Ranieri

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Metatarsal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The sacking of Claudio Ranieri confirms all that is wrong with football. He took an average Leicester team to the pinnacle of English football last season, absolute fairytale stuff. This season they are either struggling, or have simply reverted back to "business as usual". Survival would have been a success surely? deserved better, but then again, Leicester are another club whose hierarchy have little, if any, connection to their local area.

3 years ago, a Leicester team containing Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez etc, represented a club that had somehow been unable to pay it's creditors only a few years beforehand but still spend millions on players and wages, and played against and demolished a truly dreadful Barnsley side. They were on their way to the premier league, we were on our way to league 1. The Leicester supporters that night arrogantly sang "When will we play you again?". With any luck, if fate truly bites them on the arse, in about 6 months time. (I don't mean that as a slur on genuine LCFC supporters, but it's stuck with me ever since),

Love Barnsley. Hate football.

2. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair, if we were hovering just above the relegation zone this season, some of our 'fans' would be calling for hecky's head.

It's a bizarre decision but there will be some Leicester fans who agree with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I completely agree in that Leicester had a freak season last season and one that was never likely to be repeated or even come close to being repeated. This season they are back to their natural level so sacking him nine months after delivering their greatest ever trophy shows a complete lack of class and understanding of football.

I hope they are relegated.

4. Get

Getrammellon Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's to be hopes he'd lost dressing room, cos if he hadn't - they are relegated.

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    This ^^^^^^^^

oh and they are Still in Europe and had a great chance of progressing again. Hope they get knocked out in the next match.

6. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ****ing hope the go bust (again). Although with a billionaire using them as his plaything it's unlikely.

Money has killed the beautiful game. Taken it away from the fans and given it to Sky and Foreign billionaires.

Not our club though. Well run within a budget by a local owner. Long may it continue. Whichever league we're in.

7. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We lost £1 million last season

8. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd imagine that if we are rock bottom this time next season that Hecky won't survive, regardless of what the fans think.

9. Ayl

Aylott Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely shameful decision - football has totally lost any moral compass.

10. wil

wilkojohnson Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Leicester fans get yer act together.... vote with your feet and boycott yer next home game...seriously.....and get the away fans (whoever they are) to do likewise

How would we have felt had we sacked Wilson after getting to the first division?

11. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I sympathise with Ranieri, but I don't buy into the whole notion that they're sinking back to their natural level.

With the players they have they should be comfortable in the premier league. Mahrez will probably get a big money move somewhere in the summer and revert back to the player he was last season. The loss of N'Golo Kante has hurt them as he is arguably the premier leagues best midfielder. Huth and Morgan have defended like league 1 centre backs all season after looking colossus this time last year.

I think the effort isn't there. The players are of the belief that they've reached what they wanted to and simply aren't interested. Ranieri is the one who's suffering as a consequence.

Sent from space using satellites and things

12. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Personally I think he got lucky last year , they dropped on a winning formula and carried the momentum through to the end of the season . It was a year of transition for the big clubs like Chelsea , Man Utd and Liverpool . It was a once in a lifetime achievement and good luck to them but the truth is that Ranieri hasn't really got an history of winning anything before last year .

13. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Because, unlike last season they aren't allowed to pull shirts and manhandle opposition players as the result would be a penalty ?

14. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our owner chooses to run us at a loss just like most other clubs do. Just not to the level of tens of millions.

15. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree, the big 5 all had poor seasons (by their standards) at the same time. leaving the way open for an outsider to grab the title. I take nothing away from Leicester's achievement, even though I dislike the club intensely but in an average year one of those 5 would have at least been in contention right to the end of the season.

I've disliked them ever since they went into admin and came out with no debt and a new ground. Last season their title win meant that we never got the recognition that our arguably better achievement deserved. I know that bookies were giving odds of 5000 to 1 pre-season against them winning the league, but what odds would you have got on us getting promotion back in December 2015?

16. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    my sentiments entirely