Interactive map Everton

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Barnsley Loyal, Aug 24, 2015.

1. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you don't watch football on sky sports, you don't watch F1 on sky sports and you don't watch cricket on sky sports. But you subscribe to sky sports? Wtf?

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a big fan of the morris dancing championships. It's the only sport he can be sure is English only and full of whites (erm clothing of course)

3. Whi

Whitey Guest

It's head-scratchingly good.

4. .:Tyke:.

.:Tyke:. Banned Idiot

Only point I've proved is you haven't got a clue what you're on about, obviously teams have to come in at different stages due to the shear amount of teams that enter the competition I don't have a problem with that's not what I'm saying what I'm saying the very biggest clubs in this country get preferential treatment in the league cup don't tell me you think it's fair that just under 75% of a league have to start a round earlier the the rest, the rest being the teams with the strongest squads, if you think that's fair you're an idiot

5. .:Tyke:.

I absolutely love boxing fishing and darts and it's worth every penny to me to see them 3 sports, or should I miss out on the things I do like because theirs a load of ***** on the rest of the time ?

6. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hear you mate. I'd happily pay a reduced subscription to have boxing, cricket and darts to watch and fook the football off. I think they should hive off the football and charge whatever they want for that, and have a separate subscription for the rest.

7. .:Tyke:.

That's what they should have done with SS5 made it SSFootball and offered it as a stand alone channel, they're a match on now that I'm paying for but I've no interest in it what so ever, I'm watching crime investigation channel instead,

8. Cudeth Archey

Cudeth Archey Active Member

College Tutor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Couldn't be arsed reading through the comments but teams who come into the league cup 3rd Round will have a champions league or europa league fixture the same week as the 2nd round games besides with all the teams in then we would still have teams getting buyes to the next round.

As for the FA cup is it not wrong that the semi finals are played at Wembley?

9. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This. All the 'preferential treatment' argument is a load of ********. The reason it's done is fixture congestion.

The best teams will play a ridiculous number of games each season. Presuming they reach the final of the tournaments they enter, they would play 38 league games a season, 8 rounds in the FA Cup (plus up to 6 more in replays), 5 rounds in the league cup so 6 games (two legged semi final), potentially home and away champions league qualifying game, 6 group games, 2 in the round of 16, 2 in the quarters, 2 in the semis and 1 final. You can add 4 more games to that if they're in the Europa league rather than champions league.

So that's up to 75-79 games in a season not including FA cup replays. Add to that the international games the players play each season (is it about 12 when there's no summer tournament?) and they could be approaching close to 100.

Compare that to the 46 we play plus probably around 4 games across the FA cup, league cup and JPT making a total of 50.

I think it's fair to say the top teams can do without playing the early rounds of the league cup and the lesser teams can pick up the slack. But aye, it's all a conspiracy. I guess as .:Tyke:. is boycotting the match the only option for them is to change it in future seasons and make the top teams play 4 times a week.

10. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    I will have the interactive display on Sky to go at.

I can always flick over to another channel if it's poor entertainment

11. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The number of games argument doesn't wash with me.

The top clubs have nigh on 50 players but choose to loan them out. If Chelsea were that concerned about their players burning out they'd be giving Patrick Bamford an opportunity. Pearson would get a game for Man Utd but in reality they just have squads chock full of players they have no intention of fielding.

12. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And then people will complain about them not fielding their strongest side in cup games. They're not going to win the premier league, FA cup, league cup and champions league playing Patrick Bamford.

13. .:Tyke:.

Why are they in it then, why can't it be played at a different time start it a week early like they did a couple of years ago, theirs plenty of options available to make it a fairly even playing field, but they're not in the slightest interest, the competition is a complete joke, 12000 in Oakwell for a premier league team in cup when majority have only paid a 5er or 10er speaks volumes, people see it as a waste of time effort and money and the football league only have theirselves to blame for running it worse then local the FA could, The Sheffield cups run better . It's in need of a major overhaul.

14. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Playing the fa cup semis at Wembley completely cheapens the Wembley experience for me. When we played there against cardiff it meant nothing to me, I didn't feel emotional or proud like others say they did because I knew it was a fake Wembley experience which if the fa hadn't employed our scoreboard fitters to build would never have been played there because they wouldn't need to recoup near enough a billion pounds.

15. .:Tyke:.

Cardiff was a good day out, semis should be there, neutral ground and a very good stadium.

16. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So they should either play every game or not enter?

I've already said why playing every game wouldn't work. Starting a week early wouldn't work for teams in the community shield or qualifying for the champions league which also happen to be the teams that get a by through the first round.

Kick them out and it'll just because another version of the JPT. Pointless.

17. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the system works well as it is actually. Drawing Everton who didn't play in the last round is no disadvantage to us.

18. woolley mammoth

woolley mammoth Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm fcucked if I know what this **** has got to do with an interactive map :confused: :confused: