Radio Barnsley 'Football Report' - Tonight at 7pm

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Aug 3, 2015.

1. RBF

RBFootball_ New Member

Yeah I remember. Felt like everywhere I went my ugly face was noticed haha.

I had fun last season but other commitments mean I had to pass the torch. I'm glad Chris has got it too. Add new ideas. Wish I could have worked with him initially. Ah well aha.

I may go on as a guest one day, maybe you guys should do too spencer

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nevermind the negatives how about some feedback to what was said or putting the talking parts online so the show minus the music :D

3. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    Glad I didn't try and tune in....all sounds a bit tin pot tbh.

On second thoughts, might have been done deliberately in keeping with our club the last god knows how many years.

Hth

4. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't the best but I think spencer as explained the problems with the studio

Other than whitey sounding like he's ready to jump off a cliff everything else seemed ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Trying tuning in but all I could hear was a whining sound so gave it up as a bad job.

There'll be plenty of whining on the BBS if it all goes tits up against the Spirerites

6. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

I wonder if Mr Whitey has been talking to the Samaritans

7. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

He bloody needs to

8. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dont know how they can be arsed to do it when only 20 people usually listen

9. RBF

RBFootball_ New Member

[MENTION=119451]CrossTyke[/MENTION]

When I did it last season I wasn't so fussed about how many people were listening in. Sure, it's nice to know people are listening out there, but I did it more to get fans to actually interacting with each other and to give a polite finger to a certain other radio station and say hey we don't need you.

Hoping tonights show goes up onto podcast and continues to grow but it can't grow without supporters coming on!
    Spencer

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

Big thanks to Chris and Jake for giving up their free time tonight and of course the four guests too. I enjoyed it, I felt we did a good job of it. It does have its issues of course, the studio is ancient and the size of a cupboard so with 5 folk squeezed in there on a warm evening we had to open the windows, hence the background noise. It's not soundproofed, it's a voluntary service, ran by volunteers giving up their free time to produce summat for fellow supporters.

All feedback is appreciated I'm sure. I only got back myself at nearly midnight and so I'm a little saddened to read so many complaints at the bandwith issue. It's beyond the remit of the lads I'm afraid. But a podcast is usually up a day later. However, that was Spencer's baby and so I'm not sure that is viable now. I have though offered to stick it onto my youtube channel if that's workable, I'll find out tomorrow.

As ever, if folk can offer any help or would like to offer up their own services and free time, that'd be brilliant, get in touch with the team. Until such a time though, it is what it is. A voluntary service run by amateurs, using ancient kit in an ancient studio.

Thanks again to the lads. I enjoyed it and will definitely return at some point this season. You Reds.

Whitey. X.

11. Tyk

Tyketicus Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dont be saddened about the complaints, it just shows that there is more demand for the service than it can currently supply

12. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It can't succeed when only 50 people can listen though , they obviously need to move to a different set up otherwise it will die off.

They need to give Dearne FM a call.

13. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would be brilliant if they could get a spot on Dearne fm because that station needs something, they don't even report on a goal till about 20 minutes after it's happened...but back to the OP, credit where credits due, I think they are doing a brilliant job bearing in mind what little they have got to work with and they are doing it all as unpaid fans, well done to all involved yesterday,

14. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If anyone has time, effort or funding to help improve the service, please shout up. Alternatively, sit in front of a keyboard and criticise those who are trying.

15. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

Well done to all concerned!

Hopefully someone will offer them better facilities so more people can benefit from their time and effort.

16. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You racist barsteward

17. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yer gret, barmy bugger!:D:D

18. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see you/they use wavestreaming for the erm streaming. Any idea what package it is? Only asking as their packages with 500 listener slots don't seem that expensive and I'm sure we could come up with some kind of fund raising to fund it for them. I'd certainly chip in

19. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it's not 50 is it? It's 50 live, then it's going to be re-run throughout the week plus they do tend to do a podcast. Even if it was only 50, it's 50 more than would be able to if they sat on their laptops moaning about people giving it a go...

20. RBF

RBFootball_ New Member

[MENTION=54054]Whitey[/MENTION]

Yeah its true I paid for the SoundCloud access myself so I could evolve it to a podcast. I also donated the subscription and account when I left (codes given to Jake)..I also DM'd the codes to Chris last night so one of them could get ready to edit the file and upload. Even if they didn't want to put it onto SoundCloud, they could have put it onto MixCloud which there's also an account for.

If they could whack it onto MixCloud, I could download it, edit and reupload as the podcast for them...Hell even your YouTube option is more viable than just replaying it on the station.
    [MENTION=119451]CrossTyke[/MENTION]

Fully agree with you on this, but the facts are that this show is the only show on the station that actually tops of the bandwidth. Every other show on the station gets maybe 1 or 2 listeners throughout their show if they are lucky. Another fun fact, Radio Barnsley is pretty much insolvent at present. The stream subscription is paid for each year by a former radio member who now does archery classes at the YMCA. Radio Barnsley needs members to join and pay to use their equipment for it to survive...You may have noticed last night there was no news. That's because they cannot afford the subscription now. Last Meeting I went to was in June and if this guy didn't pump any money in, it would have gone then.

My 2 pennies is RedRoad FM and Penistone FM...I know for a fact RedRoad FM would take the show and Penistone FM showed an interest.

Does anyone know if the Oakwell AM equipment is still at Oakwell?.
    [MENTION=54922]Marc[/MENTION]

I'll be honest with you, I wouldn't give any money to Radio Barnsley until the station chairman steps aside and the YMCA folk stop interfering with Radio Barnsley.

Maybe fund a new project?
    [MENTION=6792]SuperTyke[/MENTION]

They are on a legacy package and i think it's just over £200 a year they are on. It's pretty poor value for money if I'm honest.

I know another site that does ShoutCasting and does it for around £130 a year and is unlimited bandwidth and listeners..I proposed this as a cost cutting better value for money thing and It was immediately shot down.

As I say, there's lots of problems at Radio Barnsley. I hope it achieves its member target by September which was set because if it doesn't, this show is going to have to relocate quick.