Jft56?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Tomi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Tomi

Tomi Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "Thanks" to [MENTION=54054]Whitey[/MENTION] I saw this video footage of the Bradford disaster for the first time today.

[video=youtube;v6iTSAwGo1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6iTSAwGo1Y[/video]

I had only heard about the incident before and knew that a lot of people died in it, but it hardly ever seems to get mentioned in the media. I've seen a lot of weird and awful stuff on the internet, but this video has got to be up there with the most disturbing ones that I've seen in my life. It's unbelievable how quickly the whole situation escalates from a "harmless little fire" into a burning hell. At first people start leaving calmly while others are still singing their songs, and only a moment later the whole stand is in flames and everyone's in full panic and there are burning people wandering around. It all seems almost unreal... What a tragedy. :(

Anyway, a few days ago I came across this article in The Guardian:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/bradford-fire-stafford-heginbotham-martin-fletcher

How come this isn't huge news in the media? If any of it is true, then that's truly shocking and disturbing... :confused:

RIP to the 56 that died in the fire, and much respect to all of those who are taking part in the charity walk on Saturday!

2. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest the coverage/remembrance it gets in comparison to other tragedies is a disgrace.

3. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    [MENTION=6609]Tomi[/MENTION] - THANKS !

@ponty - too right. Liverpool (probably rightly) will be rammed down our throats for perpetuity, but by the same token so should Valley Parade and Ibrox.

The fact Liverpool couldn't do a mins silence on the date last year still rankles with me a bit. Imagine if City had 'forgot' to remember Hillsborough ?

4. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Because the Scousers lack class. That's the way I see it anyway.

5. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It gets shoved out of the way because the media are more focused on the Hillsborough farce

6. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And as for Heysel - won't get a mention

7. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a contrast to Hillsborough.

What is striking is the dedication, bravery and commitment of the police. It seems the police did absolutely what every one of us would expect them to - risked their own lives to protect the fans - their only focus only peoples safety.

Hats off to the coppers at valley parade - without those guys forcing fans onto the pitch lord alone knows what the death toll would be.

I too watched the match - and my abiding memory -along with John Helms commentary was the old bloke walking around oblivious to his hair being on fire which isn't on this video. It was so bizarre to me that he wouldn't have known his head was alight.

After watching this I'll be haunted by the guy at the end simply walking out of the fire engulfed in flames as if he was going for a walk in the park. (I now know he later died of his injuries). And I'll have a bit more respect for WEST yorkshire police. Maybe all coppers aren't b@stards. Just the south yorkshire ones.

8. has

hassell_is_god Member

I feel pretty sh1tty after watching that video.. For 30 years i have been oblivious to what actually happened there. I genuinely thought it was a small fire In one of the corners! Im shocked to have seen this!!! Heartbreaking..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk