Stark contrast

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Voice of Reason, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Voi

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ...between our home form and our away form. In our last 14 home games we have taken just 14 points (3 wins 5 draws and 6 defeats). In our last 10 away games we have taken 20 points (6 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats). These stats represent promotion form away and relegation form at home. We have performed fantastically well away, yet I don't think we've played that badly at home, and I am confident of a massive improvement pointswise in the final 6 home fixtures. I am optimistic that this will start with a victory over Huddersfield tomorrow.

2. Bre

BreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think our style, sitting deep and hitting the opposition on the break is more suited to playing away from home, where the onus on the team playing in front of their own fans is to attack.

3. Voi

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you're right, but I still think we should have had more points at home and that we have, in fact deserved more. I also think that we were unlucky to lose at Huddersfield, Ipswich, Leeds and Hillsborough. We've only really looked inferior to the opposition in away games at Brighton and Fulham.

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I agree, which is why I think we might have a bit of joy today. They'll be the favourites and like to play a high possession brand of football. We could attempt to soak up some pressure early on and build into the game.

We did something similar against Norwich at home and built a 2-0 half time lead. The atmosphere would be rocking if we were to take a 2-0 lead into the 2nd half today. I'm looking incredibly forward to this game. It'll be a measure of how far we've come in just 15 months.

Sent from space using satellites and things