Millwall fans

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MarioKempes, Feb 19, 2017.

1. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. old faithful

old faithful Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Saw Neil Harris being interviewed after yesterday's match and he refused to condemn the actions of the Millwall fans despite being given a few opportunities to do so by the guy doing the interview, in fact he ended up having a go at him. FA have to do something.

3. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They have drawn spurs next round that will be rough especially if the manage to get a replay back at the den. The fa have no balls if something happened like that at oakwell I expect the fa, bfc and syp would come down on us like a ton of bricks and rightly so everyone turns a blind eye to mill****

4. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get the impression that Harris revels in the behaviour of the fans at that club.

5. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

True but if there's a war on we might need them.

During the London riots them and West ham fans were the only ones protecting people, while the police were standing and watching.

6. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What was ever done about Wembley?

7. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Leicester are complaining. The BBC obviously can't remember our incident. I also can't believe some of the replies.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leicester have complained to the FA about the treatment of their supporters at Millwall <br><br>➡️<a href="https://t.co/UmaZakS9Pg">https://t.co/UmaZakS9Pg</a> <a href="https://t.co/gNo8Qq2R9i">pic.twitter.com/gNo8Qq2R9i</a></p>&mdash; BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/833648569789927424">February 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Barnsleyshaun

Barnsleyshaun Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Millwall FC's reply is best of all, no statement of intending to investigate, condemning it or anything of the like, not even an acknowledgement of having to look at it, just criticism of Leicester for not reporting it after the game.

Amazing how they seem to get away with it time after time, perhaps that what happens if the club ignore it and continue to brush it under the carpet, people just have to put up with it. I think the police the clubs cooperation to sort it out and it seems Millwall are not going to free any.

9. Barnsleyshaun

Barnsleyshaun Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Millwall FC's reply is best of all, no statement of intending to investigate, condemning it or anything of the like, not even an acknowledgement of having to look at it, just criticism of Leicester for not reporting it after the game.

Amazing how they seem to get away with it time after time, perhaps that what happens if the club ignore it and continue to brush it under the carpet, people just have to put up with it. I think the police the clubs cooperation to sort it out and it seems Millwall are not going to free any.

10. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know somebody on here wrote to Millwall FC after the shameful events at Wembley but I don't know if they ever received a response. I'm not certain but I think it was [MENTION=6792]SuperTyke[/MENTION]

11. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know somebody on here wrote to Millwall FC after the shameful events at Wembley but I don't know if they ever received a response. I'm not certain but I think it was [MENTION=6792]SuperTyke[/MENTION]

12. old

oldschooltyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andy Ambler spent nine years as chief executive at Millwall and is now head of professional game relations at the FA. May be this answers a few questions.

13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They initially replied saying it was an issue for their commercial director and would be passed to them. God knows why it was his responsibility.
    I got no reply so sent another and was told I would have to wait for my reply as he was on holiday. I waited for over a month, sent another and was told he was on holiday. I phoned them and got cut off without speaking to anyone. Contacted their supporters trust and got ignored. The fa refused to discuss it, the football league didn't respond.
    I sent anotger round of emails about a month ago asking for updates and again GT no response from any.

The only person who responded was the police officer in charge of the match. He replied before hourihane had taken the cup out of his bed and was quite helpful. He apologised but said that a lot of the issues were caused by the fa.

According to the police it was the fa who chose where fans would sit and the police pointed out the closeness of the two and the isolation of the Barnsley fans in that area but the fa dismissed this and as there is a safety certificate there was nothing the police could do to alter the Fa's seating plan.

The reason for the slow response by the police was because again the fa dictate where police are stationed inside the stadium and it was at the opposite end of the ground so the police had to travel all the way round the outside of the stadium and then up all the stairs to gain access to the trouble area. They were also hampered by having officers outside still dealing with trouble that flared in the run up to the game on Wembley way meaning that numbers inside the ground were insufficient. The fa wouldn't pay for a larger presence.

In short the fa prioritised money over safety and that ultimately caused the trouble.

PS for fa substitute football league where appropriate. The two are so far up each others arses it's hard to distinguish between the two

14. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A bunch of drunken scrubbers who attack their own nationality would be useful during a war? I thought you'd be on Russia's side anyway.

15. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Millwall player Morison was interviewed on TV over the weekend and he alluded to the hostile atmosphere at zThe Den playing a part. He may well mean it in a non-violent way such as the noise levels but the numpties that are encouraged to make it hostile need no encouragement do they?

16. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They will meet their match with Spurs fans. When we were in the Prem. the only time I felt threatened (and that includes the Den) was walking to the tube from the ground.

17. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ah that makes it alright then?

18. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It does with those scumbags

19. manxtyke

manxtyke Well-Known Member

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dint go to Ayresome park then in fa cup
    That was mental

20. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No it doesn't. Any retribution should come from the authorities/ law. Too many times too many innocents get caught up in the bother.