After 30 games last season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Feb 6, 2017.

1. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were in 12th position with 42 points.

21 points off 1st
    16 points off 2nd
    15 points off 3rd
    14 points off 4th
    10 points off 5th
    8 points off 6th

This season we're in 9th position with 45 points.

17 points off 1st
    16 points off 2nd
    11 points off 3rd
    10 points off 4th
    9 points off 5th
    4 points off 6th

I dont understand the doom and gloom. It's been an incredible season so far. We've got our first full week without a match since the new lads came in so it's a chance for them to settle in and recover whilst Hecky can reassess things and get his focus firmly back to the training ground.

We've got Yiadom coming back in which instantly makes us stronger.

Matty James in my opinion looks a very classy footballer. We've not had a midfielder like him for a long time. Reminds me of Mcphail or Anderson Da Silva in the way he can wriggle out of tight spaces to open up a move. He looks to be playing very 'safe' at the minute but if Hecky can grind the results out whilst he's building fitness I think he'll come strong for us over the next few weeks. Scowens in great form at the minute so I think the 2 will form a strong partnership. They will never contribute with assists and goals as much as Connor but I think the plan is to be solid in the middle and bring the fullback into play more. I expect to see Yiadom very involved in attacking play until the end of the season. I'd like to see him linking up on the right hand side with Watkins I feel they'd form a very solid and powerful partnership.

Very excited about what the back end of the season will bring and think'll we'll pick up more points than some are expecting in the next 3 games in particular.

Cant wait for the away double and my first trip to Villa Park.

COYR!

2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Draw me up another set of stats showing he %of goals hourihane and winnall were involved in the second half of last season, the first half of this season and then you might understand the "doom and gloom". Using stats based on when we had a considerably stronger side only proves more how much of a slog this second half of a season will be.

3. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it would be ridiculous to completely ignore goals scored by Hourihane or Winnall. It's not like no one else would be there to score those goals

Stop worrying about things that haven't happened yet. We've still got a very good team

4. Fra

Fraser32 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because last season we was on the up from late November/December onwards, we only lost to Wigan who was a very good side! Now we have lost our best players who create and score 90% of our goals, I'd love to be proved wrong, but I see us struggling to score and pick up many wins now before the end of the season!! I just want to get over 50 points asap then we can all relax a bit more & then actually spend some money in the summer and go again!!

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Even the most blind optimist can see that we have lost pretty much all our creativity. We will grind some results out and regroup in the summer. It may be a bit of a hard few months until then. As even the Op said it's hard to see a midfield of Scowen and James (for all their positive attributes) creating much and difficult to see a time when Mowatt will be trusted to operate in a midfield 2 meaning we are pushed into an unfamiliar system with one up front which we may need some time to adapt to.

It's not wild criticism it's not criticism at all. We have had a great 12 months the sharks circled and we are left now to regroup. It happens to little clubs when bigger ones get involved. There's no shame in it.

The window was poor for us. Going la la la and sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't hide the fact. But it's not the end of the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing young Hedges develop and if in a couple of weeks we have nothing to play for giving some young lads a run out.

Onwards and upwards

6. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Top post.