Barry Taylor's letter

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by JamDrop, Feb 9, 2017.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not seen this posted on here but sorry if I've missed it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FA Chmn may have his work cut out to force thru reforms, judging by VP Barry Taylor's recent letter to councillors! <a href="https://t.co/ZfWcT56kv7">pic.twitter.com/ZfWcT56kv7</a></p>&mdash; Dan Roan (@danroan) <a href="https://twitter.com/danroan/status/829402411752112130">8 February 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thoughts?

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FA are being asked to be more diverse yet our very own board is no different. We might think out of the box and appoint a black woman as our new CEO.

3. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You pick the best person for the job not the one that ticks the social diversity boxes.

We are BFC not the BBC.

4. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mr. Taylor - the reason they want you to reform is because "you" i.e. the FA - cannot prise enough money out of the greedy premier league to fund grass roots football - so the dept. of culture media and sport have to subsidise your grass roots programme to the tune of £40million.

It's all very well saying "let them stop the money" being in the vaulted position of working for a club who have received 10 plus million pounds in the last 2 years - but ask the boys at Glossop Town if they are happy to stop relying on the dept. of culure - and stop relying on lottery funding and instead go cap in hand to the premier league for the money.

Frankly Mr. Taylor I'd be more than happy for Sky customers to fund the grass roots - rather than my taxes. But the greedy b@stards in the prem won't do it unless the FA make them....but wait the FA is run by the prem - so that will never happen. Please prove me wrong Mr Taylor and do the right thing for everybody. Stop taking much needed taxes - which Football does not need - and start a proper redistribution of footballs wealth and keep the politicians out of our game.

5. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Excellent post.

6. bright red

bright red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I understand the sentiments but not sure I agree that lottery funding should not go into grass roots football. The money coming into the professional game ought to be more fairly distributed throughout the leagues ( but never would be once the premier league broke away ). Football is a very important part of so many people's lives throughout age ranges and levels - it is right that public money goes into it.

7. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    that really takes the biscuit

8. kir

kirkhamtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would wonder why Mr Taylor is expressing his personal views regarding the FA on Barnsley FC headed notepaper.

9. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I completely agree with you. Grass roots football helps with many aspects of society - walking football is great for older men with excercise and loneliness issues - football is key to keeping the nation fit and reducing the burden on the NHS.

But it's run by the FA. And the FA gets the public money. And the "public" *i.e. dept of culture media and sport - want a say on how the sport which gets public money is run. And Mr. Taylor is saying to the politicians - nuts to you - stop interfering - and you can keep your money.

So we have a Mexican stand off. It's very important the public game gets this money. And it's very important that politicians keep their sneck out.

There is a solution - the prem can donate the £40 million and the treasury / lottery can distribute the funds to other more needy causes.

But that won't happen because of the big hobnobs ego's and people grand standing and wanting to be clever - and greed.

And instead of a very equitable solution it's all going to go crackers.

Carlycu5tard(cream)

10. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The debate about changing the FA seems to be heavily couched in generalities. People talk about governance and they talk about the absence of minorities on FA boards, and the fact that certain interested parties are barely represented. Decisions come from small boards, not boards that are encouraged to politic. Surely there is more to this than hot air. I cannot believed that this debate represents the full scope of the change that is being proposed, and yet, seemingly, no-one wants to talk about the ultimate aim of these changes. Without any understanding of the ultimate aim, and the level or reasons for the resistance to the changes within the FA, I am unable to decide whether it is a cause worth supporting, or not.

There is no doubt that the Premier League controls most of the revenue coming into the game, because SKY TV wants it that way. In fact the whole of football seems to cow-tow to SKY, changing kick-off times and even kick-off days seemingly on a whim, with no thought for the supporters of the two clubs involved, or how the new time will affect policing. But that is the way the world works. The man who pays the piper calls the tune. Frankly, if you want to discipline a dog, you would not start at the tail. How about the government controlling the way SKY does is business. Surely that is the role of government. Protecting the little guys from people who wish to abuse their power. I have said on many occasions that the football clubs are just a conduit for redirecting the SKY money into the pockets of the players. We the fans are mere observers of that process, as are the clubs, as is the FA. Football is indeed in need of a fundamental restructuring. Surely, the only argument is where does that start, because the clubs in the Premier League will fight proposals for change, tooth and nail, and the FA know that, and they know how much power the clubs wield.

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The sooner this man ends his professional association with Barnsley football club the better. This letter demonstrates everything that is wrong with football.

LIFE vp of the fa and LIFE president of bfc is so out of touch with the supporters and customers of the game that it is a joke.

12. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I totally agree with that. However, if you look at the folks who have been at the top of the FA for decades, they are/ were businessmen. Not football experts.

So, there are very strong women in business out there. They just haven't been approached becasue it's a closed shop, a boys network. It will change because it has to. Hopefully they will pick the right people not just folks to tick the box.

For the record, my dealings with the FA at a local / regional level have generally been really good.

13. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's rife in sport. Just look at any Golf Club. Parking spaces for President etc. Women can play on Thursday.

Sportsmans Dinners. Women can attend if not easily offended (by the way, I'd heartily recommend attending a Sportsmans Dinner if you're a woman)

In fact the whole after dinner circuit. Riddled with protocols where the VIPs are separated from the "plebs", put on a "top table" and congratulated for their contributions (whch usually involves nothing more than knowing other similar people).

The FA needs to change, but you could say that of many NGBs

14. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You talk utter *****.

Spoken to him a few times and he's a knowledgable person

15. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "What biscuits would you like fetching Mr Taylor ?"

"Digestives today please as they are high in fibre you know. "

16. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely spot on

17. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a stupid thing to say.

Ever met him btw?

18. Durkar Red

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    'Just look at any Golf Club'..... I'd say a minority of Golf Clubs are like that today, they've gone along way in golf to encourage women into the sport. I'd say womens golf is certainly expanding . I accept there are some exceptions

19. Durkar Red

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair point unless he is claiming to represent BFC's view of the situation .

20. fir

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would be expanding if the starting point is nil.

I've worked with a couple of Golf Clubs, and whilst I'd agree changes are being made, it's very obvious who's in charge.