It's a grumble - unusually for me

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Burgundy Red, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Burgundy Red

Burgundy Red Well-Known Member

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    And a familiar one at that.

Barring some unforeseen event between now and the weekend then I'm planning on coming up for the Yeovil match with a friend. He's been to Oakwell before but not to the West Stand so I thought I might make a day of it and take him to see the West Stand Bogs and take in the whole West Stand experience. So I went to the official site to check whether I can pay on the day for that stand and if so whether I can do so on the turnstile or have to go to the box office. I've since been round and round that awful site until I can take it no more. Sure I can ring up, or ask on here, but what information could possibly be more pertinent and warrant clearer display on the club's official web site than how to pay to watch the next home match?

Is the information even on there? I read on one page that "ID may be required when purchasing tickets from the Box Office and on the turnstiles" which implies that one can pay for some tickets and some areas at least on the turnstiles but prospective customers shouldn't have to guess and infer - this information should be clear, unequivocal and prominent.

If it is and I'm simply missing it then please can someone tell me where it is?

2. .:Tyke:.

.:Tyke:. Banned Idiot

Yeah you can pay cash on turnstile

3. Burgundy Red

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Thanks [MENTION=119483].:Tyke:.[/MENTION]

They really need to get that web site sorted out though. It's simply not fit for purpose.

4. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Burgundy - know exactly where you are coming from. I can inform you however that at the las home match v Orient me and Tom wanted to sample the West Stand experience (I had not been in there for over 20 years). Paid on the turnstile no problem. And enjoyed being in there - makes you realise how good the other 3 sides look ! !

I agree the website isn't clear on this.

I thiink it was Jay who replied to me a couple of seasons ago, in response to me continually asking if I could pay on the day, that unless a game is classed as all-ticket, you can pay on the turnstile at all sections of the ground, cash only. If you have no cash, you have to get to the Box Office in decent time with a card.

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    There used to be a cut off for buying tickets for a match that day but cant remember what time it was but it was a long time before Kick off - its something like 1 hour or might be even more. I had a quick look on the website and no surprise cant find the information

But to re-iterate the above for all games that are not all all ticket you can pay cash at the turnstile. I have a ST for the West Upper and there is always a cash turnstile open next to the one I use

6. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or, in the case of the 4 East Stand turnstyles on the Ponty Road side, 2 of them were pay on the day for the Middlesboro game, and nobody there, with 2 for ticket holders that were rammed!

7. Burgundy Red

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Sorry mate you're in the wrong queue. This one is for grumbling about the web site.

8. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For future reference [MENTION=55011]BFC[/MENTION]BoxOffice are pretty quick to respond