So - what we gonna do then?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dyson, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just sit back, let it happen & keep paying our money to be pissed off every season?

Like f.ck.

2. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looking forward to seeing how WSB takes this news...

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Athersley Rec here we come...

4. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What i want to know is what happened or changed at the club after Davey left?

Every manager before that including Davey had us out to go win games and take on the big boys - thats why we had good cup runs. Every manager since that we've gone out of cups with a whimper (even flicker at man city just rolled over) and its just felt the same.

Was that when Patrick stopped putting money in? Has the establishment suffered so much rot because of the neglect in those few years - its a case of replacing the structure instead of just the decorations?

This year - weve setup defencively instead of going to win games - maybe because were not good enough but this is the issue.

PC has started putting money in again but we are still suffering from those years or neglect?

5. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm getting pissed and writing something tonight. I'm getting banned.

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    WSB powered take-over?

7. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    We were at the Rec already with the performances on offer!

8. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stop insulting the Rec. :)

9. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lets gat an x player in (to appease most of the fans) on a two hour rolling contract...........tar rahhhh instant stability and long term strategy installed. Sorted.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not this time I don't think.

Summat worth considering. Every bit of money that you and I and everyone else who uses this forum, even those who sponsor players and games and take out corporate boxes, every bit that we've put in collectively in our whole lives does not cover the cost of sacking managers. Every single bit of pocket money I had when I was a kid, most of my wage when I had a part time job through sixth form, a good chunk of my grant from Uni (to the point where I sometimes chose not to eat), all the spare cash I had when we were scrimping and saving when we were buying our first house on **** wages and trying to decorate it and the vast majority of what I spend on leisure activities now I finally have got some money goes on supporting Barnsley. And it doesn't even make a dent on the amount it costs us to sack managers. Do we get a say in who we hire, how much we pay them, how much it costs to get rid of them and when we fire them? Nope, we just help to fund the process.

Was it £2 million we lost according to the last accounts? To get relegated and dump the whole squad. Half a million to pay off Flicker. Half a million. And they gave him five months was it? They sign a contract with a bloke who they're not prepared to give more than five months in charge they have so little trust in him but they give him a contract that will cost the club half a million pounds to be rid of him. I can't even begin to start to understand that. It's insane.

Next manager gets 13 months. He's got to get rid of all the squad in the summer, too expensive, sign a brand new one, and use a load of kids to supplement the squad because we haven't got enough players. He signs a cracking centre forward who starts banging them in, but gets injured, so we've got to rely on the ones who were a bit of a risk. He signs a great player on loan who makes the whole team tick, but he goes away on international duty, picks up an injury and has to have on operation. He loses his whole back four to injury and at times we're playing a team with an average age of about 6. Come January we've obviously got to get more players in, but the ones talked about and promised don't arrive, so we obviously missed out. The new players need time to settle in and the away results are poor, but we win 4 home league games on the trot and we're well clear of relegation. We're actually as close to the play-offs in terms of points as we are relegation. It's midtable, win a game then lose a game and you're bouncing up and down the league like a power ball with the rest of the midtable sides. We were ***** on Tuesday, no getting away from it, but all the talk this season has been about doing things differently, getting in young players and building up a squad over years not months. If you're going to do that you have to show patience and accept that sometimes we'll be crap. The statement disregards all that and just talks about budget, wages and promotion. So everything we were told was just utter horse ****. And I wonder how much that decision has just cost?

Do I want to financially support this lunacy any more? Not right now I don't. It's my club but I don't identify with what those in charge are doing with it and at this moment in time I don't just disagree with what they're doing, I don't want to support them doing it. I believe what they're doing is just plain wrong and I'm going to find it very difficult to back that.

Red Rain has continually stated that a true supporter is one who keeps going even when we're **** and the club actually needs us more when we are struggling. I've always agreed with it. But now I find myself in a bit of a pickle because there's nothing about the team that makes me want to withdraw my support, but everything about those in charge. I got it wrong about them, I put my trust in them and I was wrong. I don't know another way of showing my disapproval other than withdrawing my support. Summat I'll have to think about.

11. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That. In bucketloads.

12. Dod

Dodgy Back Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Completely and 100% agree with Jay's post. Struggling now to even give a ****..

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm just about done with it and this could be the final straw for me. I'm going to take some time to consider if I want to be part of this shambles any more.

14. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [MENTION=6655]Jay[/MENTION] like!

15. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I believe the 500k was Flicker and his team. Still ludicrous like.

Even bigger chunk on extra player wages to try and stay in the championship as well

16. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's get it organised.

17. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As usual the voice of reason Jay.
    I was always told to be analytical and not critical, the more you think about this, I just hope it hasn't cost us another fat wedge to get rid of Danny.
    This kind of thinking (and I know we are sh@te this season) just baffles me, as much as the playing standards have.
    3 year plan..... mmmmmmmmmmm

18. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Sorry!

19. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A heartfelt and reasoned assessment of all the reasons today's decision can be viewed as a shocking one.

But at the same time you can't push forward with a long term plan if you start to doubt the person in charge of that plan. Formations, tactics, substitutions - all things that Danny has made grave errors with in recent games. Patrick has obviously started to doubt the man in charge in the aftermath of Saturday and Tuesday, and as a result has pushed the button.

Just because sacking managers in the past hasn't done us any favours, that doesn't automatically mean sticking with the latest manager will bring success. Even in the victories we've not played particularly well, and from a long term plan point of view why did Danny persist with Hemmings, a player on a one year contract, even when his performances were well below par? Why did he change the shape of the team on Tuesday night that lead to Ben Pearson vanishing for the last 20 minutes, despite being our best attacking threat for the first 70 minutes? How did Jennings get another run out despite offering nothing in three consecutive substitute appearances? Why didn't he bring another striker on when chasing the game on Tuesday? How do you even begin to explain the Swindon debacle? Going over old ground I know, just trying to pinpoint reasons that Cryne might have come round to thinking that actually, with the way things are going, Danny isn't the man to deliver the plan.

I feel like we have a plan and a strategy, and just like other teams such as Southampton and Swansea, changing the manager doesn't stop you from delivering that strategy.

I hope the club doesn't lose your support, or the others who are frustrated today. I can see both sides of the coin on this decision and sit firmly in the middle. Part of me thinks it was time to go, the other part is distraught that we've moved Danny on.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    You're absolutely right, it doesn't, but it's way, way too early to tell.