0 - 0 Draw

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dr Zazlos, Aug 24, 2015.

1. .:Tyke:.

.:Tyke:. Banned Idiot

Ha ha ha ha

2. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tha's had to endure it for many years now and still here. Keep the Faith !!!

3. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Your not wrong!
    Thing is is we bring 2 decent additions in ideally a Striker and Left back , then we have potential to be a good team.
    If no additions are forthcoming I suspect it will be more of the same.

4. Jak

JakeWarrior Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd be expecting Pearson to sign in January, he'll be 21 and United would let him go if the fee was good enough. Like LJ says he'd have been around the first team plans at Man Utd by now if they had any intention of integrating him into the setup. At his age he'll want first team football and this is the only place where he can be guaranteed that.

5. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Entertainment and ability are synonymous.
    That's why millions pay to watch premier league football and sky doesn't have four league two games on each week.

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's because the fans want to see the best players.

It doesn't mean that every premiership game is more entertaining than every league 2 game

7. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And why do fans want to see the best players?
    In my opinion, this would be because they are more entertaining to watch.
    I agree, it does not mean every premier league game is more entertaining, but I would suggest the vast majority are.

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure why anyone would think you have to have the best players to have the most entertaining matches. The Spanish side of a few years ago were easily the best in the world but dull to watch. You can provide entertainment and have a positive attitude whatever your ability level.

9. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just the other 5 loans leaving then (in the unlikely event we cough up what Manure want for Pearson).

10. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would seem the vast majority of people think this and that's the reason, as I stated earlier, that the bigger leagues attract the most viewers.
    Also, I don't buy that the perception that the Spanish national team was boring to watch. Far from it. Positive attitude doesn't equate to entertainment.
    I can assure you that if I got a game tomorrow, no matter how positive I was, it would not be entertaining to watch!

11. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again not sure where you are getting your figures from Stoke City get better attendances than Malaga. Is that because they are a better more entertaining team. Likewise we get better attendances than Rochdale they are a much more entertaining team. More people travel to away games with Crystal Palace than they do Barcelona does that make Palace a more entertaining away team than Barcelona?

I would literally rather watch paint dry than Spain toasting sideways 300 times then scoring when the opposition fall asleep.

It probably would be entertaining to watch. kayode Odejayi was entertaining to watch.

There is no doubting you get better quality players that doesn't make them any more or less entertaining. Do Bournemouth become mystically more entertaining when they got promoted to the premietship?

You need to separate entertainment from Sky marketing ********.

12. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm getting my figures in relation to the global market, not individual attendances relating to specific teams.
    There are many other reasons why teams differ in actual stadium attendances aside from the quality of football.
    Millions of people don't watch the premier league or the champions league because of 'marketing ********'.
    It's because it's a better standard of football.
    And no Bournemouth don't become 'mystically' more entertaining, but the addition of higher quality players and higher quality competition would most likely lead to more entertaining games.

13. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    F
    So global TV audience inform us what is entertaining or not? This is nothing to do with he way that some leagues are aggressively marketed and some are not. Again Everton have a bigger global audience than say Bayern Munich because of the exploitation of rights by The Premier League I guess that means that they are more entertaining.

It will be interesting to look at the impact of marketing on the Champions League now that BT have it.

Look at other fields an independent film might have a much smaller audience than a blockbuster starring Vin Diesel. Is it axiomatic that one is more entertaining than the other or is one just marketed more aggressively and with a bigger budget?

I watch live 40-50 games a year including non Barnsley ones at most levels and can confirm that the level has nothing to do with the level of entertainment on offer. Some of the dullest games I saw were at league level some of the most entertaining at non league level.

14. Jak

JakeWarrior Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I doubt Man Utd would ask for too much with Pearson as he hasn't played a first team game and I imagine his contract runs out at the end of the season. Harris's loan could be extended to the end of the season should he play well. Rothwell and Wilkinson could be replaced in January with permanent signings. Dibble could become back up keeper to Davies should Townsend go back to Birmingham. It's only Crowley who would be difficult to keep or replace and having him here until January will gain us a lot of points in the coming months as I think he will be a future 1st team player for Arsenal.

15. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you are pretty much resigned to us having to rebuild in January again?

Holgate's contract ran out at the end of the season and we still wanted 2 million for him.

16. Jak

JakeWarrior Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's hardly a rebuild, more of a progression of what's been started. LJ said he would need 3 transfer windows and I trust his judgement. It'll only be a rebuild if Cryne hears a minority of the fans calling for the manager to be sacked and obeys their wishes. The squad isn't complete but panic buys would only make the job even tougher.

17. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't necessarily disagree with some of that. If you lost 5 players out of your match day squad then that's a fair percentage to replace. It's not about panic buys is it? We have 1 forward and are already playing a centre half at left back.

If LJ was given 3 windows he might get the job done. I doubt whether he will be. We are rebuilding again because of panic sackings and there's no reason to think anything has changed.

18. Jak

JakeWarrior Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what worries me. If we have to rebuild under another new manager I'll lose a lot of motivation to attend games. I doubt we'll get a better manager at the level we're at than the one we currently have, if it wasn't for him I doubt we would have signed Mawson.

Sent from my thl 5000 using Tapatalk

19. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but the again I thought the same about Wilson without whom we probably wouldn't have Hourihane, Scowen or Winnall. Which comes to the other difficulty of the 3 windows approach. All 3 of them are one year from being out of contract at the start of transfer window 3 so could potentially have all 3 sold out from under him.

I like LJ and certainly won't be saying he should leave or anything as I want him here for the long haul and want him to be successful. I don't really know much of his qualities as a manager other than he produced a competent if dull Oldham team and has done ok for us thus far is he the best we can attract ? To be honest I don't see it as relevant we just need stability.

20. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hourihane, Winnall & Scowen are all out of contract next Summer? Are you sure about that?