a central striking option; he could well be.

17. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Trust The PlanTM.

18. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm stunned, we now have to limp on through injuries and suspensions and we are two strikers down. Id like to hear what Maurice has to say about the situation we find ourselves in.

19. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair enough. You might be right, we might be able to convert Hedges into an out and out centre forward. I guess though the point is that will take time, for him to operate in a fundamentally different position or the one where he's played most of his games, and at a higher level as well. Now you'll say that's exactly the model, and Christ knows we've heard enough about the much vaunted strategy to know development and onward sellign is the aim, but the point for me is that we're 8th in the league and I'm impatient to have someone to plug in and go now.

I know you'll say that's unrealistic, and you might be right, but I expected us to find an out and out goal scorer from the lower divisions along the lines of Winnall and Bradshaw. We have significantly more money in the bank than when we signed those two. If we're saying now that we cant even afford that type of player anymore (see Bogle) then we have an issue, don't we, because we're going to have to source players who are even less far along the development journey and consequently are going to take us even longer to get to where we can panic flog them with six months to go (sorry, bit of flippancy there).

Honestly mate, I think people are just disappointed and that's where the irrational nature of some reactions come from. I honestly thought at Christmas we had a realistic chance of promotion. Now reality has bitten and, regardless of whether these signings turn out to be Winnalls and Hpurihanes or Paynes and Moncurs, we've frankly got a very, very slim likelihood of going up. Even the most ardent disciples of the strategy must admit to being a bit disappointed by that, even though they sympathise with the circumstances, no?

20. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post but wasting your breath.