Saturday's gate..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by YTBFC, Feb 23, 2017.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

But no, seriously, it looks like it's going to be another great turnout, home and away.

Looking forward to it. I've been following the Reds since 1988/89 and in that time I've seen us score 34 goals against Huddersfield at Oakwell, in competitive games. Add another five to that for friendlies. Not even going to contemplate checking, but I can't imagine I've seen us score more against one club at Oakwell than that, in the last 28 years.

Nailed on 0-0 nar. Soz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TICKET UPDATE! The South Stand and East Stand are now completely sold out for Saturday's game with <a href="https://twitter.com/htafcdotcom">@htafcdotcom</a>. West stand still available <a href="https://t.co/hOWDngIGmN">pic.twitter.com/hOWDngIGmN</a></p>&mdash; Barnsley FC (@bfc_official) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfc_official/status/834814405154111490">February 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's 3ft high and padlocked. That must be Ashton Gate, and locked to keep a certain dwarf out when he gets the nine, ten, Jack!!!

4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    16k announced then...#hmrccrowds

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is that the one that Ross Mccormack can't climb over

6. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Paranoia or cynicism?

I can assure you the announced gate is the amount of sold seats.

7. Fra

Fraser32 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    YT,

Will the north side of the west get opened up today to buy and be left available for pay on the day people?

Hudds originally reported they had over 5000 for sale, around 5200 I'm guessing like Leeds had, but now for the last 24 hours or so have been reporting they have got 4600 and these have almost gone. Hopefully they can still pay on the gate and go up to at least 5200!

I've had reasons given to me from people at the club, it's not the clubs fault, but Newcastle had 5500, and in years gone by teams used to have 6000, then 5800, then 5500, and now 5200 & they was also allowed half of the north!! Our 6000 north stand is getting closer to 5000 as the years go by!! Stupid and out of order from police when the East and West stands don't even join onto the north stands!! We can't even sell tickets in the East stand block close to the North stand as well.....how much room/gaps do they want. Other stadiums have a line of seats/stewards in between fans!!

8. Voi

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Odd, isn't it? At last summer's pre-season fans' meeting in the Legends Suite I asked whether the police would allow us to have a crowd of 23000 in Oakwell, in the event that that number wished to attend. The reply from Linton Brown, with PC sitting by his side, was along the lines that there would be no problem with that. I do not know whether it is the club's decision, or that of the police, that the north side of the West Stand is now never open, or that not all the seats in the North Stand are used. Our official capacity is just over 23000, yet it seems that, in practice, our capacity is below 20000.

9. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cynicism - obviously. I've better things to be paranoid about than Oakwell.

I remember the Weds game at home when we got beat 0-3 and the crowd was 21,253, nearly 2,000 empty seats that day, half of the Ponty, nobody could find them. The East and Ponty had sold out in the week, Weds had sold out the North and half of the West.

10. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Am I missing something here? What would we gain from announcing a lower figure?

11. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pay less VAT is the obvious answer. That's what people always imply when this subject comes up.

12. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ah right. Wow. You cynical reds.

13. Gordon Owen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the clubs are the same. Look on forums across the country and folk saying how was there that much in today....

14. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it is the case then it's unacceptable. However, you've got to think it would be quite an easy thing to catch any club out on. Which makes me doubt that many would do it. If anything, the only discussion I have seen is clubs over-counting, as they report the number of tickets sold and not how many actually turned up.

15. Nor

NorthernDreamer Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I guess Wednesday must have a MASSIVE VAT bill then.;)

16. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With tickets sold in advance like this I expect the number should be the true figure. When we've had a lot pay on the day and not been given a ticket (this has happened to me a few times in years gone by) and then the amount announced is shockingly low, it makes people wonder.

17. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps. I still get a ticket and seat number assigned when paying on the gate though...

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

18. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As you should but I've been to many a match at Oakwell when they have just taken my money and said that they had no tickets left and to just find an empty seat. I do have to say that this hasn't been in the last few years though (although I haven't paid on the day in that time so I couldn't say whether they still do it at times or not).