Goal difference

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Voice of Reason, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Voi

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think that goal difference, as much as points, is usually a good guide to how good a team really is. Newcastle's is the best at +37. Brighton's is next best at +28. These are way ahead of all the rest of the teams in the Championship and seem to confirm that they are 1st and 2nd in the table on merit. Fulham's is 3rd best at +17 and the next best belong to Leeds and Norwich at +11. I fancy Fulham for the third promotion spot, not only because of the goal difference stat, but because I think they have been the most impressive team to visit Oakwell this season. Huddersfield's goal difference is only +8, despite the fact that they are 3rd in the table. Ours is +4, which means a two goal victory for us would make our goal difference the same. Obviously, a three goal victory would make our goal difference better, despite the big points difference in Huddersfield's favour. I fancy us to win this match, not least because Huddersfield have won their last 6 league games. They are due for a defeat, and we are massively due for an upturn in results at home.