The club's obsession with loan signings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour), Feb 1, 2017.

1. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Were we told not that long ago that the club would hope to not be overly reliant on loan deals?

I get them to a certain extent but to have six in and possibly more when the loan window opens again is a concern.

Surely the club is in a healthy enough position to make more permanent signings and show some longer term planning recruitment wise rather than constantly going down the very short term loan deal route.

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think that there is a loan window now is there...

3. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My mistake. I believe you are correct.

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I thought it was a silly statement to make at the time. With the abolition of the emergency loan window it makes it more important to get business done inside the actual window. We've probably found it difficult to attract the players we wanted and as such have had to go down the route of loanees. We have signed 2 players to permanent deals in this window too lest we forget.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was a case of needs must.. we had no perms lined up, we let players go and then went shopping. Everybody and their mother knew we have 15 million quid in our back pocket. And everybody as seen us make vast amounts ( for a club our size). So the production line as stopped until the smaller club gets their share.. The market price as gone up

I feel the days of buying players like SSW and Connor for a 150k are long gone..again. Everyone as seen what we have done the cat is out of the bag... If we are to stay in this league, long term, then the striker like the one from Hibs we were linked with, is where we need to be. They had already turned down 1-2 million from Peterboro (a club that seem to know a striker) . We need to be beating those kind of bids now, to get decent players in..

We seem to want the Championship money and status... but not the down side, fees and wages...

Id say Huddersfield are a good model for us to follow, they don't go mad but pay a bit more than us and are doing well on it. We need to nove a stage higher as a club... or back down we will go.

6. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very sensible comments Spider. I agree wholeheartedly.

7. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    I couldn't of put my thoughts on it better myself. Doing what we have done so far as fantastically as we have done it, there comes a time where that gets you so far, like 8th and a few points off the play-offs then you have to go for players that are slightly more expensive and have quality right now as well as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk